Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Problem here is Amazon does not do deliveries in this area, and probably never will as we are Virginia's Appendix. No land connection to the rest of Virginia.

That doesn't mean that Delmarva is unimportant to Amazon, Bill.

It just means that they are better served by covering denser population areas first.

My sister lives in Swarthmore, PA. (Philly suburbs)

I can order at noon and get many items by dark.

Being a peninsula and having high tolls means it's very time and cost intensive to serve.

If they had a small hub and fleet stationed there it could be served by a few semis a day.

Ray could better explain sorting and route algorithms.

But I don't know the CBA on satellite hubs, or if they'd find it worthwhile to operate at a loss for market share and metrics.

That doesn't mean that Delmarva is unimportant to Amazon, Bill.

It just means that they are better served by covering denser population areas first.

My sister lives in Swarthmore, PA. (Philly suburbs)

I can order at noon and get many items by dark.

Being a peninsula and having high tolls means it's very time and cost intensive to serve.

If they had a small hub and fleet stationed there it could be served by a few semis a day.

Ray could better explain sorting and route algorithms.

But I don't know the CBA on satellite hubs, or if they'd find it worthwhile to operate at a loss for market share and metrics.

Jim, I know, its dangerous. Its all part of my strategy. The monster will grow regardless of my involvement. So I stay involved. I profit. 3 years ago I was broke. I have multiplied my wealth exponentially since getting involved with material handling. Once the house is paid for...likely 2 years away....I am selling. Moving to a rural area. Paying cash for a nice small house on 30 acres. Then I am going to work for myself. I will begin fading into the shadows, and the big brother will not have much on me. Im using big brother and amazon as a sling shot. I suggest yall do something drastic as well. A time is coming in my lifetime when it will all coming crashing down. Better be debt free and able to feed and protect yourself. Big government, politicians, juggernaut corps will have a day when we the people have had enough.

This guy gets it.

Not everyone will realize what is going on. We cannot keep going forward forever as though infinite economic growth is possible. Civilizations rise and fall. The west as we know it will fail too. It will evolve. I plan to watch comfortably from a distance.

Also, im building a Catamaran once the time comes. Im sailing the globe. I can spend a long time hiding in the Pacific.

This guy gets it.

Not everyone will realize what is going on. We cannot keep going forward forever as though infinite economic growth is possible. Civilizations rise and fall. The west as we know it will fail too. It will evolve. I plan to watch comfortably from a distance.

Also, im building a Catamaran once the time comes. Im sailing the globe. I can spend a long time hiding in the Pacific.

New addition! My right knee was protesting the push mower!

22D8B10E-CAF6-498F-99B5-E8DF3739260F.jpeg.5605d44a096950f6cf5917726d865a2d.jpeg

Sailing away from the troubles of the world? Sounds like a Matt Bracken fan to me! :nabble_smiley_happy:

This guy gets it.

Might be easier said than done.

A) How much Bluewater sailing experience do you have?

B) You're likely a tiny part of a diaspora that has the same plans.

C) You have to get yourself, your boat and your family there, first.

D) I thought pirates were a problem in the keys in 1980, it's going to be a drop in the bucket.

E) There is VERY little hiding where there's NO cover. Satellites, drones and synthetic aperture radar not to mention hydrophones and magnetic detection are constantly scanning the oceans looking for smugglers, pirates and sanction skirters.

Might be easier said than done.

A) How much Bluewater sailing experience do you have?

B) You're likely a tiny part of a diaspora that has the same plans.

C) You have to get yourself, your boat and your family there, first.

D) I thought pirates were a problem in the keys in 1980, it's going to be a drop in the bucket.

E) There is VERY little hiding where there's NO cover. Satellites, drones and synthetic aperture radar not to mention hydrophones and magnetic detection are constantly scanning the oceans looking for smugglers, pirates and sanction skirters.

Aaaaaaaand, Wal-Mart is shutting down e-commerce brand Jet, after spending $3.3B to purchase just a few years ago.

It's not often the Waltons back down after picking up the gauntlet.

I'm sure a whole bunch of actuaries and algorithms contributed to this decision.

Absorbing it into Wal-Mart is likely going to mean it will only sell products already in its own supply chain.