Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

There was a car show close to where I live yesterday and the wife and I dropped by for a quick walk through. Only a couple of Ford trucks there, and only one Bullnose. I've seen this truck around before, and I remember seeing it for sale a few years ago back when the current owner bought it. It was 400+ miles away at the time and had already sold by the time I could even consider going to see it. If I recall correctly it's an '85 with 351w and auto trans.

I’m not sure I’d call it “bling”. More like “yuk”. Underneath there’s a nice truck wanting to come out.

I’m not sure I’d call it “bling”. More like “yuk”. Underneath there’s a nice truck wanting to come out.

"there's as many opinions as people on the internet"

I used to have a saying in my interior cabinet/furnishings business.

"There's no accounting for poor taste.

Give them what they want and they will be happy"

Jim, that reminded me of when my wife and I had an older "country" gentleman build cabinets for our kitchen. My wife might ask him about something and his answer was: "If you [my wife] like it, I luuuuv it."

He did have a very southern drawl!

Jim, that reminded me of when my wife and I had an older "country" gentleman build cabinets for our kitchen. My wife might ask him about something and his answer was: "If you [my wife] like it, I luuuuv it."

He did have a very southern drawl!

We had a pretty rough storm come through last night. Wind gusts were in excess of 45 mph, and with a lot of dead/dying trees behind the house, we had quite a few tree tops come down. Luckily nothing hit my F350 or the house. Spent the afternoon with the chainsaw and got everything cleaned up. The nice part about having a large wooded area behind the house is that you can just throw all of the debris back into the woods.

We had a pretty rough storm come through last night. Wind gusts were in excess of 45 mph, and with a lot of dead/dying trees behind the house, we had quite a few tree tops come down. Luckily nothing hit my F350 or the house. Spent the afternoon with the chainsaw and got everything cleaned up. The nice part about having a large wooded area behind the house is that you can just throw all of the debris back into the woods.

We, too, have a wooded area behind the house but outside the fence. And we have a burn pile where we stack the limbs that come down. Very handy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But the back of our property is city limits and the neighbors on the other side of it can't burn. When we had a serious ice storm about 10 or 12 years ago we burned the many, many downed limbs and even trees. Ken, the neighbor, said "You are lucky. This is my 23rd trailer load going to the dump." :nabble_smiley_scared:

We, too, have a wooded area behind the house but outside the fence. And we have a burn pile where we stack the limbs that come down. Very handy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But the back of our property is city limits and the neighbors on the other side of it can't burn. When we had a serious ice storm about 10 or 12 years ago we burned the many, many downed limbs and even trees. Ken, the neighbor, said "You are lucky. This is my 23rd trailer load going to the dump." :nabble_smiley_scared:

Speaking of ice storm weather...

Always feel crazy picking up wood pellets when it's still July but had Chanute (and my helper) at the farm supply and saw they were in stock.

IMG_20190722_171824.jpg.fc7bef45e6d5f18fbedd96b9c27ebbd6.jpg

Speaking of ice storm weather...

Always feel crazy picking up wood pellets when it's still July but had Chanute (and my helper) at the farm supply and saw they were in stock.

What do you pay a ton? $200?

I've had two skids in Lil' Red, and it is one of the few times I use 1st.

Need to strap them good, because that poly wrap Isn't going to keep them from shifting around a corner.

What do you pay a ton? $200?

I've had two skids in Lil' Red, and it is one of the few times I use 1st.

Need to strap them good, because that poly wrap Isn't going to keep them from shifting around a corner.

These are 174.50/ton and I'll need to get one more ton before winter They are a fairly local manufacturer so not sure how wide their coverage is. There are 3 brands one can get around here and these are the cheapest. Seems like pellets are hit and miss but I've stuck with these because they are local and my stove seems to like them.

2 tons at a time - I like it. Well, so long as you aren't behind me 😁

Couple years ago I did 2 tons on my 85 F350 running srw's and it was definitely feeling it.

With just a ton on Chanute it was still a good inch away from the overloads and rode a whole lot smoother than empty!

These are 174.50/ton and I'll need to get one more ton before winter They are a fairly local manufacturer so not sure how wide their coverage is. There are 3 brands one can get around here and these are the cheapest. Seems like pellets are hit and miss but I've stuck with these because they are local and my stove seems to like them.

2 tons at a time - I like it. Well, so long as you aren't behind me 😁

Couple years ago I did 2 tons on my 85 F350 running srw's and it was definitely feeling it.

With just a ton on Chanute it was still a good inch away from the overloads and rode a whole lot smoother than empty!

I've got a manual so I use the compression to slow. :nabble_smiley_happy:

But my brakes are in good shape.

Yes, my truck rides like a late '70's Lincoln with a real load on. :nabble_smiley_good: