Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Am I the only one that is having a tough time unloading on their parts wishlist? I got about $1200 worth of crap sitting in my cart that's just begging for an excuse for me to press "checkout"....

I'm trying to be careful with my spending, but it isn't working very well. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm trying to be careful with my spending, but it isn't working very well. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm really busted right now.

With the Covid most of my interior jobs have cancelled out of an abundance of caution (and I can't blame them)

But I have been spending money I don't have on things like a new windshield, welding gas, body supplies, little things that add up.

My wishlist usually gets pecked away at until I have everything (I think) I need for a project.

But around then life gets in the way and I have to put it off. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Never fails.

With the Covid most of my interior jobs have cancelled out of an abundance of caution (and I can't blame them)

But I have been spending money I don't have on things like a new windshield, welding gas, body supplies, little things that add up.

My wishlist usually gets pecked away at until I have everything (I think) I need for a project.

But around then life gets in the way and I have to put it off. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Never fails.

See, I can post in here right now.

Never fails.

Jim - Sorry to see that. It is going to be a tough time for a whole lot of people.

As for the newbie, apparently he can't follow directions. :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, Mr Allan, what notification did you get that said you could post? (I probably have another email about this that I've not gotten to yet.)

Jim - Sorry to see that. It is going to be a tough time for a whole lot of people.

As for the newbie, apparently he can't follow directions. :nabble_smiley_evil:

So, Mr Allan, what notification did you get that said you could post? (I probably have another email about this that I've not gotten to yet.)

I got it after I had clicked on the link, then decided for the purpose of this test to try to post somewhere in the forums. Since it let me it tells me that there is not a block on posting anywhere in the forums once the membership has been approved.

I got it after I had clicked on the link, then decided for the purpose of this test to try to post somewhere in the forums. Since it let me it tells me that there is not a block on posting anywhere in the forums once the membership has been approved.

Bill - You said "I got it after I had clicked on the link". But did you get a notification that you could post? Or Jim's email? Or something else?

Bill - You said "I got it after I had clicked on the link". But did you get a notification that you could post? Or Jim's email? Or something else?

I never received anything other than the two I sent to all the admins. I went to (a) see how much of the forum I could access and (b) see if I could post anywhere, I almost put something in the BB thread, but figured the lounge would be a good test.

I never received anything other than the two I sent to all the admins. I went to (a) see how much of the forum I could access and (b) see if I could post anywhere, I almost put something in the BB thread, but figured the lounge would be a good test.
Ok. Got it. I think this was the process:
  1. You requested membership
  2. You got an email saying "Dear User, Thank you for registering with Bullnose Enthusiasts. Please click on the confirmation link below to activate your account." And as soon as you did that you were able to post. (This was triggered by Jim approving your membership.)
  3. You then got an email from Jim saying "Welcome to the Bullnose Forum! Please read guidelines, below my signature...." And that was something that Jim sent you after he approved your membership.

If that's correct, then I see why Paul and others have been confused. They get approved and can post, and later they get an email that they may or may not see with additional instructions.

Obviously we need to move the instructions into the automated message than comes when we approve the membership and discontinue the extra email we've been sending.