Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

So, no one had anything to say about Dragon's autonomous docking or that we have new crew aboard ISS?

Yay, team?

The autonomous docking was nice, and very smoothly done. But it's been done before...the big deal was the launch, and having it done by a commercial provider. Watching the sixty-somethingth crew rotation in the last 20 years is not nearly that interesting. :nabble_smiley_happy:

But it's new for NASA to have a crewed vehicle do it.

The shuttle could land itself, but they wanted a pilot in the seat.

Of course Soyuz does it all the time.

The Russians are far more pragmatic

But it's new for NASA to have a crewed vehicle do it.

The shuttle could land itself, but they wanted a pilot in the seat.

Of course Soyuz does it all the time.

The Russians are far more pragmatic

Technically, NASA has nothing...Elon, on the other hand, has a fancy robo-capsule. In fact, he’s got the best space program in the world.

Technically, NASA has nothing...Elon, on the other hand, has a fancy robo-capsule. In fact, he’s got the best space program in the world.

ATM, I'm still waiting for Bezos and Blue Origin to blindside them.

But New Glenn and New Shepard seem a distant dream at this point.

ATM, I'm still waiting for Bezos and Blue Origin to blindside them.

But New Glenn and New Shepard seem a distant dream at this point.

I used to think the same...but Bezos is in no hurry. That's not bad in and of itself, but Musk is working on his third generation (or fourth, depending on how you count Falcon Heavy) and may well be on the Moon before Bezos makes orbit. There are other fast-moving startups out there as well, Bezos may find there's nothing left for him.

I used to think the same...but Bezos is in no hurry. That's not bad in and of itself, but Musk is working on his third generation (or fourth, depending on how you count Falcon Heavy) and may well be on the Moon before Bezos makes orbit. There are other fast-moving startups out there as well, Bezos may find there's nothing left for him.

While that's true, he's a cunning individual.

He's not reckless, and he will NOT make mistakes.

ULA and Boeing are dead.

A legacy that has no place in the 2020's

While that's true, he's a cunning individual.

He's not reckless, and he will NOT make mistakes.

ULA and Boeing are dead.

A legacy that has no place in the 2020's

Well the downturn of the economy due to Covid-19 has hit home, as my mom was laid off from her job today due to low work volume. She just started there less than a year ago after being let go from her job of 30 years. We were hoping she would work there until retirement age in a few years, but it looks like she will have to try again for another job. Meanwhile I'll be putting all of my extras on hold while I take care of her bills. Thankfully she's taking it well as she expected this to happen due to the low volume.

Well the downturn of the economy due to Covid-19 has hit home, as my mom was laid off from her job today due to low work volume. She just started there less than a year ago after being let go from her job of 30 years. We were hoping she would work there until retirement age in a few years, but it looks like she will have to try again for another job. Meanwhile I'll be putting all of my extras on hold while I take care of her bills. Thankfully she's taking it well as she expected this to happen due to the low volume.

Sorry to see that, Shaun. But I'll bet she sure appreciates you. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Sorry to see that, Shaun. But I'll bet she sure appreciates you. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks Gary. My mom raised me basically by herself with very little help from family so it's the least I can do for her.

Shaun, thats the good stuff right there..bud. Always love ur mama.

Remember, in any economic downturn, there are opportunities for fortunes to be made, for those who were expecting the downturn.

Shaun, thats the good stuff right there..bud. Always love ur mama.

Remember, in any economic downturn, there are opportunities for fortunes to be made, for those who were expecting the downturn.

That’s the way to do it Shaun!:nabble_smiley_good:

Edit: clarification