Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this site and brought back fond memories. I remember some of the covers and probably still have them somewhere.

https://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/index.htm

That’s cool! I used to get them regularly, and was in the stores frequently, especially back when I was active as an amateur radio operator. But even later I bought many, many things fro them.

I think there is still a store, or at least a building with a sign, in Claremore.

That’s cool! I used to get them regularly, and was in the stores frequently, especially back when I was active as an amateur radio operator. But even later I bought many, many things fro them.

I think there is still a store, or at least a building with a sign, in Claremore.

Wow, that was really cool to flip through some of the catalogs. It amazes me how some of the prices aren't far off from today (I was browsing through the 80s and the 90s), even thirty years later.

• 3 weeks later...
Big jump in gas prices here last night...it is now at exactly $5/gallon....ugh. That'll suck the fun out my "pleasure driving" the old pushrod truck this summer. Might have to have more driveway shows...lol, with my truck as the only entry!

Big jump in gas prices here last night...it is now at exactly $5/gallon....ugh. That'll suck the fun out my "pleasure driving" the old pushrod truck this summer. Might have to have more driveway shows...lol, with my truck as the only entry!

$2.63 - $2.69/gal for 87 octane, here.