Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Spent a whole day getting poked and prodded by doctors. No UTI, no kidney stones, no prostate cancer, no hernia. Have to wait till the 15th for the next round of testing.

Came home and started putting in a french drain down along our pear trees. Our neighbor tilled and leveled his yard and now all his runoff is ruining mine. Lots of school work to do but I have been hit by the bug again. I cannot wait for August so I can get back to working on the truck. I bought a needle scaler to try out on the frame.

Wife has me also doing the house renovation. She didn't like the half wall sheetrock banister they put in the house so that got ripped out. Put my router and wood tools to work and built a newel post and handrail for it at vastly cheaper prices, and higher quality than buying it. We did buy the balusters though.

Sorry to hear you're ailing.

I had an excruciating pain in my kidney a couple of months back.

Lots of contrast views and a full workup.

No positive results.

I got dosed with narcotics and turned out.

Took a couple of weeks before it didn't hurt.

Spent a whole day getting poked and prodded by doctors. No UTI, no kidney stones, no prostate cancer, no hernia. Have to wait till the 15th for the next round of testing.

Came home and started putting in a french drain down along our pear trees. Our neighbor tilled and leveled his yard and now all his runoff is ruining mine. Lots of school work to do but I have been hit by the bug again. I cannot wait for August so I can get back to working on the truck. I bought a needle scaler to try out on the frame.

Wife has me also doing the house renovation. She didn't like the half wall sheetrock banister they put in the house so that got ripped out. Put my router and wood tools to work and built a newel post and handrail for it at vastly cheaper prices, and higher quality than buying it. We did buy the balusters though.

No fun! I hope all the tests turn up nothing and you are healthy! But look like you are getting a lot done at the house. :nabble_smiley_good:

That’s a good buy if just to part out - assuming the rest of it look like that.

My thoughts exactly I could leave the cab on mine and then replace the bed fenders and everything else from this truck onto it.

My thoughts exactly I could leave the cab on mine and then replace the bed fenders and everything else from this truck onto it.

Welcome to Florida, where they manipulate the fragile swamp land so much that Mother Nature is forced to fight back and put her land back to it's original state.

This was my way to and from work, key word "was". Heavy rains from Tropical Storm Cristobal caused this sinkhole, and another one about a mile away. I headed to work Sunday morning to find the whole road shut down at 6:30 am. About an hour prior a 60 year old man passed through the area and did not see the traffic signal lines down on the road. They lifted his car and flipped it like a pancake. Both sinkholes happened where the land was altered about two years ago when they widened the road to four lanes.

AR-200608304.jpg.cfe68919d73c3ddb31b323567319017d.jpg

Welcome to Florida, where they manipulate the fragile swamp land so much that Mother Nature is forced to fight back and put her land back to it's original state.

This was my way to and from work, key word "was". Heavy rains from Tropical Storm Cristobal caused this sinkhole, and another one about a mile away. I headed to work Sunday morning to find the whole road shut down at 6:30 am. About an hour prior a 60 year old man passed through the area and did not see the traffic signal lines down on the road. They lifted his car and flipped it like a pancake. Both sinkholes happened where the land was altered about two years ago when they widened the road to four lanes.

Yipes! That could cause some serious problems. :nabble_smiley_scared:

They're throwing concrete construction debris and fresh concrete in it to fill it. Ocala is very prone to sinkholes due to it's geographical location (over the acquifer) and constantly messing with the roads and stressing the land to build new things like retention ponds doesn't help. :nabble_anim_crazy:

They're throwing concrete construction debris and fresh concrete in it to fill it. Ocala is very prone to sinkholes due to it's geographical location (over the acquifer) and constantly messing with the roads and stressing the land to build new things like retention ponds doesn't help. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Wow!

Wow!

Florida is basically the remains of a coral reef.

There's not much bedrock and the whole thing is porous.

I remember that acid rain was a big issue (back in the day) because it would dissolve the 'ground' right out from under places, as the aquifer was pumped. dissolved calcium carbonate would be pulled out and the replenishing ground water would not be buffered -basic- by those ions.

I can also envision that rising CO2 levels are going to start eating away at the edges as seawater diffuses from the coasts.