Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

The statement "I have plenty of experience with this vehicle and it's history over the last ten years" is VERY vague as I have worked on many different vehicles in the last ten years (I was 18 years old ten years ago) and many of those vehicles I have worked on for years, and therefore know their history as I'm the "mechanic" that worked on them. The vehicle could be anything, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda, etc; I've touched them all. Haha.

But those who know me, know I grew up around and prefer domestics, and therefore I can assure it is not a foreign vehicle. It also is a running and driving vehicle, so no engine swaps or other drivetrain modifications are planned.

I am going to have to battle to prioritize the F350 over this new vehicle, because that's what happened to the F150; I picked up my Ranger, started putting money and time into that and before I knew it the F150 had sat for almost five years without me touching it. But my plans for this new vehicle are minor compared to my Ranger, so I don't think it will be a major issue.

Oh, ok. I guessed incorrectly. Anyway, waiting patiently to see what it is. :nabble_anim_jump:

Oh, ok. I guessed incorrectly. Anyway, waiting patiently to see what it is. :nabble_anim_jump:

Me too, still trying to find a way to pick it up for this weekend, but it's hard due to the holiday weekend, everybody is using their trailers for their offroad toys. I'm too cheap for Uhaul and I would rather give the money to a friend, I give enough money to uhaultruckpartsonline (u-techcenter) as it is. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Me too, still trying to find a way to pick it up for this weekend, but it's hard due to the holiday weekend, everybody is using their trailers for their offroad toys. I'm too cheap for Uhaul and I would rather give the money to a friend, I give enough money to uhaultruckpartsonline (u-techcenter) as it is. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

You aren't paying them very much. Their prices are a steal!

Wish I was close enough to help with my trailer.

You aren't paying them very much. Their prices are a steal!

And, their shipping costs are more than reasonable! :nabble_smiley_good:

I've spent way more than the cost of a truck and trailer rental with them, that's for sure. Definitely great prices, they're one of my favorite clearance retailers.

I wouldn't put it in a package and take it out for shipping for that, and that doesn't cover the cost of shipping. Yep, less than reasonable. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary,

Will you be buying a Tesla truck if they build the plant in Tulsa?

With all the S models now having a 400 mile range, THAT anxiety seems to have passed.

I love the idea that I'd never have to touch another exhaust system, belt, change oil or coolant, rarely have to replace brakes, ect...

Gary,

With all the S models now having a 400 mile range, THAT anxiety seems to have passed.

I love the idea that I'd never have to touch another exhaust system, belt, change oil or coolant, rarely have to replace brakes, ect...

Wow...ive been super busy. I havent had time to do much online. Thought id drop in and say yes, I am still alive.

....and Jim...I think I will buy an electric truck one day, but I sure as heck aint buying that Ugly tesla truck. I dont get the styling on that one. Rivian looks goodish, still not sold on it.

Gary,

No, I won't. The range still is just not there for what I've done. As I type Blue is in Denver on its way back from Granby, CO to Skiatook with my daughter and family. That's a distance of 775 miles and they are pushing to do it in one day as my SiL has a meeting to attend tomorrow.

There's one Tesla charging station in range from Granby, and that's at 350 miles at Colby. If they have a head wind or are for some reason not getting the 400 mile range, that would be a significant problem. And even if they did make it the charge time is at least an hour.

But there's also the towing issue, which to me is the killer. My brother and I brought Big Blue back from Florida through the night at 75 MPH. With 35 gallons of gas we had a reliable range of 300+ miles, and we pushed it several times with the DTE showing 7 miles once. There's no way we would have wanted to plan our stops to match the limited # of charging stations on that run, nor would we have been willing to wait for an hour while it was charged.

Similarly, when Janey and I pulled the boat to Powell and back we stopped several times each day for gas. And some of those times were in out of the way places, like Page AZ, where there is no charging station.

So while I'm not averse to electric vehicles, I don't see them as a good replacement for a truck for my use - yet.