Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Have the VA hospitals improved since 2016?

I couldn't answer that since 2010 was the last time I stepped foot in one. Though I may have to go back for my disability paperwork. I am service connected but not officially because I can't bring myself to get in there. Another time they did surgery they didn't tie off a blood vessel and I bled internally turning my whole rights side black and blue.

I do know since my incidents (and many others who have had similar stories) they have made it so if you don't live withing X amount of miles from the VA you can go to a local hospital/provider for treatment.

Yes, in my opinion.

I walked away from the VA in the late 80’s. I had good insurance and it was easier.

Came back in the system in the mid 00’s. Much better, and some of that could have been my attitude. And I mean by the way we were treated i.e. respectfully.

I had hardware removed from my right femur and right ulna in 1985 or so. That went great. Had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands in 1987 or so, also went great.

Had my right hip replaced by a local doctor because the VA was 2-3 years out.

Right now I am extremely pleased with my care provider and nurse.

I’ve heard guys bad mouthing our VA clinic and asked how long have they been going there. Never set foot in there. I asked how do you know then. Just what I’ve heard they said.

I know people have had bad experiences. You’re going to have them any where you go. I would say give them a chance.

Yes, in my opinion.

I walked away from the VA in the late 80’s. I had good insurance and it was easier.

Came back in the system in the mid 00’s. Much better, and some of that could have been my attitude. And I mean by the way we were treated i.e. respectfully.

I had hardware removed from my right femur and right ulna in 1985 or so. That went great. Had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands in 1987 or so, also went great.

Had my right hip replaced by a local doctor because the VA was 2-3 years out.

Right now I am extremely pleased with my care provider and nurse.

I’ve heard guys bad mouthing our VA clinic and asked how long have they been going there. Never set foot in there. I asked how do you know then. Just what I’ve heard they said.

I know people have had bad experiences. You’re going to have them any where you go. I would say give them a chance.

Unicode Emoji 13.0 are out.

Ford's petition for a pickup truck didn't quite work out the way they hoped.. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Lil'Red to me. :nabble_smiley_wink:

This picture will not likely surprise anybody in the northern areas, but I was behind this Chevy in traffic today and happened to look down to see the entire shock and upper shock mount dangling behind the rear wheel...lol. You can't really see it in the picture, but it was hung up on a cable of some kind that was running left to right. Not sure what it was, but the cable was keeping it from falling further. I can only imagine what the rest of the frame looks like in this thing. Got rust?>..lol.

IMG_9941.jpg.626f8a8b5b74cff635ec60831cd2110d.jpg

This picture will not likely surprise anybody in the northern areas, but I was behind this Chevy in traffic today and happened to look down to see the entire shock and upper shock mount dangling behind the rear wheel...lol. You can't really see it in the picture, but it was hung up on a cable of some kind that was running left to right. Not sure what it was, but the cable was keeping it from falling further. I can only imagine what the rest of the frame looks like in this thing. Got rust?>..lol.

Wow! WOW! WOW! Time to move!