Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

The new Bronco doesn't 100% float my boat... I've been waiting forever for it and it's.... Ok.

Ford should have taken a cue from the guys at 6g. This I would buy in a second....

Concept =/= execution.

They're not trying to appeal to die hard Ford fanatics.

They're trying to steal some of Jeeps momentum.

Although as an early Bronco guy, I like the look of the actual new Bronco a lot better than the pictures Scatch posted above. Those look like a new take on the Bronco 1.5 (aka "full-size Bronco") while the actual new 2-door Bronco looks like a new take on the first Bronco.

Meanwhile, the new 4-door Bronco would look like a new take on a 4-door Bronco if there was a such thing as a 4-door Bronco, and the new Bronco Sport looks like a new take on how to market an Escape. But Ford'll probably sell a lot more of both of those than the 2-door, so if it makes it financially feasible for them to offer the 2-door, I guess I'm OK with it.

And while I can't see myself interested in buying any new vehicle, including the new Bronco, I still think Ford did a great job with this. Of course they weren't going to specifically target people who live for any older version of the Bronco. There's absolutely no way they could've made any significant percentage of us happy. And even if they did, they'd end up selling hundreds of vehicles that way.

Plus, like I said at the start, I think they did appeal to early Bronco enthusiasts a lot more than they did to F-series Bronco enthusiasts. There's a lot of people on the early Bronco forum I'm on that have already reserved their's.

The new Bronco doesn't 100% float my boat... I've been waiting forever for it and it's.... Ok.

Ford should have taken a cue from the guys at 6g. This I would buy in a second....

Concept =/= execution.

Although as an early Bronco guy, I like the look of the actual new Bronco a lot better than the pictures Scatch posted above. Those look like a new take on the Bronco 1.5 (aka "full-size Bronco") while the actual new 2-door Bronco looks like a new take on the first Bronco.

Meanwhile, the new 4-door Bronco would look like a new take on a 4-door Bronco if there was a such thing as a 4-door Bronco, and the new Bronco Sport looks like a new take on how to market an Escape. But Ford'll probably sell a lot more of both of those than the 2-door, so if it makes it financially feasible for them to offer the 2-door, I guess I'm OK with it.

And while I can't see myself interested in buying any new vehicle, including the new Bronco, I still think Ford did a great job with this. Of course they weren't going to specifically target people who live for any older version of the Bronco. There's absolutely no way they could've made any significant percentage of us happy. And even if they did, they'd end up selling hundreds of vehicles that way.

Plus, like I said at the start, I think they did appeal to early Bronco enthusiasts a lot more than they did to F-series Bronco enthusiasts. There's a lot of people on the early Bronco forum I'm on that have already reserved their's.

Ok I like it a lot more now that I have seen videos of it vs the stills. I bet I like it better in person.

I would put down a reservation if Ford would drop some more pricing so we can compare packages. I've got about $12k left to pay off before I'm debt free and would love to have a factory new vehicle as I have never had one before.

Check this link.

https://www.motor1.com/news/435305/ford-bronco-crawler-gear-explained/

Concept =/= execution.

Centurion made 4 door Broncos.

I'm not sure about the EB Bronco.

But if you look at the attention those early Broncos have been getting, and the prices, it's easy to see where Ford is going with this.

Reamer (Ron) said he put his $ down the other day. :nabble_smiley_cool:

But if you look at the attention those early Broncos have been getting, and the prices, it's easy to see where Ford is going with this.

A friend of mine read some intel that ford is going to expand it to go fully toe to toe with jeep and are planning a Bronco pickup to compete with the Wrangler pickup as well as expanding the engine options to match Jeep which means a v8 and a diesel version.

While the engine options will be awesome I don't think they should do a pick up version. I don't thing Fiat-Chrysler sells a lot of the Gladiators. Probably because 1) They're ugly 2) They're ugly 3) Not practical for a crawler and are street queens.

Also just saw the news, they will release more model options in 2022 including the Bronco Raptor. If it mirrors the Ranger Raptor it will have the ecoblue diesel engine. That would be my preferable power train.

Also just saw the news, they will release more model options in 2022 including the Bronco Raptor. If it mirrors the Ranger Raptor it will have the ecoblue diesel engine. That would be my preferable power train.

The other fingers crossed item was I was finally (after 12 years) able to get over my anxiety and file my VA disability paperwork. I was discharged with a reenlistment code of "disabled" due to in service injuries. Going over the paper work with the VFW VSO if I were to max out it would be 140%, which gives me a 40% buffer to hit 100% rating. 12 years of missed disability payments... that would definitely make up for it.

Congrat's! Good diagnostic work. :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks! Now I can move onto the seemingly endless list of things wrong with the truck. Today I came out to the driver's side interior soaked from today's rain. Not sure if it was the sunroof, but I did find that the weather stripping on the cab for the doors is no longer sticking to the cab, so the water may be coming in through there. I'll have to verify next time I know it's going to rain and I can sit in the truck and get wet. :nabble_smiley_argh:

I can't see myself ever forking out Bronco money, but I am interested to see how they fair in today's market, as well as long term.

Thanks! Now I can move onto the seemingly endless list of things wrong with the truck. Today I came out to the driver's side interior soaked from today's rain. Not sure if it was the sunroof, but I did find that the weather stripping on the cab for the doors is no longer sticking to the cab, so the water may be coming in through there. I'll have to verify next time I know it's going to rain and I can sit in the truck and get wet. :nabble_smiley_argh:

Realized the front left sunroof drain was pinched off causing the drain tray to overflow, so I have a vice grip clamped on that to hopefully reform it to it's original round shape. I also replaced the third brake light seal, as that has been leaking for quite some time. I decided to put some of the sound deadening I bought for the F350 in the Ranger, mainly in the areas that had thin sheet metal with some flex. I have a few more things to do in the interior before it can go back together, and then I'll move on to the mechanical maintenance, and then after that she'll get new wheels and tires, a lowering kit, and a few audio mods. And once all of that is done, my attention is going right back to the F350. :nabble_smiley_good:

Centurian converted F-series pickups (and possibly Full Size Broncos) to have 4 doors. But there's some debate about whether Full Size Broncos are actually Broncos anyway :nabble_smiley_evil: let alone whether the third-party modifications were actually Broncos. So I'll stick with my "never was a 4 door Bronco" position.

But again (and as the part of your post that I didn't include in the quote says), I think Ford was aiming at a modern interpretation of the early Bronco, not a modern interpretation of the Full Size Bronco. So even if the Centurian was a true Bronco, the new 4 door isn't an evolution from that vehicle.

There have been a few one-off conversions of early Broncos to 4 doors. But I'm pretty sure there were no mass-produced third-party conversions. And Ford certainly never did it.

(although isn't "EB Bronco" a Full Size Bronco with a tan stripe along the bottom of the body? I don't think there ever was an Eddie Bauer edition of the early Bronco. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Centurian converted F-series pickups (and possibly Full Size Broncos) to have 4 doors. But there's some debate about whether Full Size Broncos are actually Broncos anyway :nabble_smiley_evil: let alone whether the third-party modifications were actually Broncos. So I'll stick with my "never was a 4 door Bronco" position.

But again (and as the part of your post that I didn't include in the quote says), I think Ford was aiming at a modern interpretation of the early Bronco, not a modern interpretation of the Full Size Bronco. So even if the Centurian was a true Bronco, the new 4 door isn't an evolution from that vehicle.

There have been a few one-off conversions of early Broncos to 4 doors. But I'm pretty sure there were no mass-produced third-party conversions. And Ford certainly never did it.

(although isn't "EB Bronco" a Full Size Bronco with a tan stripe along the bottom of the body? I don't think there ever was an Eddie Bauer edition of the early Bronco. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Early Body, not Eddie Bauer.

What is your opinion of the Bronco II?

Bronco, or not Bronco?

Early Body, not Eddie Bauer.

I think that's the first time I've heard "EB" mean "Early Body." I've heard "EB" mean "Early Bronco" (so Broncos (Bronci?) like mine are either "early Broncos" or "EBs" rather than "EB Broncos"). And I've heard it mean "Eddie Bauer" and "Eco-Boost". So in general I'm not a fan of using the initialism "EB" because everyone knows what it means, but we don't all agree.

What is your opinion of the Bronco II?

Bronco, or not Bronco?

You asked for my opinion. Keeping in mind that opinions are like that part of the anatomy that everyone has and it stinks...

To me the early Bronco is the only real Bronco. The Full Size Bronco is a great vehicle, but in my opinion it's not an evolutionary change from the Bronco that preceded it. It's simply an entirely new and different vehicle with the same name. It's sorta like the 1977 - 1989 Honda Odyssey and the 1994 - present Honda Odyssey.

The Bronco II again was a completely different vehicle (from either the early Bronco or the Full Size Bronco) with the same (almost) name. So again, in my opinion it isn't "really" a Bronco. Not saying it isn't a good vehicle. But it's more an Explorer prequel than it is a Bronco sequel.

Having said that, another option is that Ford quit using the name "Bronco" to refer to a vehicle and instead is using it as a brand. Like the "Wrangler" name for Goodyear or the "Cutlass" name for Oldsmobile. In both of those cases the company started with a single product, then added so many variants (all with their own subtitles) that it sort of just became a sub-brand. My opinion again, I'm not a fan of that. It takes a name that had an identity and waters it down. But it's not my job to make money for Ford, so they get to do what they want. And again, I think this will make money for them.