Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

The VIN is the only part that matters. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Janey recommended that I keep one bolt off Dad's truck that was original. So I have a valve cover bolt.

Reminds me of the story about the family axe that was an heirloom. The handle had been replaced dozens of times and the head had been replaced several times, but it had always been in their family.

Janey recommended that I keep one bolt off Dad's truck that was original. So I have a valve cover bolt.

Reminds me of the story about the family axe that was an heirloom. The handle had been replaced dozens of times and the head had been replaced several times, but it had always been in their family.

Abe Lincoln's Axe :nabble_smiley_beam:

Neat idea on keeping a bolt and the valve cover is a good place for it.

Abe Lincoln's Axe :nabble_smiley_beam:

Neat idea on keeping a bolt and the valve cover is a good place for it.

This is my grandpa's railing at my folk's cabin after the windstorm in 2019. He made it probably before I was born. And he passed away over 45 years ago.

The wood posts were getting pretty rickety about 20 years ago when the first tree fell on it. I replaced all of the posts and straightened the one bent section of galvanized water pipe he used for the rail. I also moved it from the left side of the steps to the right side. But it was still my grandpa's railing!

After the storm last year I had to replace one of the replacement posts as well as two of the three main (original) sections of pipe and a couple of the original connecting fittings. But it's still my grandpa's railing!

DSC_8653.jpg.3146fa3c5c68654c7b6b4b1c38155609.jpg

DSC_8673.jpg.2e10bd308f720555f94daacbedbf015f.jpg

This is my grandpa's railing at my folk's cabin after the windstorm in 2019. He made it probably before I was born. And he passed away over 45 years ago.

The wood posts were getting pretty rickety about 20 years ago when the first tree fell on it. I replaced all of the posts and straightened the one bent section of galvanized water pipe he used for the rail. I also moved it from the left side of the steps to the right side. But it was still my grandpa's railing!

After the storm last year I had to replace one of the replacement posts as well as two of the three main (original) sections of pipe and a couple of the original connecting fittings. But it's still my grandpa's railing!

I like the way you are preserving your grandpa's railing. :nabble_anim_claps:

I like the way you are preserving your grandpa's railing. :nabble_anim_claps:

Speaking of Dad things, this is the porch swing he made in 1954, I was 5 at the time. My Mom wanted a porch swing for their new home, Dad built the swing from left over oak flooring used in the house. When he passed away in 86, my brother got it and stored it in the barn. When he passed in 2011, I got it had to replace a lot of the slats on the seat and back. But to my kids it’s still Granddad and Grandmothers swing. And I hope it always will be.18ACA7F9-2609-4001-BBC6-E94F7408AAE4.jpeg.93641674c4ea5742aa799cd5576858a3.jpeg

Speaking of Dad things, this is the porch swing he made in 1954, I was 5 at the time. My Mom wanted a porch swing for their new home, Dad built the swing from left over oak flooring used in the house. When he passed away in 86, my brother got it and stored it in the barn. When he passed in 2011, I got it had to replace a lot of the slats on the seat and back. But to my kids it’s still Granddad and Grandmothers swing. And I hope it always will be.

That's cool, David! I hope my grands will have things like that of mine to remember me by. Maybe a truck or two? :nabble_smiley_evil:

I've got my dad's soldering iron and my great grandmothers paper weight.

Found memories but that's enough baggage for me.

I still have the section of the floor that I cut out of my brown truck for the transmission inspection plate. At some point I'd like to put my best picture of that truck on the plate and hang it on the wall so I can always remember the truck that gave me the confidence to fix my own vehicles.

I've got my dad's soldering iron and my great grandmothers paper weight.

Found memories but that's enough baggage for me.

I have a pair of needle-nose pliers that were my grandpa's. They have a pretty solid patina to them, but they're the best needle-nose pliers I've ever seen, and that's not rose colored glasses talking. They are STIFF, and the jaws close evenly the whole length. They were probably the best quality thing that dirt-poor immigrant ever owned!

I also have a couple of cheap guns. I never use them but they don't take up much room in the gun safe.

Otherwise it's just the few things he made at the cabin and the one tree he planted there. People wanted to cut down that tree last year but I wouldn't let them.