Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

They still haven't fixed the sinkholes. They said on the news that the sinkholes were naturally formed, but there's nothing natural about digging a large retention pond and digging trenches for new drainage/water pipes? But what do I know, I'm just a casual observer who watched them four lane that same road and saw all the equipment they used to manipulate the ground where the sinkholes opened up. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

They have been 'naturally formed' for eons, in limestone and marl and whatever it is you call the solid ground down there.

That doesn't exclude man's intervention from accelerating that process....

They still haven't fixed the sinkholes. They said on the news that the sinkholes were naturally formed,....

So since they were naturally formed does that mean they're waiting for nature to fix them?

I'm sure they're scratching their heads trying to figure out how this could have happened because when they dug those holes they did the bestest job they could to fill them back in. The amount of surprise that people have when a sinkhole opens up here is astonishing. As Jim said, Florida is full of underground caverns. The fact that there's thousands of lakes in this area is proof of that, and yet people think the ground here is solid all the way to earth's core.

I'm sure they're scratching their heads trying to figure out how this could have happened because when they dug those holes they did the bestest job they could to fill them back in. The amount of surprise that people have when a sinkhole opens up here is astonishing. As Jim said, Florida is full of underground caverns. The fact that there's thousands of lakes in this area is proof of that, and yet people think the ground here is solid all the way to earth's core.

Isnt most of florida formed from a base of ancient coral reefs or something like that? I prefer my 500-800ft above sea level....although Kentucky does have the nations largest cave system....and the corvette museam recently had a sink hole problem...lol

Isnt most of florida formed from a base of ancient coral reefs or something like that? I prefer my 500-800ft above sea level....although Kentucky does have the nations largest cave system....and the corvette museam recently had a sink hole problem...lol

Read an article the other day about sinkholes in a subdivision in South Dakota. They realized there was a large abandoned mine under the neighborhood.

There's a ton of mining that goes on here in Florida too. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Read an article the other day about sinkholes in a subdivision in South Dakota. They realized there was a large abandoned mine under the neighborhood.

There's a ton of mining that goes on here in Florida too. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Lots of phosphate strip mining.

Calcium phosphate is bone

Lots of phosphate strip mining.

Calcium phosphate is bone

Yep, there's alot of old limestone quarries not far from where I'm at as well. One of them was a spot I remember very well as we were out there offroading/partying every other weekend. Couple cliff-diving kids ruined it when they were injured. Place was chained up tight after that.

Yep, there's alot of old limestone quarries not far from where I'm at as well. One of them was a spot I remember very well as we were out there offroading/partying every other weekend. Couple cliff-diving kids ruined it when they were injured. Place was chained up tight after that.

We used to have a place like that.

'The Sand Pits' where there were a lot of ponds with sandy bottoms and broken down, rusted out drag shovels.

We would go up there skinny dipping, dirt bike riding and have keggers all the time.

Until some BS went down with non-regulars lighting off dynamite in the ponds and dunes.

Ruined it for everyone.

We used to have a place like that.

'The Sand Pits' where there were a lot of ponds with sandy bottoms and broken down, rusted out drag shovels.

We would go up there skinny dipping, dirt bike riding and have keggers all the time.

Until some BS went down with non-regulars lighting off dynamite in the ponds and dunes.

Ruined it for everyone.

IDK if anyone else has seen this but from this angle the new Bronco looks like it has a 90's era front end coupled with a 60's era back end.

bronc.png.43bb5d0e6d64f461810992c69238f7f8.png