Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

It’s been a couple of weeks since the low oil pressure issue with the 84, and I have not touched it. DW thinks I’m spending to much on “that” old truck, that’s why she named it Jolene. Have not told her about the motor issue. She told me I needed to paint the top of the cab red, so she would have red hair. The 86 may become a higher priority, glad I had not started stripping off. But I do need to find a fuel tank switch.

We have been gearing up to start the harvest, corn and soybeans. Looks like we will start the first of next week, so that is all we will be doing for the next month or so.

Our son and his wife in Ireland have completed the self isolation and setting in. Classes start next Wednesday they are looking forward to it.

A couple of years ago the window in our motor home started leaking, one of the weep hole was plugged. Anyway it messed up the panel below the window. Thought it would be a good time to replace the panel, can no longer get the same wallpaper. So I ended up getting a sheet of 1/8” paneling and putting the back facing out. Now waiting for the DW to tell me what color I’m to paint it.

What else is going on, the slave cylinder for the clutch on my 1990 gold wing starting leaking, waiting on a rebuild kit, decided to rebuild the master at the same time. Missing some good riding weather.

My wife is a crafter, so she's always looking for new things to make. So yesterday she asks me if I have any old tires laying around. This is what you can do with a worn out BFG Mud-Terrain!

DSC_0690.jpg.99d62a325ae0c7e1d7239ae2279ca94c.jpg

Glad you found the other one. You don't want to be dealing with that seller - they are shady.

I picked up the white Flex today in Norfolk, only one key which can be an issue. I drove it to Hampton to get the headlights done, but, my friend with MAACO shop was two men short and swamped. I then went over to a lock shop in Newport News that I have dealt with for over 40 years, they do not stock the integrated remote keys as there are too many variations, but were able to cut and program a none remote head key for me giving me (a) a second key and (b) the ability to now add additional keys once the actual key is cut (it takes at least 2 working keys to add more using the vehicle's own system to accept them).

Mary found a pack of two blanks on eBay for right at $23 delivered so once they come in I will probably bight the bullet and let Preston Ford in Keller cut them with their nice automated machine.

I picked up the white Flex today in Norfolk, only one key which can be an issue. I drove it to Hampton to get the headlights done, but, my friend with MAACO shop was two men short and swamped. I then went over to a lock shop in Newport News that I have dealt with for over 40 years, they do not stock the integrated remote keys as there are too many variations, but were able to cut and program a none remote head key for me giving me (a) a second key and (b) the ability to now add additional keys once the actual key is cut (it takes at least 2 working keys to add more using the vehicle's own system to accept them).

Mary found a pack of two blanks on eBay for right at $23 delivered so once they come in I will probably bight the bullet and let Preston Ford in Keller cut them with their nice automated machine.

Keys! That reminds me the battery on the one for Blue is low.

Anyway, first impressions on the Flex? Is it what you were looking for?

Preston was the name of the carburetor shop, wasn't it Bill?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it was Fred's brother's middle name, James Preston Pennington. This is a chain of dealerships mostly on Maryland's Eastern Shore, they bought Kool Ford.

Found this picture in an old thumb drive. I believe this was taken right before my high school graduation as that is what I wore for the ceremony. It's hard to believe that was already ten years ago. I was still a relative newbie on Eff Tee Wee, the F150 wasn't even 4x4 swapped yet, and it was still a few months before I bought my 2003 Ranger (second picture). It's crazy how time flies and priorities change. The truck I thought I would have forever (F150) is long gone, and in it's place is an even better truck that I won't be afraid to scratch. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Graduation.jpg.bbf7202a0999d34cc304bcfc994b338d.jpg

Same guy, ten years later, with much taller trucks. :nabble_smiley_evil:

DSCN2034.jpg.ebbb011583d90a1045966da3b560b341.jpg

Found this picture in an old thumb drive. I believe this was taken right before my high school graduation as that is what I wore for the ceremony. It's hard to believe that was already ten years ago. I was still a relative newbie on Eff Tee Wee, the F150 wasn't even 4x4 swapped yet, and it was still a few months before I bought my 2003 Ranger (second picture). It's crazy how time flies and priorities change. The truck I thought I would have forever (F150) is long gone, and in it's place is an even better truck that I won't be afraid to scratch. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Same guy, ten years later, with much taller trucks. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, either you are shrinking or the trucks are growing. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, cool shot. I remember that kid from Eff Tee Wee. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

Definitely not shrinking, that's for sure. :nabble_smiley_happy:

SOOOOO..... I have located a 1984 Bronco 4x4 XLT, its two tone tan it appears to be relatively rust free, 4speed manual transmission and 351w HO engine, completely stock untouched here in SC. Rose wood interior, power windows and doors. I will have pictures when I get home. I am going to call him in the morning and possibly make arrangements to bring it home.