Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Yikes! That looks awful, Jim! Hope you get better quickly. Will keep you in my prayers!

Thanks Gary! 🙏

I've had 3 (festering) days of sitting on my hands.

They don't call me Redline for nothing.

I get :nabble_poo-23_orig: done!

I need to get my hands on a DTI and a good set of feeler gauges.

Somehow... I think that I'll be ok. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

The plasma weeping out my pores had my socks glued to my shins.

The doctors tested for edema, it's all infection, not water ..

:nabble_smiley_oh:

Jim! How is it going today?

My lower leg still has skin like a pomelo.

It's swollen, so I can't really bend my knee or get pants on or off.

I'm doing what I can in this condition. 🙂

My lower leg still has skin like a pomelo.

It's swollen, so I can't really bend my knee or get pants on or off.

I'm doing what I can in this condition. 🙂

Today, we had a full solar eclipse here.

I don’t have any telescope, so I tried couple of shots with my DSLR Nikon, equipped with a Zoom.

We had couple of eclipse glasses, I taped one + a piece of cardboard on the lens:

IMG_9344.thumb.jpeg.7eea76e6682d3aad98611d645c6d21a8.jpeg

Here are some picts I took:

IMG_9292.jpeg.593a28a82a9c0aadd1b0e17e312a9969.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg.4662dabd089ddbc46a89a340daa68da1.jpeg

On this one, we can see some solar flares:

IMG_9317.jpeg.66c891dfcb649184132528159b68dec2.jpeg

IMG_9432.jpeg.395d62576f3dfa69b10a683da11d380b.jpeg

My wife took some picts during the darkest moments (around 3:28 PM local time).

I am at my Nikon on this one:

IMG_1345.thumb.jpeg.4cb2c278037305dc09ceb9ab630bb36b.jpeg

And we can see a star here, down right of the Sun. This isn’t a star, that’s Venus:

IMG_1339.thumb.jpeg.87f6e8736ca51e2c747144ccdcc7928b.jpeg

Today, we had a full solar eclipse here.

I don’t have any telescope, so I tried couple of shots with my DSLR Nikon, equipped with a Zoom.

We had couple of eclipse glasses, I taped one + a piece of cardboard on the lens:

Here are some picts I took:

On this one, we can see some solar flares:

My wife took some picts during the darkest moments (around 3:28 PM local time).

I am at my Nikon on this one:

And we can see a star here, down right of the Sun. This isn’t a star, that’s Venus:

Beautiful photography, Jeff! 👍

Compliments to your wife, as well.

Beautiful photography, Jeff! 👍

Compliments to your wife, as well.

Well done, Jeff! Those are great!

We had 95.3% coverage and used my auto-darkening welding helmet. But we had just a touch of clouds and the reduced light wasn’t quite enough to trip the helmet for the last 10 minutes.

Well done, Jeff! Those are great!

We had 95.3% coverage and used my auto-darkening welding helmet. But we had just a touch of clouds and the reduced light wasn’t quite enough to trip the helmet for the last 10 minutes.

We went to Nashville for the 2017 eclipse. I thought that was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen, but I couldn't talk Lesley into traveling for this one (in 2017 we stayed at her brother's and watch from his backyard, no such opportunity this time).

I think it was supposed to be about 70% coverage here yesterday, but we had overcast and rain. Couldn't see the sun at all. During the eclipse it just looked like the clouds were thickening a bit.

What I remember from last time was that even 99% coverage was only so-so. But when it went to 100% it was like a switch was thrown. The sky went dark except what sort of looked like a 360° sunset (like it shows in Jeff's wife's pictures) and the whole world went QUIET! we were close enough to hear traffic noise from I40, and that stopped. But also the breeze died and the suburban animal noises stopped. That was really cool!

We went to Nashville for the 2017 eclipse. I thought that was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen, but I couldn't talk Lesley into traveling for this one (in 2017 we stayed at her brother's and watch from his backyard, no such opportunity this time).

I think it was supposed to be about 70% coverage here yesterday, but we had overcast and rain. Couldn't see the sun at all. During the eclipse it just looked like the clouds were thickening a bit.

What I remember from last time was that even 99% coverage was only so-so. But when it went to 100% it was like a switch was thrown. The sky went dark except what sort of looked like a 360° sunset (like it shows in Jeff's wife's pictures) and the whole world went QUIET! we were close enough to hear traffic noise from I40, and that stopped. But also the breeze died and the suburban animal noises stopped. That was really cool!

Even with "only" 95% coverage the animals were confused. We saw a pair of rabbits that didn't know what to do, but knew something was different. And the birds got quiet.

But, that last 5% probably would have made a huge difference as things here were odd, but not obviously strange. We felt "out of it" but could easily still see and if we'd not known there was an eclipse it would have been possible to think the sky was just very cloudy.

Even with "only" 95% coverage the animals were confused. We saw a pair of rabbits that didn't know what to do, but knew something was different. And the birds got quiet.

But, that last 5% probably would have made a huge difference as things here were odd, but not obviously strange. We felt "out of it" but could easily still see and if we'd not known there was an eclipse it would have been possible to think the sky was just very cloudy.

We had 100% in Dallas and it felt like the work of an omnipotent entity. As quickly as it became dark-as-night, if one wasn’t aware of the eclipse it would have been a cause for panic.

when the eclipse in 2017 happened, I was also in Nashville working at the art store in green hills mall. glass roof in the concourse made it interesting.