Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I couldn't do an 8-mile run in the best of times, and especially not at that temp.

And that antifreeze says it got really COLD! Man, I hope your RV is OK.

Like I said, it only got to about -15°F. That was the actual temp, the wind chill was around -40°, but wind chill only affects how fast something cools off, it'll never get below the actual temp. So I'm not sure why this froze. Googling it I see that straight propylene glycol should freeze at -39°F, and mixing it with water actually drops the freezing temp. The commercial stuff with a -50°F rating is supposedly 60% water. So did it separate? Or did they cheap out and use too much water (although I had two different brands and both did the same thing).

This wasn't all that unusual weather for us, and I haven't had trouble before, so I'm choosing not to worry.

That’s a very nice Ranchero!

Well, my truck was broken into last night. I opened the passenger door and saw the contents of my center console sitting on my driver seat (mainly just my work badge, pens, and receipts). I went to the driver's side, and the door was closed but not latched (so to not make loud thuds). The only thing that was missing was a set of small padlock keys that I found recently, but I'm not sure what they go to so best of luck to the crim!

My neighbor's Explorer was hit too, so it seems like they were just checking all of the cars. I try to always lock my truck but can't be sure I did yesterday. There are ways to access vehicles without breaking windows, so they may have gone that route if it was locked. Either way, I'm just glad my window wasn't smashed. I usually park my truck in the backyard out of sight but had a lazy moment and left it out front which has never been an issue before, but now I'm keeping it in the backyard again.

We hear it all the time, but make sure you don't leave valuables in your vehicles. I believe they were looking for weapons, wallets, purses, loose electronics, etc. I keep none of that in my truck, so they left it in a hurry.

Well, my truck was broken into last night. I opened the passenger door and saw the contents of my center console sitting on my driver seat (mainly just my work badge, pens, and receipts). I went to the driver's side, and the door was closed but not latched (so to not make loud thuds). The only thing that was missing was a set of small padlock keys that I found recently, but I'm not sure what they go to so best of luck to the crim!

My neighbor's Explorer was hit too, so it seems like they were just checking all of the cars. I try to always lock my truck but can't be sure I did yesterday. There are ways to access vehicles without breaking windows, so they may have gone that route if it was locked. Either way, I'm just glad my window wasn't smashed. I usually park my truck in the backyard out of sight but had a lazy moment and left it out front which has never been an issue before, but now I'm keeping it in the backyard again.

We hear it all the time, but make sure you don't leave valuables in your vehicles. I believe they were looking for weapons, wallets, purses, loose electronics, etc. I keep none of that in my truck, so they left it in a hurry.

Bummer! But at least the window wasn't broken and nothing important was missing.

I really like the security system I have on Big Blue. It wasn't expensive, but the impact sensor will trigger if someone hits it hard enough to break a window, and the pin switches will set it off if they open a door, the tailgate, hood, or tool box lid.

That stinks! I dislike thief's.

Haven’t had any gas stolen for awhile. Have a camera and better lights now.

That stinks! I dislike thief's.

Haven’t had any gas stolen for awhile. Have a camera and better lights now.

Out of an abundance of caution, I removed my audio stuff (except for the head unit) since whoever was in there last night probably saw it and might try to come back for it.

I'll probably look into a security system if I put the audio stuff back in. Would be nice to have the pin switches on the doors.

Out of an abundance of caution, I removed my audio stuff (except for the head unit) since whoever was in there last night probably saw it and might try to come back for it.

I'll probably look into a security system if I put the audio stuff back in. Would be nice to have the pin switches on the doors.

Good plan. My Code Alarm wasn't expensive but took a bit of time wiring in. It has an ignition-kill relay since you can easily bump-start a vehicle with a manual tranny so a starter-interrupt relay doesn't really do much. And the impact sensor. Plus door locks. And pin switch monitoring.

Consider a wifi security camera.

Especially if your wifi reaches out to where your vehicles are parked.

You could even put the camera in your vehicle.....

You can set it up to send a notification to your phone if it detects motion.

If you got something like an Arlo or Ring camera you could hear the intruders and speak to them in real time.

Short of paying a subscription, footage could be recorded as cheap as an addressable hard drive on your Ethernet. (I'm seeing a 4Tb WD Red Plus for $60 on Amazon)

Good plan. My Code Alarm wasn't expensive but took a bit of time wiring in. It has an ignition-kill relay since you can easily bump-start a vehicle with a manual tranny so a starter-interrupt relay doesn't really do much. And the impact sensor. Plus door locks. And pin switch monitoring.

Both of my Rangers are equipped with PATS/Securilock, so the fuel injectors are dead until it sees the right key code. Bump starting is a non-issue for me. I really just want it to make a bunch of noise when the doors are opened, or the windows are smashed.

Consider a wifi security camera.

Especially if your wifi reaches out to where your vehicles are parked.

You could even put the camera in your vehicle.....

You can set it up to send a notification to your phone if it detects motion.

If you got something like an Arlo or Ring camera you could hear the intruders and speak to them in real time.

Short of paying a subscription, footage could be recorded as cheap as an addressable hard drive on your Ethernet. (I'm seeing a 4Tb WD Red Plus for $60 on Amazon)

I have one on the front of my house facing the front door, and one behind my house facing where I normally park the trucks. Of course I parked the truck in a blind spot, so no footage. I probably will invest in two more for the dead zones.