Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Good plan. My Code Alarm wasn't expensive but took a bit of time wiring in. It has an ignition-kill relay since you can easily bump-start a vehicle with a manual tranny so a starter-interrupt relay doesn't really do much. And the impact sensor. Plus door locks. And pin switch monitoring.

Both of my Rangers are equipped with PATS/Securilock, so the fuel injectors are dead until it sees the right key code. Bump starting is a non-issue for me. I really just want it to make a bunch of noise when the doors are opened, or the windows are smashed.

Consider a wifi security camera.

Especially if your wifi reaches out to where your vehicles are parked.

You could even put the camera in your vehicle.....

You can set it up to send a notification to your phone if it detects motion.

If you got something like an Arlo or Ring camera you could hear the intruders and speak to them in real time.

Short of paying a subscription, footage could be recorded as cheap as an addressable hard drive on your Ethernet. (I'm seeing a 4Tb WD Red Plus for $60 on Amazon)

I have one on the front of my house facing the front door, and one behind my house facing where I normally park the trucks. Of course I parked the truck in a blind spot, so no footage. I probably will invest in two more for the dead zones.

My Code Alarm comes with its own siren, but it has an option to also honk the horn. I have it set to that and it makes quite a fuss when it triggers - as I well know. The other day I set the alarm and then realized I needed to put something in the bed. Since the bed cover was closed I opened the tailgate. :nabble_smiley_oh:

My Code Alarm comes with its own siren, but it has an option to also honk the horn. I have it set to that and it makes quite a fuss when it triggers - as I well know. The other day I set the alarm and then realized I needed to put something in the bed. Since the bed cover was closed I opened the tailgate. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm glad to know your system is well tested and Gary-approved. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm glad to know your system is well tested and Gary-approved. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll tell a little story on myself regarding said alarm system. The other day I set the alarm and then immediately opened one of the tool box lids and the alarm didn't go off. I tried it a time or two more with the same results, but ran out of time and moved on to something else.

Today I decided to figure out what was wrong. Knowing that it worked properly before I spliced into the circuit going to the toolbox pin switches but didn't after I added the tailgate switch to that circuit I pulled everything apart, including pulling the wires off the pin switches and taking the magnetic switch for the tailgate off. But testing that circuit proved that everything was connected correctly. :nabble_anim_confused:

And then I remembered that there's a delay in the system after you set it to allow you to get all of the doors and other openings closed. So I set the alarm, counted to five, and opened the toolbox lid. Sure enough, the alarm sounded. I've now put everything back together. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'll tell a little story on myself regarding said alarm system. The other day I set the alarm and then immediately opened one of the tool box lids and the alarm didn't go off. I tried it a time or two more with the same results, but ran out of time and moved on to something else.

Today I decided to figure out what was wrong. Knowing that it worked properly before I spliced into the circuit going to the toolbox pin switches but didn't after I added the tailgate switch to that circuit I pulled everything apart, including pulling the wires off the pin switches and taking the magnetic switch for the tailgate off. But testing that circuit proved that everything was connected correctly. :nabble_anim_confused:

And then I remembered that there's a delay in the system after you set it to allow you to get all of the doors and other openings closed. So I set the alarm, counted to five, and opened the toolbox lid. Sure enough, the alarm sounded. I've now put everything back together. :nabble_smiley_blush:

With everything you've done to the truck, it can't be easy to remember the ins and outs of everything you've installed. It happens to the best of us. :nabble_smiley_good:

I couldn't do an 8-mile run in the best of times, and especially not at that temp.

And that antifreeze says it got really COLD! Man, I hope your RV is OK.

FROZEN ANTI FREEZE! nope. not gonna happen. not for me. I hear a beach calling my name and saying "we got beer"

FROZEN ANTI FREEZE!

What's going on Matt?

Did you get so much low under the freezing point? 🥶

I live in the south for a reason! Actually, it is by choice. really, I like both but only if I can keep warm. last week at this time it was well below freezing and today it is in the sixties. It does get cold enough here, but it doesn't stay too long. I'm originally from new England and I remember living with snow for extended periods. I even go back for a snow fix occasionally. like running a primitive biathlon in Jeffersonville VT. in January. I wish that one was still going on.

I am also very worried about thiefs, there is a "crack house" on the corner. They broke into Brutus and stole the tow chain, fortunately i got that back. Everything was out of place and it kind of gives you this feeling of being molested somehow. Since then, both Brutus and the Ranchero have alarms. We have the ranchero set up to where if you just lift the handle to see it it's unlocked, it will set it off. Definately have plans on a wifi camera. We live in a trailer, and we also own a house that is on the other side of the neighbor which is where the Ranchero lives, and with that sound system thats in that thing, i know its a matter of time which is why Nick set the alarm up on the door handles as well, better then broken glass. These crack heads around here go up and down the street trying door handles.

I am also very worried about thiefs, there is a "crack house" on the corner. They broke into Brutus and stole the tow chain, fortunately i got that back. Everything was out of place and it kind of gives you this feeling of being molested somehow. Since then, both Brutus and the Ranchero have alarms. We have the ranchero set up to where if you just lift the handle to see it it's unlocked, it will set it off. Definately have plans on a wifi camera. We live in a trailer, and we also own a house that is on the other side of the neighbor which is where the Ranchero lives, and with that sound system thats in that thing, i know its a matter of time which is why Nick set the alarm up on the door handles as well, better then broken glass. These crack heads around here go up and down the street trying door handles.

Ordered the new intake today, i think it should be by the weekend, but somehow i doubt it, but with the new year comes more vacation time. I see a vacation day or 2 in my future.

20221231_113136.jpg.5dc5f5495051ca809c8f6e576e2e02cf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got eh new intake installed, new valve cover gaskets and the carburetor set on top. First thing i noticed right off the bat. I wanted to see if the accelerator and cruise control cable would fit, they did. Always since we've owned this car, the gas pedal was always a bit hard to push and sat to close to the floor, hence you could never floor it so to speak. Since i attached it to the holley, I have pedal and it's the way it is supposed to be. Thats a head scratcher there. I had started looking around for a new cable, but dosen't look like i'll need one right now.

20230111_170420.jpg.830eee1bbee7d58bf27808220618795e.jpg

20230111_171003.jpg.cbd328703fb6d081c99ca4bcf6db2749.jpg