Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I think we'd all have that in our Google feed given our participation here. 🤔

Not truck related, but at least it's a Ford :nabble_smiley_happy: my "antique" Taurus ate it's AC compressor yesterday. I really hope the local salvage yard still has the collection of 3.8L Taurii. I will probably get a compressor and condenser as I am sure that FS-10 shucked some insides into the condenser. No noise, just some smoke from the right front of the hood, alternator light never came on and steering felt normal. I was sitting in the Hardees drive through behind one who apparently had a group order as it took forever for him to move.

Today I opened the hood, found the belt broken/burned through and everything turning freely except the AC compressor clutch. It may have been the clutch slipping that was smoking as the rubber cushions are melted and the whole thing is stuck.

Changing one of these is loads of fun, fan has to come off, then the compressor comes out from the bottom after disconnecting the lines.

Not truck related, but at least it's a Ford :nabble_smiley_happy: my "antique" Taurus ate it's AC compressor yesterday. I really hope the local salvage yard still has the collection of 3.8L Taurii. I will probably get a compressor and condenser as I am sure that FS-10 shucked some insides into the condenser. No noise, just some smoke from the right front of the hood, alternator light never came on and steering felt normal. I was sitting in the Hardees drive through behind one who apparently had a group order as it took forever for him to move.

Today I opened the hood, found the belt broken/burned through and everything turning freely except the AC compressor clutch. It may have been the clutch slipping that was smoking as the rubber cushions are melted and the whole thing is stuck.

Changing one of these is loads of fun, fan has to come off, then the compressor comes out from the bottom after disconnecting the lines.

Sorry to hear your Taurus spilled its guts Bill. :nabble_smiley_sad: p

If the weather is anything like it is here in Delco you're going to need it.

Sorry to hear your Taurus spilled its guts Bill. :nabble_smiley_sad: p

If the weather is anything like it is here in Delco you're going to need it.

Jim - You did go to see your sister!

Bill - No fun! But, would the shards stop in the condenser? When I went to talk to the guy about the Subie the other day he had an F150 in there w/a brand new FS-10 on it and he showed me the orifice. WOW! it had metal glitter all over it. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Bill - No fun! But, would the shards stop in the condenser? When I went to talk to the guy about the Subie the other day he had an F150 in there w/a brand new FS-10 on it and he showed me the orifice. WOW! it had metal glitter all over it. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Was there a stripper in his truck at some point??? :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary, I told you I was going, and I told you I got 8.6 mpg with 4.10's at 100 (all the way down Jersey, in the wee hours)

I bought a 2 ton engine hoist and saw a refrigerated air drier at the Horrid Fate in Sharon Hill

I knocked 20% (1/2hr) off my usual travel time.

Got there at 6:56

Screenshot_20200627-061210.thumb.png.3128a5953f898016c1fcd1ef8e7b8aa8.png

Was there a stripper in his truck at some point??? :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary, I told you I was going, and I told you I got 8.6 mpg with 4.10's at 100 (all the way down Jersey, in the wee hours)

I bought a 2 ton engine hoist and saw a refrigerated air drier at the Horrid Fate in Sharon Hill

I knocked 20% (1/2hr) off my usual travel time.

Got there at 6:56

Yes, yes, and yes. But I wasn't sure when you were going. Nor that the HF you went to was there.

In any event, hope you can get the work done on your truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, yes, and yes. But I wasn't sure when you were going. Nor that the HF you went to was there.

In any event, hope you can get the work done on your truck. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have to be at work in CT at 6AM Wednesday the 1st, so I'm not getting anything done on my truck.

But at the moment I AM getting stuff done at my sisters.

I needed a little break when i finished those docks.

I hope they did, because the Taurus orifice is an integral part of the liquid line (like the 2005 Dog, er Dodge) I just fought with. It was replaced when the flexible portion developed a leak.

I hope they did, because the Taurus orifice is an integral part of the liquid line (like the 2005 Dog, er Dodge) I just fought with. It was replaced when the flexible portion developed a leak.

Well, the good news is other than the clutch the F450 compressor is the same FS10 as the Taurus. Now comes the question, do I use it and maybe pick up a condenser and liquid line or order everything to replace it new?

Well, the good news is other than the clutch the F450 compressor is the same FS10 as the Taurus. Now comes the question, do I use it and maybe pick up a condenser and liquid line or order everything to replace it new?

Bill - I'd add up the costs and weigh that against how hard it is to get to them. For something like Big Blue where the compressor is at the top and easily gotten to, and to remove the condenser only requires leaning the radiator back. So I'd go with a used compressor. In fact, I am!

But from what you've said about how hard it is on a Taurus, I think I'd seriously consider buying new parts.