Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I really appreciate that this forum shies away from politics and religion.

IMHO, that is what separates it from most of the rest.

If someone's nose gets out of joint because of that, I'm sympathetic, but not moved.

Jim - Well said. I've heard from a lot of people who appreciate this forum for its demeanor, and that has to include the lack of politics and religion.

And you are spot-on with the sympathy w/o being moved. I'm sorry that Ray has left. But that doesn't mean I think we should discuss either politics or religion.

Bob - I appreciate your input. It is helpful to know how others handled things. But the problem I'm seeing is that down here in The States there's a huge gulf between people regarding politics. Some won't talk to others if they voted "the other way". In fact, I've seen people leave their church home because of political difference.

How did they know what the other person believed? Facebook! People get on and tout their own "truths" and someone else takes issue with them and now they've started a war of words. I've watched it happen between my own friends.

Yes, I'm on Facebook. And while I don't have any say over what other people post on there I do have a say in what I see. So I've unfollowed bunches and bunches of people because they get into political discussions. If the person is really close to me and hasn't done it before I might give them the benefit of the doubt. But the vast majority of people are G.O.N.E. from my Facebook feed the very first time they start into politics. And you know what? I've heard others complain about what's being said on Facebook and I say "I've not seen any of that." :nabble_smiley_evil:

So I want to keep this forum w/o discussions of politics or religion. I believe it will keep us friends for a much longer time.

Gary, I thank you for your objective input.

As mentioned, I never intentionally offended any one and redacted my post to (hopefully) eliminate any suggestion of overstepping the bounds of this forum.

You know that I don't participate in FB or any other contentious social media.

But that's for my own sake, and not others.

I want to thank you for providing and supporting 'neutral territory', where I and many of us can feel welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Gary, I thank you for your objective input.

As mentioned, I never intentionally offended any one and redacted my post to (hopefully) eliminate any suggestion of overstepping the bounds of this forum.

You know that I don't participate in FB or any other contentious social media.

But that's for my own sake, and not others.

I want to thank you for providing and supporting 'neutral territory', where I and many of us can feel welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Welcome, Jim. But we are in this together. It takes us all working together to make it the place we want to frequent.

Welcome, Jim. But we are in this together. It takes us all working together to make it the place we want to frequent.

Took me a while to find this place (bs thread), how's everybody doing? Life is operating at 1000% fast forward for me but it's mostly all good.

Don't leave, Ray, I'm sure nobody meant any harm. I didn't read the full thread but I suspect confusion & misunderstandings happened as these guys here are some of the best you'll find anywhere.

Took me a while to find this place (bs thread), how's everybody doing? Life is operating at 1000% fast forward for me but it's mostly all good.

Don't leave, Ray, I'm sure nobody meant any harm. I didn't read the full thread but I suspect confusion & misunderstandings happened as these guys here are some of the best you'll find anywhere.

Hi Chris!

It's great to hear from you. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Even at 10X speed I hope you've had the chance to enjoy it. 😊

What's the update?

Will this crazy year ever end????

Nobody poked at Ray.

He seems upset about "Liberty" and "censorship", that we aren't men because we choose to be civil and supportive.

IDK.

I was absent back in November when whatever transpired.

Hello, Chris! Long time no see. I see you post on FB from time to time, and Bill/Numberdummy refers to you every once in a while, so I assumed you are still kicking.

So, what you been up to? Working? Driving the SHO? Fill us in!

Hello, Chris! Long time no see. I see you post on FB from time to time, and Bill/Numberdummy refers to you every once in a while, so I assumed you are still kicking.

So, what you been up to? Working? Driving the SHO? Fill us in!

I just want to say i appreciate this forum for what and how it is. You all seem like fine people and if anyone wants to talk politics or religion or whatever else, Im happy to do so in a different place.

I just want to say i appreciate this forum for what and how it is. You all seem like fine people and if anyone wants to talk politics or religion or whatever else, Im happy to do so in a different place.

Thank you Sam. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's the members (like you) that all help make this place 'what and how it is'

So I want to keep this forum w/o discussions of politics or religion. I believe it will keep us friends for a much longer time.

I guess I should check into this section more often than every couple of months. I don't even know what happened. I for one appreciate the no religion/no politics policy Gary, and I agree that it will keep us friends for longer. I am interested in and crave the technical discussions we have.

I am one of those guys that used to argue on the internet (Facebook, mainly) and I ended up quitting it for about 5 years. I am back on there now, but any of my friends that posts or discusses anything to do with politics...I have them blocked from my news feed. That includes friends and family too.

As always, thank you Gary (and the rest of the admins) for running a tight ship here. What you've done here is very cool, and a great resource. I can't wait to meet some of you (or all of you) in person some day.

Merry Christmas folks, and enjoy the holidays!