Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

My parents had a guest for breakfast this morning. Last year's cub by the size of him. Cleaned out the peanuts in the bird feeder.

At that stage they looks so CUTE! But boy, can they be dangerous. Glad your parents were inside looking out.

At that stage they looks so CUTE! But boy, can they be dangerous. Glad your parents were inside looking out.

Gary,

Bears...and all critters really, are a bit of a problem here, depending on where you live. Not sure what you guys do, but we have a fairly strict recycling program here where we have to sort all of our garbage before it is picked up (We even have to use clear bags, so we can't cheat lol). Anyway, part of this is that we have these large green bins for food/compost waste, and of course it is very attractive to bears and raccoons, etc.

Every now and then our green bin gets knocked over and pulled apart...depends on what is in it, I guess...lol.

Gary,

Bears...and all critters really, are a bit of a problem here, depending on where you live. Not sure what you guys do, but we have a fairly strict recycling program here where we have to sort all of our garbage before it is picked up (We even have to use clear bags, so we can't cheat lol). Anyway, part of this is that we have these large green bins for food/compost waste, and of course it is very attractive to bears and raccoons, etc.

Every now and then our green bin gets knocked over and pulled apart...depends on what is in it, I guess...lol.

Recycling here in rural Okiehoma is only for things like cardboard and plastic, and even that is voluntary. We don't recycle foodstuffs. So other than a place to live critters don't seem to care about our recycling.

• 2 weeks later...

Recycling here in rural Okiehoma is only for things like cardboard and plastic, and even that is voluntary. We don't recycle foodstuffs. So other than a place to live critters don't seem to care about our recycling.

Changing the subject... I helped clean out a house and am now the owner of a couple of boxes of old vinyl records [78s]. One box has ~60 Edison [thick] records. They are individually wrapped in 1950s newspapers.

Can anyone suggest what to do with these?

Thanks!

Changing the subject... I helped clean out a house and am now the owner of a couple of boxes of old vinyl records [78s]. One box has ~60 Edison [thick] records. They are individually wrapped in 1950s newspapers.

Can anyone suggest what to do with these?

Thanks!

Surely those are worth something. But in my searching I found this on Goldmine:

Unfortunately, Edison records are hit-and-miss with respect to collector interest. Most seem to sell for $1 to $3 each, but there are some scattered among them that are more valuable.

There are copies of Harvey Hindermyer’s “Longing for My Dixie Home”/”Hush a Bye Ma Baby” (Edison 80379) online for $5 and under.

You can find copies of the New York Military Band’s “American Patrol”/”Boston Commandery March” (Edison 50145) online for $5 to $8. Essentially, these two singles are not collectible though.

[Note: The last Edison discs were produced at the end of 1929. According to Goldmine writer Dave Thompson in his article, “Collecting Edison discs proves to be an addictive hobby“ (www.goldminemag.com/articles/collecting-edison-discs-proves-addictive-hobby): “If you really want to get archaeological about it, the very first recorded mention of the word “jazz” came courtesy of an Edison disc, a 1916 effort by baritone Arthur F. Collins and tenor Byron G. Harlan, “That Funny Jas Band From Dixieland.”]

— Frank Daniels, Goldmine Contributor

Also, I noted that someone purporting to be "A.P. Sheffield" wrote in via Facebook. Initially thought it was you, but then remembered you don't do FB. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Surely those are worth something. But in my searching I found this on Goldmine:

Unfortunately, Edison records are hit-and-miss with respect to collector interest. Most seem to sell for $1 to $3 each, but there are some scattered among them that are more valuable.

There are copies of Harvey Hindermyer’s “Longing for My Dixie Home”/”Hush a Bye Ma Baby” (Edison 80379) online for $5 and under.

You can find copies of the New York Military Band’s “American Patrol”/”Boston Commandery March” (Edison 50145) online for $5 to $8. Essentially, these two singles are not collectible though.

[Note: The last Edison discs were produced at the end of 1929. According to Goldmine writer Dave Thompson in his article, “Collecting Edison discs proves to be an addictive hobby“ (www.goldminemag.com/articles/collecting-edison-discs-proves-addictive-hobby): “If you really want to get archaeological about it, the very first recorded mention of the word “jazz” came courtesy of an Edison disc, a 1916 effort by baritone Arthur F. Collins and tenor Byron G. Harlan, “That Funny Jas Band From Dixieland.”]

— Frank Daniels, Goldmine Contributor

Also, I noted that someone purporting to be "A.P. Sheffield" wrote in via Facebook. Initially thought it was you, but then remembered you don't do FB. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Has anybody else noticed that the 2021 F-150 emblems look very similar to the 87-91 Bricknose emblems?

Has anybody else noticed that the 2021 F-150 emblems look very similar to the 87-91 Bricknose emblems?

After the weekly trash run got with a friend and his 66 Mustang and went to a Cars & Coffee a few towns over.

Got there late with an hour to go, hardly got out of the truck and guys were around the truck.

I got to say the red & white make the truck pop and stand out!

There was another show down the road but did not start for 2 hours (1pm) and it was already low 90's so went home.

Wife wanted to hit a burger joint so we took the truck.

When we were eating someone came in and asked (I could not hear but you can tell) someone at the counter next to them if they owned the red & white truck parked in the lot.

They pointed to a red ford and he then looked around and I just nodded LOL

He came over and we talked for a little till his food was ready.

As the wife & I ate I saw there was a small car show in the parking lot across from us so when done I had to swing by and take a look. There was maybe 10 cars but it was also early.

1 of the people there I talked to at another show a few weeks ago, small world!

Next show is in 2 weeks and 2 of them, early and late and if not to hot may try to make both.

Dave ----

After the weekly trash run got with a friend and his 66 Mustang and went to a Cars & Coffee a few towns over.

Got there late with an hour to go, hardly got out of the truck and guys were around the truck.

I got to say the red & white make the truck pop and stand out!

There was another show down the road but did not start for 2 hours (1pm) and it was already low 90's so went home.

Wife wanted to hit a burger joint so we took the truck.

When we were eating someone came in and asked (I could not hear but you can tell) someone at the counter next to them if they owned the red & white truck parked in the lot.

They pointed to a red ford and he then looked around and I just nodded LOL

He came over and we talked for a little till his food was ready.

As the wife & I ate I saw there was a small car show in the parking lot across from us so when done I had to swing by and take a look. There was maybe 10 cars but it was also early.

1 of the people there I talked to at another show a few weeks ago, small world!

Next show is in 2 weeks and 2 of them, early and late and if not to hot may try to make both.

Dave ----

Cool! I'm hearing that car shows are getting far more participants than they ever have in the past. But I'll bet you win a few categories. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Cool! I'm hearing that car shows are getting far more participants than they ever have in the past. But I'll bet you win a few categories. :nabble_smiley_wink:

After being locked down for a year, and all that time to work on our cars & trucks that we did not have before they are starting to show up :nabble_anim_claps:

I know all the shows around here were stopped and I just got my truck on the road so I am trying to hit as many as I can. Not really to show off the truck but to see what others have to show.

When I say "shows" most are cars & coffee, just car people getting together to see each others cars & truck so nothing handed out and that is ok with me, I did not build my truck to show but to drive & use when needed.

I have not seen a lot of trucks at any of the gatherings.

I was the only one at the C&C, but did get there late, and at the other after dinner show there was a late 50's step side nicely done and a mid 80's that looked to be rebuild as it was to clean not to be.

Dave ----

After being locked down for a year, and all that time to work on our cars & trucks that we did not have before they are starting to show up :nabble_anim_claps:

I know all the shows around here were stopped and I just got my truck on the road so I am trying to hit as many as I can. Not really to show off the truck but to see what others have to show.

When I say "shows" most are cars & coffee, just car people getting together to see each others cars & truck so nothing handed out and that is ok with me, I did not build my truck to show but to drive & use when needed.

I have not seen a lot of trucks at any of the gatherings.

I was the only one at the C&C, but did get there late, and at the other after dinner show there was a late 50's step side nicely done and a mid 80's that looked to be rebuild as it was to clean not to be.

Dave ----

They had a car show in Tulsa yesterday and on the news they said the turnout was the best they've ever seen. As you said, people have had plenty of time to work on them so they are getting them out to drive - and show.

And you are right, trucks don't seem to be plentiful at the shows. The show last weekend 10 miles away was called Hogs & Hot Rods. Yesterday's show was Heros & Hot Rods. Doesn't seem like they want a truck.

But, in September we'll have nothing but trucks to make up for it! :nabble_anim_jump: