Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Thank you all, we knew this day would come, so that is why we have a pair of year old Pyrenees pups. They are becoming good friends also, but cannot replace the one we lost....

We got a new pup right away after losing each of our last two dogs. My kids thought it seemed wrong that we were "replacing" a dog so soon. I said that we could never replace Casey or Shadow, but that we had got Kirby, and then Kenzie, so they could make and fill new places.

Thank you all, we knew this day would come, so that is why we have a pair of year old Pyrenees pups. They are becoming good friends also, but cannot replace the one we lost....

We got a new pup right away after losing each of our last two dogs. My kids thought it seemed wrong that we were "replacing" a dog so soon. I said that we could never replace Casey or Shadow, but that we had got Kirby, and then Kenzie, so they could make and fill new places.

I think this truck is missing one of the body side molding/trims? Isn't there one that runs along above the marker light in the front fender too?...lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324102717004

Thank you all, we knew this day would come, so that is why we have a pair of year old Pyrenees pups. They are becoming good friends also, but cannot replace the one we lost. I am still a little shocked at how rapidly she aged over the last months. The problem is, you always think you have time but you don’t.

Jon,

Sorry for your loss. I've been through it quite a few times myself, and it's never easy. We currently have two Basset Hounds (our 5th and 6th) so we've been through this 4 times previously. Our two current dogs were taken in as adults...one 5, and the other 7, now 9 and 11. Our oldest guy is getting pretty deaf, and is vision is not good either, but his spirits are still great.

Our first Hound 21 years ago was Rembrant by the way. It was also when I started on some early internet forums, so I grabbed the dog's name and it just stuck.

In any case, sorry for your loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon,

Sorry for your loss. I've been through it quite a few times myself, and it's never easy. We currently have two Basset Hounds (our 5th and 6th) so we've been through this 4 times previously. Our two current dogs were taken in as adults...one 5, and the other 7, now 9 and 11. Our oldest guy is getting pretty deaf, and is vision is not good either, but his spirits are still great.

Our first Hound 21 years ago was Rembrant by the way. It was also when I started on some early internet forums, so I grabbed the dog's name and it just stuck.

In any case, sorry for your loss.

No one is coming to the Lounge anymore?

Social Distancing???? 😅

Anyone want to talk about the 800# gorilla in the room?

I've had three jobs cancel in the last week, "until this thing is over"

Over???

I want some of what you're smoking!

Because this isn't getting "over".

It might get under control.

It might (at some point) mutate to something less virulent.

But the cats out of the bag, or Pandora's box has been opened.

There's no going back.

And this is why humans shouldn't eat bats.

No one is coming to the Lounge anymore?

Social Distancing???? 😅

Anyone want to talk about the 800# gorilla in the room?

I've had three jobs cancel in the last week, "until this thing is over"

Over???

I want some of what you're smoking!

Because this isn't getting "over".

It might get under control.

It might (at some point) mutate to something less virulent.

But the cats out of the bag, or Pandora's box has been opened.

There's no going back.

There's a difference in "over" vs when we might return to some semblance of "normal".

The opinion article I just read suggested that when we can start returning to a semblance of normalcy depends on lots of things, like whether those that have had it have any immunity to it, and if so when where we live reaches 60 - 80% of people having had it, and potentially when the heat comes on and the virus backs off - although they don't yet know if this one is seasonal. And even then, the new "normal" is likely to be things like baseball in empty stadiums until this is "over".

But "over" won't be for another 12 - 18 months when a vaccine is developed. Then it may become like polio or small pox. There, but under control.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

You really think that's funny?

Where do you think it crossed over to humans?

Because according to sequencing (you can't really call it DNA. RNA at best) that is the genus that carries this.

Just like syphilis is endemic in sheep, or clamidia is endemic in koalas.

There's a difference in "over" vs when we might return to some semblance of "normal".

The opinion article I just read suggested that when we can start returning to a semblance of normalcy depends on lots of things, like whether those that have had it have any immunity to it, and if so when where we live reaches 60 - 80% of people having had it, and potentially when the heat comes on and the virus backs off - although they don't yet know if this one is seasonal. And even then, the new "normal" is likely to be things like baseball in empty stadiums until this is "over".

But "over" won't be for another 12 - 18 months when a vaccine is developed. Then it may become like polio or small pox. There, but under control.

I think you're optimistic Gary.

Humans are too stupid to curtail their social activities for the good of the species.

I think you're optimistic Gary.

Humans are too stupid to curtail their social activities for the good of the species.

I'm not saying that those are my understandings. But it is an informed opinion arrived at by interviewing a lot of doctors and health-care professionals.

As for humans being to stupid, I don't think you should tar all humans with the same brush. I think the smartest will be the more likely to survive.

You really think that's funny?

It is hilarious Jim, but unfortunately like you say also likely true. It could also have been pangolins or whatever other creatures they like to eat. I doubt we'll know for sure, because that would assign blame and we're not suppose to do that anymore...

As for humans being stupid, that's pretty accurate for 99% of the population. Unfortunately this virus, like any other does not discriminate.