Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

SOOOOO..... I have located a 1984 Bronco 4x4 XLT, its two tone tan it appears to be relatively rust free, 4speed manual transmission and 351w HO engine, completely stock untouched here in SC. Rose wood interior, power windows and doors. I will have pictures when I get home. I am going to call him in the morning and possibly make arrangements to bring it home.

That's exciting Danny!

I hope it lives up to its tout.

Good luck. :nabble_smiley_good:

he posted pictures on the craigslist ad. Obviously it needs some love but overall doesnt look bad so far.

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/bar/d/myrtle-beach-1984-ford-bronco-xlt/7220767825.html

Things I can see.(I obviously mis remembered the paint colors lol I think the top threw me off)

Power windows

Power locks

Lower exterior trim

Cruise control

AC

Rosewood door panels

The floor is bare, so any rust issues would more visible.

Running Boards

Upgraded bumpers

Paint looks pretty good

interior is a bit chalky, needs some work but is doable.

Things I can see.(I obviously mis remembered the paint colors lol I think the top threw me off)

Power windows

Power locks

Lower exterior trim

Cruise control

AC

Rosewood door panels

The floor is bare, so any rust issues would more visible.

Running Boards

Upgraded bumpers

Paint looks pretty good

interior is a bit chalky, needs some work but is doable.

It looks good, Danny. And well worth the price if it drives. The manual transmission is a big plus in my book. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hopefully it pans out! Love the look of those door panels with the power bezels.

Im going to see him on Sunday.

According to him the truck is solid. He drives it frequently. The only issue is the brakes are a bit squishy and need to be bled.

Im going to see him on Sunday.

According to him the truck is solid. He drives it frequently. The only issue is the brakes are a bit squishy and need to be bled.

OK it has a 9 inch rear.

He also gave me the vin 1FMEU15G2ELA22640

Does not appear to have any accidents associated with that vin.

OK it has a 9 inch rear.

He also gave me the vin 1FMEU15G2ELA22640

Does not appear to have any accidents associated with that vin.

That's good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Much better than the dealer shared photos of the burgundy Flex with Bill Voss a page or so up thread. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Check the rubber lines for expansion and cracks while someone else pushes the pedal.

This is often a contributor to a soft pedal, and no amount of bleeding will fix old rubber.

Brake issues are usually worth doing everything once, so you have a good baseline and know it is safe.

Of course you don't see the road salt we do up here, but I've recently changed my hoses, rear brake lines, shoes, wheel cylinders, parking brake & drum hardware, pads, sliders and Z springs.

That's good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Much better than the dealer shared photos of the burgundy Flex with Bill Voss a page or so up thread. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Check the rubber lines for expansion and cracks while someone else pushes the pedal.

This is often a contributor to a soft pedal, and no amount of bleeding will fix old rubber.

Brake issues are usually worth doing everything once, so you have a good baseline and know it is safe.

Of course you don't see the road salt we do up here, but I've recently changed my hoses, rear brake lines, shoes, wheel cylinders, parking brake & drum hardware, pads, sliders and Z springs.

And a tach.! Looks good.