Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Bronco Graveyard still has the big one in stock. Not sure which one you were looking for.

Did you buy one from them? I'm a bit weary since their listing shows the part number for the factory Ford brace which is hardly enough to fix the issue.

Did you buy one from them? I'm a bit weary since their listing shows the part number for the factory Ford brace which is hardly enough to fix the issue.

I haven't as my 80 is manual linkage but I did plan on buying one from terrapin for future use. Ford offered the small and large so you should be safe with the one from BG. You're saying yours needs the large one at this point?

I haven't as my 80 is manual linkage but I did plan on buying one from terrapin for future use. Ford offered the small and large so you should be safe with the one from BG. You're saying yours needs the large one at this point?

I don't really need it since my cab was originally an automatic cab and hasn't been subjected to that force yet. But I'm looking towards the future and since it's a 1990 cab and I can't seem to find the small bracket for a bricknose, I'll have to go with the large bracket.

I don't really need it since my cab was originally an automatic cab and hasn't been subjected to that force yet. But I'm looking towards the future and since it's a 1990 cab and I can't seem to find the small bracket for a bricknose, I'll have to go with the large bracket.

Ok, if you are wanting a small one, let me know. I haven't looked at the tsb in awhile but I assume the bracket remained the same until 97.

Ok, if you are wanting a small one, let me know. I haven't looked at the tsb in awhile but I assume the bracket remained the same until 97.

The TSB I have, 90-16-07, was published in '90 so naturally the range of affected trucks ends in '90 for it. Was there a later TSB? Did the problem continue past '90?

So it appears that Terrapin Manufacturing has shut down as of August 8th.

http://www.terrapinmfg.com/

Looks like I'm going to have to find another option for the firewall reinforcement plate.

That's a huge shame! Glad I have the patch from him as I'll use it on Big Blue.

That's exactly how I felt when RJM vanished (and with them ALL the photos and documentation!)

3G swaps still get done but I can't point someone at one of Ryan's backpages and hand them the grail they are looking for.

Arrgh! Autocorrect. 😖

That is a shame. I have a Terrapin brace on my truck. It is a beautiful piece, but oddly didn't fit my truck quite right and I had to cut/modify it a little bit to get the contour to fit the cab nicely. It wasn't a big deal, and I didn't think much of it at the time. The way the firewalls are stamped and spotted together I'm sure there are some variances in them.

My truck had the small Ford brace in there originally. I personally don't think they were much help.

brace.thumb.jpg.593e5a548d333b84519c1b2bbfc327ed.jpg

That is a shame. I have a Terrapin brace on my truck. It is a beautiful piece, but oddly didn't fit my truck quite right and I had to cut/modify it a little bit to get the contour to fit the cab nicely. It wasn't a big deal, and I didn't think much of it at the time. The way the firewalls are stamped and spotted together I'm sure there are some variances in them.

My truck had the small Ford brace in there originally. I personally don't think they were much help.

I've got the small brace, and over 400,000 on my truck.

I installed it when I was trying to figure out my lack of clutch disengagement .

So, my firewall was never torn, but the bracket that bolts through the tunnel does seem to do something anyway