Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I'm suggesting an alternative that better expresses your indignation towards modern music.

The fundamentalist Muslims share your views towards idolatry and public expression of emotion.

I still think "Hate" is perhaps not the best choice to express displeasure or disgust.💡

Also Jim, while this was about 30.5 eons ago, could you explain? I don't really understand that comparison.

Also Jim, while this was about 30.5 eons ago, could you explain? I don't really understand that comparison.

I looked at the post where I said "Hate" sounds ignorant.

What comparison am I making?

Maybe if you used the quote function and bolded or italicized my comment I can give you a better answer.

I know this is late, but I'll put in my input.

These kind of people far outnumber the actual offroaders. I see Jeeps like that all day. Thousands of $ in an aftermarket bumper, Warn winch, wheels and tires, etc, etc, etc. But never, EVER, a single spec off dirt. And that winch? Yeah, it's likely never been used. And never will be. In fact, they probably don't even know how to use it.

One of the only "serious" Jeeps I've ever seen, was sporting a 460 under the hood, which was backed by an NP435. And no, it didn't look "nice".

Pretty much if you don't have brush rash on both sides and bent corners you aren't out trailblazing....

I always wondered what Chevy was thinking when they basically remade the AMC Eagle. :nabble_anim_confused:

I know this is late, but I'll put in my input.

These kind of people far outnumber the actual offroaders. I see Jeeps like that all day. Thousands of $ in an aftermarket bumper, Warn winch, wheels and tires, etc, etc, etc. But never, EVER, a single spec off dirt. And that winch? Yeah, it's likely never been used. And never will be. In fact, they probably don't even know how to use it.

One of the only "serious" Jeeps I've ever seen, was sporting a 460 under the hood, which was backed by an NP435. And no, it didn't look "nice".

I'm late too, but on the mall crawler issue, why do we care? If more people buy more of the stuff I might buy that helps provide enough demand that more manufacturers are interested in the market. Sure those buyers might not want the same things I want, but it still helps.

And who are we to talk anyway? Sure some of you use old trucks because you need a truck and an old truck is an economical alternative. But most of us (me for sure) are not driving the vehicles we drive because it makes sense. We do it because it's what we want to drive.

So if this guy wants to drive a well-equipped overlander to work in the suburbs, so what?

I'm late too, but on the mall crawler issue, why do we care? If more people buy more of the stuff I might buy that helps provide enough demand that more manufacturers are interested in the market. Sure those buyers might not want the same things I want, but it still helps.

And who are we to talk anyway? Sure some of you use old trucks because you need a truck and an old truck is an economical alternative. But most of us (me for sure) are not driving the vehicles we drive because it makes sense. We do it because it's what we want to drive.

So if this guy wants to drive a well-equipped overlander to work in the suburbs, so what?

I drive a mall crawler.. my 78 Bronco. I have no intention to offroad with it ever. It might come in handy if/when we have a lot of snow in TX, which is every few years. Now I have definitely put it through its paces this summer daily driving it over 100F with AC on...

I have no problems with mall crawlers. When I saw that guy the first time at work, I thought it was such a cool rig.... but when he started parking diagonally and taking 2 spots worth of space I wasn't so sure what he was trying to accomplish.... thats the sort of thing that creates a negative stereotype.

.... but when he started parking diagonally and taking 2 spots worth of space I wasn't so sure what he was trying to accomplish.... thats the sort of thing that creates a negative stereotype.

I'm definitely OK with putting down people for parking diagonally and taking up two spots! Yesterday I saw a mini Cooper parked like that. I didn't know a mini Cooper COULD take up two spots!

.... but when he started parking diagonally and taking 2 spots worth of space I wasn't so sure what he was trying to accomplish.... thats the sort of thing that creates a negative stereotype.

I'm definitely OK with putting down people for parking diagonally and taking up two spots! Yesterday I saw a mini Cooper parked like that. I didn't know a mini Cooper COULD take up two spots!

To me it depends on where the spots are in the parking lot. I park in the back of beyound (it is a Brit saying so needs to be spelled their way) and since there is almost always plenty of parking out there I don't mind if someone takes up two spots. But if they park up near the door and take up two spots then that's not ok in my book.

I drive a mall crawler.. my 78 Bronco. I have no intention to offroad with it ever. It might come in handy if/when we have a lot of snow in TX, which is every few years. Now I have definitely put it through its paces this summer daily driving it over 100F with AC on...

I have no problems with mall crawlers. When I saw that guy the first time at work, I thought it was such a cool rig.... but when he started parking diagonally and taking 2 spots worth of space I wasn't so sure what he was trying to accomplish.... thats the sort of thing that creates a negative stereotype.

But you're cool with parking on top of an EV...???

Sometimes :nabble_anim_confused:

But you're cool with parking on top of an EV...???

Sometimes :nabble_anim_confused:

Yes they deserve that sort of treatment ... Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!

I just park next to them. When they walk up to their EV, that is me telling them that EVs won't be forever vehicles like my trucks and could end up in a landfill in 15 years if they choose to not replace the failing battery :nabble_smiley_wink: :nabble_smiley_wink:

Just my opinion............ I am pretty sure I am wrong about all of this.. manufacturing output will definitely be higher in the long run for automobile manufacturers with EVs and the built in planned obsolescence... so I guess that creates manufacturing jobs, unless robots build EVs to.

I always think about WALL-E when I think about EVs.