Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

That's what I've been doing... and routinely pulling/changing the cartridge filter in between (how I know it's still losing debris). I'll change the oil (and drop the pan) next this spring... maybe get it in then.

Upon a re-read of the notice, they need to *add* a relay. Apparently the ABS modules on the original (current) wiring constantly have power, and also have issues with getting water in the connectors, shorting out, and burning cars down. A variant of the recall in the news lately for Hyundai telling owners to park their cars outside as a precaution.

I'll find a way to get it to a dealer and fixed then... last thing I need is a driveway bonfire not of my making!

Upon a re-read of the notice, they need to *add* a relay. Apparently the ABS modules on the original (current) wiring constantly have power, and also have issues with getting water in the connectors, shorting out, and burning cars down. A variant of the recall in the news lately for Hyundai telling owners to park their cars outside as a precaution.

I'll find a way to get it to a dealer and fixed then... last thing I need is a driveway bonfire not of my making!

Yes, get it fixed!

• 2 weeks later...

I went and did something completely out of character.

For one, I vowed to never buy a new car again. Two, I always thought that crossovers were lame. I'm a truck guy. I've had a couple sporty cars in the past, but I'm a truck guy. Three, I didn't even really do my homework. Well, my wife and I have been adjusting to our new life together and part of that was getting rid of my daily driver Fiesta ST, buying a cheap truck for whenever we needed one, and sharing her 2017 Honda Accord (she walks to work). I hated the Accord so much I actually convinced her to consider trading it in for something more comfortable and viable for long-distance driving and camping.

For some reason there was a thought in my mind to look at a Mazda CX-5. So we went to the dealership for a test drive and as soon as we pulled out of the lot, I said "I hate this". It just drove and sounded like a small car. We switched seats and she drove the rest of the way. She loved it. So I asked if we could drive a CX-9. Immediately I knew it was a car I could enjoy for years. The interior is just as nice as the CX-5 but more roomy, it soaked up bumps like a luxury car, and the road noise was nil. I was sold.

So I bought it.

123.jpg.63bf9a8bc53f8d5759612555a7dd59ad.jpg

124.jpg.a1dfa7f81a7e13f39fd03d91d50e5d2e.jpg

I am incredibly conflicted because of what past-me would've thought about this purchase, but man, I am happy with the car.

For one, I vowed to never buy a new car again. Two, I always thought that crossovers were lame. I'm a truck guy. I've had a couple sporty cars in the past, but I'm a truck guy. Three, I didn't even really do my homework. Well, my wife and I have been adjusting to our new life together and part of that was getting rid of my daily driver Fiesta ST, buying a cheap truck for whenever we needed one, and sharing her 2017 Honda Accord (she walks to work). I hated the Accord so much I actually convinced her to consider trading it in for something more comfortable and viable for long-distance driving and camping.

For some reason there was a thought in my mind to look at a Mazda CX-5. So we went to the dealership for a test drive and as soon as we pulled out of the lot, I said "I hate this". It just drove and sounded like a small car. We switched seats and she drove the rest of the way. She loved it. So I asked if we could drive a CX-9. Immediately I knew it was a car I could enjoy for years. The interior is just as nice as the CX-5 but more roomy, it soaked up bumps like a luxury car, and the road noise was nil. I was sold.

So I bought it.

I am incredibly conflicted because of what past-me would've thought about this purchase, but man, I am happy with the car.

If tomorrow and the days after you still happy then you made the right choice. I think Mazdas are well-engineered vehicles, but haven't been in that one so don't know more than that.

So I bought it.

Nice! “Past you” will get over it.

My friend had a Mazda 626 that he really liked. My son had a Mazda 626 also. He called it Stitch! Some of you might get it!

I ended up with that car for awhile, I liked it. It was a manual, ended up being my daughters. Taught her to drive a clutch in that car. After a week or so she burned the clutch up. Wasn’t the best looking but fun to drive and pretty easy to work on.

I agree with Gary, engineered well.

Nice! “Past you” will get over it.

My friend had a Mazda 626 that he really liked. My son had a Mazda 626 also. He called it Stitch! Some of you might get it!

I ended up with that car for awhile, I liked it. It was a manual, ended up being my daughters. Taught her to drive a clutch in that car. After a week or so she burned the clutch up. Wasn’t the best looking but fun to drive and pretty easy to work on.

I agree with Gary, engineered well.

I had the chance/need to drive a freinds cx9 a while ago. She needed it couriered. Anyway it was comfortable. Drove awesome and was not afraid to move. I was impressed. Cant really say a bad choice unless you ended up with payments. But thats another issue😩

• 3 weeks later...

I had the chance/need to drive a freinds cx9 a while ago. She needed it couriered. Anyway it was comfortable. Drove awesome and was not afraid to move. I was impressed. Cant really say a bad choice unless you ended up with payments. But thats another issue😩

Yeah I'm doing payments after saying I'd never do it again...

This car is THE BOMB for long-distance driving. I figured out the adaptive cruise control and it basically drives itself as long as you do the steering. I always wanted to get a 2005/2006 Lexus LS430 for maximum comfy but now I don't have to. It's not as fast as my Fiesta was, but it's still deceptively quick for a big car. Overall I'm very happy, and now I don't have to drive my 274k mile Dodge on our upcoming big summer trip towing a pop-up camper through 5 states.

Yeah I'm doing payments after saying I'd never do it again...

This car is THE BOMB for long-distance driving. I figured out the adaptive cruise control and it basically drives itself as long as you do the steering. I always wanted to get a 2005/2006 Lexus LS430 for maximum comfy but now I don't have to. It's not as fast as my Fiesta was, but it's still deceptively quick for a big car. Overall I'm very happy, and now I don't have to drive my 274k mile Dodge on our upcoming big summer trip towing a pop-up camper through 5 states.

My 2015 F150 is the most comfortable vehicle I’ve had. But the adaptive cruise is turned OFF. It hits the brakes at times when passing a reflective tanker truck, and if someone was on my tail there would be a wreck.

And the gentle nudge it’ll give the steering if you get too close to the edge of a lane is turned off. One day the guy I was following hit black ice and slide to the left on a bridge. I eased right in case he came back and the nudge was just enough to send me sideways. After recovering, and doing a bit of cleanup, I turned it OFF.