Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Two pork processing plants near here had Covid outbreaks and shut down (a month or so ago now, I think they're both back open now). But pig farmers were having to euthanize their pigs. Pigs grow fast, and the processing plants can't handle anything bigger than 200 or 300 lbs (I forget the number they gave). So if you were able to come pick up a pig you could get one for free. (Lesley wanted to adopt one, but I nixed that idea!)

Yup

That's the way it is with factory farming.....

You've got another generation growing. It's not like you can stop them.

And you can't afford to keep feeding them

And you have no place for them, because there is always more on the way.

Call it inertia... like a freight train.

If you want to put the brakes on, you've got to start slowing from behind.

Yup

That's the way it is with factory farming.....

You've got another generation growing. It's not like you can stop them.

And you can't afford to keep feeding them

And you have no place for them, because there is always more on the way.

Call it inertia... like a freight train.

If you want to put the brakes on, you've got to start slowing from behind.

Jim, we have 3 chicken plants here, Perdue, Tyson and Mountair farms. If you look at the Wuhan Flu charts for VA, Accomack County is where Perdue and Tyson are, Mountair is in MD.

Bill

Jim, we have 3 chicken plants here, Perdue, Tyson and Mountair farms. If you look at the Wuhan Flu charts for VA, Accomack County is where Perdue and Tyson are, Mountair is in MD.

Bill

For those of you into such things, SpaceX will be launching their first crew at 4:33pm ET today. Live coverage is already underway:

For those of you into such things, SpaceX will be launching their first crew at 4:33pm ET today. Live coverage is already underway:

I've been streaming the mission control audio since it went live.

I'll switch over to the actual Spacex-X crew demo2 stream once it gets close.

Still not the same as watching from the causeway in Cocoa.

For those with Windows you might want to watch (compare & contrast) the NASA stream to SpaceX

I've been streaming the mission control audio since it went live.

I'll switch over to the actual Spacex-X crew demo2 stream once it gets close.

Still not the same as watching from the causeway in Cocoa.

For those with Windows you might want to watch (compare & contrast) the NASA stream to SpaceX

Best launch I ever saw was STS-36 (Atlantis) in 1990...it was a classified military flight so everything was closed off. We climbed a tree in a swamp on the mainland, we had the best seat in the house!

Best launch I ever saw was STS-36 (Atlantis) in 1990...it was a classified military flight so everything was closed off. We climbed a tree in a swamp on the mainland, we had the best seat in the house!

I love how you can really feel it in your chest when you're close!

Like being trackside at the 60' line for a Top Fuel race... except it goes on and on.

Like being trackside at the 60' line for a Top Fuel race... except it goes on and on.

Haven't been there, but was at our little strip when Art brought the Green Monster, although I don't remember which. But the blast from that exhaust was awesome!

Tying in Bills post, we used to launch from the Higgs farm in Price,MD and I've been to Wallops to see a NASA resupply mission launch.