Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I’m sorry, but this kills me!

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d/smith-river-1991-ford-150-truck/7347836402.html

They are still making 351 Clevelands and are putting them in trucks! Well, in 1991.

Edit, add text

I'm missing something. I don't see Cleveland mentioned. Maybe they took it out?

Otherwise, that's a lot of truck for $1300. However, it says "needs tranny" and if I can't drive it I'll pay something like $500 max.

Otherwise, that's a lot of truck for $1300. However, it says "needs tranny" and if I can't drive it I'll pay something like $500 max.

To the best of my knowledge only the Australian trucks got the Cleveland.

And the 302 C was more common even there.

Yup, they took it out. Perhaps someone contacted them about their error.

• 1 month later...

Look what I parked beside this morning;)

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n31001/IMG_7928.jpg

I quite like the silver color.

Very nicely done photo.

The silver highlight running along the side, aft from the yellow turn signal and then to the rear fender, really helps to set off the lines. The lower line, from the front bumper, over the wheel, then aft also looks good.

The small step just ahead of the rear fender is helpful for reaching in, or getting in, the bed.

Well done design!

The silver color brings back memories. Back in '65, after getting drafted, I drove from the west coast to Rhode Island with a '61 Falcon 85hp. It was a very striped-down car when I got it, used, and most likely was a company car. Went via Route 66 to Fort Wayne non-stop. Stayed overnight and in the morning the starter motor wouldn't work. Wife and I push-started it (didn't weigh anything), popped it in gear to start it, drove from there to Wickford, RI without a starter. Hills were my friend.

The Falcon was a silver color and looked very good so this pickup reminded me of it. 6-cyl is a nice simple engine, typically lots of room to work on them, and they tend to hold up well. Put lots of miles on it [the Falcon]. Even without the UV clear coat the paint held up well.

The pickup Silver color is nice.

Look what I parked beside this morning;)

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n31001/IMG_7928.jpg

I quite like the silver color.

Very nicely done photo.

The silver highlight running along the side, aft from the yellow turn signal and then to the rear fender, really helps to set off the lines. The lower line, from the front bumper, over the wheel, then aft also looks good.

The small step just ahead of the rear fender is helpful for reaching in, or getting in, the bed.

Well done design!

The silver color brings back memories. Back in '65, after getting drafted, I drove from the west coast to Rhode Island with a '61 Falcon 85hp. It was a very striped-down car when I got it, used, and most likely was a company car. Went via Route 66 to Fort Wayne non-stop. Stayed overnight and in the morning the starter motor wouldn't work. Wife and I push-started it (didn't weigh anything), popped it in gear to start it, drove from there to Wickford, RI without a starter. Hills were my friend.

The Falcon was a silver color and looked very good so this pickup reminded me of it. 6-cyl is a nice simple engine, typically lots of room to work on them, and they tend to hold up well. Put lots of miles on it [the Falcon]. Even without the UV clear coat the paint held up well.

The pickup Silver color is nice.

Nice! Thanks for sharing the photo. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice! Thanks for sharing the photo. :nabble_smiley_good:

This is a picture of our '61 silver Falcon.

Spring brake, south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Camped out then moved into the car that night. It was cold. The next morning, surprise!

Bunch of Sierra Club folks helped push us out of the campground spot, and the campground.

The drive out (no chains, shovel, or tow rope) was up and down a series of hills, no plowed road and was one of the first cars. Go down one hill as fast as one could in order to climb up the next one. A bit of a pucker factor.

-= John =-

IMG_9919_copy.jpg.df2460a019b184e7d869176b767aeb66.jpg

An old German saying:

"To soon we get old, und too late we get smart"

This is a picture of our '61 silver Falcon.

Spring brake, south rim of the Grand Canyon.

Camped out then moved into the car that night. It was cold. The next morning, surprise!

Bunch of Sierra Club folks helped push us out of the campground spot, and the campground.

The drive out (no chains, shovel, or tow rope) was up and down a series of hills, no plowed road and was one of the first cars. Go down one hill as fast as one could in order to climb up the next one. A bit of a pucker factor.

-= John =-

An old German saying:

"To soon we get old, und too late we get smart"

I like that saying. I personify it in every possible way. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. You aren't alone!

Saw that on the door as one exited the Garden City Hofbrau (I thought that was the name) in San Jose, California. That was back in the early '60s before the city did a bypass of down town and tore down all the old buildings that were in the way. You know, its called re-development.

It was a very nice, old, and large building with high ceilings, where one could buy food and, of course, beer to go with. A fun and inexpensive night out for the nearby college/uni students. And with music and dancing.

Wish I could remember the German words... Zu soon wir get alt, und zu spat wir get smart.

May have been a combination of German und English words. The memory fades ...

Looking back, it wasn't a wise thing to have done. The elevation there is about 7,000 feet and the 85hp engine didn't have the power it had at sea level. Also, I always had recaps and usually drove them, if they lasted that long, until the tread was almost gone. Of course, the rubber wasn't as good back then, 20K miles was good. With my '49 Ford I used to count (I'm gong to redact this!)... Could have easily spun out and several times almost didn't make it over a few of the hills. A squeaker, nail-biter, of a drive.

[Edit: The picture of the pickup is from a post by Rembrandt on Page 1, and there are more pictures of it there]

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. You aren't alone!

Saw that on the door as one exited the Garden City Hofbrau (I thought that was the name) in San Jose, California. That was back in the early '60s before the city did a bypass of down town and tore down all the old buildings that were in the way. You know, its called re-development.

It was a very nice, old, and large building with high ceilings, where one could buy food and, of course, beer to go with. A fun and inexpensive night out for the nearby college/uni students. And with music and dancing.

Wish I could remember the German words... Zu soon wir get alt, und zu spat wir get smart.

May have been a combination of German und English words. The memory fades ...

Looking back, it wasn't a wise thing to have done. The elevation there is about 7,000 feet and the 85hp engine didn't have the power it had at sea level. Also, I always had recaps and usually drove them, if they lasted that long, until the tread was almost gone. Of course, the rubber wasn't as good back then, 20K miles was good. With my '49 Ford I used to count (I'm gong to redact this!)... Could have easily spun out and several times almost didn't make it over a few of the hills. A squeaker, nail-biter, of a drive.

[Edit: The picture of the pickup is from a post by Rembrandt on Page 1, and there are more pictures of it there]

Good saying! My father in law is german, he has a lot of good ones.

Like, “would you understand better with your glasses on?”

• 5 weeks later...

Good saying! My father in law is german, he has a lot of good ones.

Like, “would you understand better with your glasses on?”

This morning I witnessed something I haven't yet come across in my life. I was walking through the grocery store and witnessed two individuals wearing body armor, one male and one female. It was immediately suspicious to me, so I made note of their appearance. It was obvious they were NOT Law Enforcement/Military of any kind, nor were they with armored transport. They both had a multi-channel radio on their collars, and had some sort of insignia at the top of their armor, but unfortunately I could not read it. Their clothing was plain civilian, and they were not in a uniform. They were both wearing sunglasses and hats, and both of their faces were pretty well covered. They had tied two shopping carts together, as if they were going to buy a large amount of food. As the male was putting items into the carts, he was taking a picture of each item and the corresponding price tag on the shelf. I could not make out any visible weaponry, although they may have concealed some in their clothing behind the armor. I'm not the kind of person to be afraid of another man, but it definitely made the other shoppers and I uncomfortable. If they had worn the body armor underneath their clothing, and had no radios, I wouldn't have paid them any attention. I can't tell if they were just paranoid people, part of a hate and/or militia group, or possibly a cult. Either way, it was very strange. I hope nothing comes of it, but if so I will refer back to this post in case I can't remember the details.