Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I fed three of us from an 8x12 raised bed.

The house leaders were fed to under it.

I composted.

It got a tent of 6 mil plastic when it first started snowing.

I started seeds directly in the ground come March.

Had to open it up on sunny days to keep the heat and humidity down.

I didn't work at it at all.

Definitely save seeds each year from the most successful plants, and grew marigolds between rows.

Merigolds are a nice trick. My grand mother taught me that one.

Basically, Ruth Stout was a hilarious old lady, Jim you'd love her. I kinf of discovered her methods on my own, and then was researching about it and found she was sort of the pioneer of the idea. Basically, you dont water, till, weed, dig, spray. All you do is lay grass clippings down. Keep adding them. She used mostly Hay and Straw but grass clippi gs work too. The mulch retains soil moisture, gives worms food, creates habitat for predator insects that kill pest insects, it decomposes adding soil health. All you do to plant is pull back a small hole in the mulch, place a couple seeds and let them sit ontop of the soil. Cover with mulch and everything will grow through it.

Basically, Ruth Stout was a hilarious old lady, Jim you'd love her. I kinf of discovered her methods on my own, and then was researching about it and found she was sort of the pioneer of the idea. Basically, you dont water, till, weed, dig, spray. All you do is lay grass clippings down. Keep adding them. She used mostly Hay and Straw but grass clippi gs work too. The mulch retains soil moisture, gives worms food, creates habitat for predator insects that kill pest insects, it decomposes adding soil health. All you do to plant is pull back a small hole in the mulch, place a couple seeds and let them sit ontop of the soil. Cover with mulch and everything will grow through it.

I would deadhead the marigolds and save seeds.

I had a whole pail full that I gave my sister when I moved, after the divorce.

Clipping the heads off means you always have flowers

And flowers attract pollinators, while also giving those 'good' insects food.

Look pretty too...

Being related to crysanthemums (sp) they produce natural insecticides (*pyrethrin) and grow thick enough to shade out most weeds.

I would pull weeds that grew above them, but I didn't mind having enough crop to share nutrients.

*eta name of compound

Life's lessons keep popping up in displays of parallel evolution.

If you have some room, three sisters and a fish head was something my grandfather would do.

Corn, beans and squash are all tasty, while the legume (and its root bacteria) will fix nitrogen in the soil.

Life's lessons keep popping up in displays of parallel evolution.

If you have some room, three sisters and a fish head was something my grandfather would do.

Corn, beans and squash are all tasty, while the legume (and its root bacteria) will fix nitrogen in the soil.

I'm not sure how many county music fans we have here, but SARS-CoV-2 took Joe Diffie from us today at the age of 61. Normally famous people passing away doesn't bother me, but Joe Diffie's songs were a huge part of my childhood. When I think neotraditionalist country, I think Joe Diffie. He was a legend, and will always be one of my favorite artists.

I'm not sure how many county music fans we have here, but SARS-CoV-2 took Joe Diffie from us today at the age of 61. Normally famous people passing away doesn't bother me, but Joe Diffie's songs were a huge part of my childhood. When I think neotraditionalist country, I think Joe Diffie. He was a legend, and will always be one of my favorite artists.

That’s too bad, lost Curly Neal the other day. Long time Harlem Globetrotter great.

Watched him in my hometown when I was a kid.

That’s too bad, lost Curly Neal the other day. Long time Harlem Globetrotter great.

Watched him in my hometown when I was a kid.

It really is sad haw many greats in the world of music and film we have lost. I also don't see any body that at this time who may fill their shoes, as the George Jones song goes.

Huge fan of Joe, gonna have to "prop him up against the juke box".

Stay safe everyone

I still dont know anyone who has tested positive for corona virus. Only 2 confirmed cases in my county.

I don't know anyone that has tested positive, yet. But I'm sure it will happen. We have at least one person in our little town that has it. And I know people who worked with someone who go it, so....

And I don't know anyone that died from it. But, I know someone that knew someone that died. He saw the guy at work 16 days before he died, and he looked perfectly healthy.

I don't know anyone that has tested positive, yet. But I'm sure it will happen. We have at least one person in our little town that has it. And I know people who worked with someone who go it, so....

And I don't know anyone that died from it. But, I know someone that knew someone that died. He saw the guy at work 16 days before he died, and he looked perfectly healthy.

My nephew, who is a physician, has had it. He is young and the symptoms were not too bad. He was quarantined at his home.