Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Speaking of ice storm weather...

Always feel crazy picking up wood pellets when it's still July but had Chanute (and my helper) at the farm supply and saw they were in stock.

Interesting bumper.

You should show it to Jonathan, in his 'bummer' thread.

He needs Burro and livestock protection for his truck.

Interesting bumper.

You should show it to Jonathan, in his 'bummer' thread.

He needs Burro and livestock protection for his truck.

Guys,

Do most of you pre-fill your new oil filters when doing an oil change? Can any harm be done starting up an engine with a dry/empty oil filter?

Your daughter's adorable! :nabble_smiley_good:

I bet she weighs the same 40# as a bag

Thank you :)

She (5) and my son (6) were determined to help unload. We may have had to duct tape a few holes in the bags by the time they got them from the pallet to the back of the bed.

Good thinking on the bumper- I'll post some photos of it there to see if it gives him any ideas.

Guys,

Do most of you pre-fill your new oil filters when doing an oil change? Can any harm be done starting up an engine with a dry/empty oil filter?

If its a vertical install yes, I have always prefilled to the top. If its sideways, I usually just get it a little wet inside and hurry spinning it on. Ive never had any issues either way.

Guys,

Yes, always have, always will. It's a force of habit for me, but of course if I had an Inline engine with a horizontal filter like the 300, it would probably be a little more difficult to do.

It's another topic similar to that of changing transmission fluid on a 100k mile vehicle that has never been serviced.

Thank you :)

She (5) and my son (6) were determined to help unload. We may have had to duct tape a few holes in the bags by the time they got them from the pallet to the back of the bed.

Good thinking on the bumper- I'll post some photos of it there to see if it gives him any ideas.

Thank you! For sharing w/ Jonathan. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I had no idea where that bumper came from, or its purpose, but it might have saved him his ranch runabout.

Yes, kids are great when they help. :nabble_smiley_good:

Stepping on pellets barefoot in the night is more fun than stepping on legos, because they're also trying to land you on your butt when they roll. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

So, in the Midwest, opened bags don't start to swell and turn to dust, clogging the auger. 🤯

I find around here, the brands are very different. (I guess depending on the hardwood/softwood mix?)

Some are ashey, and some stay together better. (more pitch?)

Guys,

I'm with Ray.

On a 460 there's no clean way to get the old filter off (it always runs down the PS cooling loop and across the cross member)

I put a splash in and lube the O-ring, and I don't put any load on the engine until the gauge comes up.

... on 460's the sender is at the back of the block, behind the EGR.

Thank you! For sharing w/ Jonathan. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I had no idea where that bumper came from, or its purpose, but it might have saved him his ranch runabout.

Yes, kids are great when they help. :nabble_smiley_good:

Stepping on pellets barefoot in the night is more fun than stepping on legos, because they're also trying to land you on your butt when they roll. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

So, in the Midwest, opened bags don't start to swell and turn to dust, clogging the auger. 🤯

I find around here, the brands are very different. (I guess depending on the hardwood/softwood mix?)

Some are ashey, and some stay together better. (more pitch?)

Yeah, that was a sad deal with his truck.

The only time I had issues with swelling was when I bought some from a supplier that hadn't stored them properly so the top layer had gotten rained on.

I think these bags have small perforations so that might help as humidity is definitely no stranger here. The vast majority around here are 100% oak so like you said, the ingredients may affect the moisture absorption.

What kind of stove do you have?

Yeah, that was a sad deal with his truck.

The only time I had issues with swelling was when I bought some from a supplier that hadn't stored them properly so the top layer had gotten rained on.

I think these bags have small perforations so that might help as humidity is definitely no stranger here. The vast majority around here are 100% oak so like you said, the ingredients may affect the moisture absorption.

What kind of stove do you have?

I don't.

But my buddy (and neighbor) has a Harman.

Every time he has a sensor or seal go bad I get the call.

But his is shoehorned into a corner, and he does little to no maintenance.

So when that auger jams, it is a huge pita.

That, and he has no truck.... And can't think ahead to get them delivered.

So, -mid season- when there are none around and prices are high I get the desperate call that he and his family are freezing their butts off.:nabble_smiley_angry: :nabble_smiley_super: