Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

The necrotizing tissue in the joint I've been walking on for 22 years with a chowed meniscus and no labrum to support the mediai joint needs to be removed l

It just continues to rot in there, and this mans immune system can only do so much.

At least I'm in the right place (2nd largest Hospital in the US, behind Miami).

Take care!! Necrotizing tissue doesn’t sound good to be in the system.

After reading through the last 5 or so pages, I'll add my .02 cents.

EVs have their place developing. That's what happens in a free market.

The problem is, when laws are injected to support/suppress.. which is what we have here.

Get off my neck with your electric mandates and requirements for the market to sell only EVs... and try not to forget how we got here.

Before I retired, I was the perfect candidate for an EV or a hybrid for my daily commute.

8 miles one way. Garaged storage at home with a 240 power source.

Nah. Nothing available. Few hybrids beginning to pop up. Friend drove a Honda Element and was a hyper-miler blogger.

70-ish miles one way.

So I drove my '95 F-150 4x4 4.9/5spd.

NEVER ONCE had an issue in the 10 years I ran that.

As I ramble on here building a picture with words to make my message...

It's my choice. It's going to be my choice.

The current leaning tower of environmental beliefs is really leaning over.

It's about to crash.

I'll keep my fuel. Leave me alone.

See you at the pump.

And now you can have more options in a vehicle that has the complexities and failure points of both....💡

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/04/fords-q1-ev-sales-grew-86-but-its-shifting-focus-to-hybrids/

And now you can have more options in a vehicle that has the complexities and failure points of both....💡

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/04/fords-q1-ev-sales-grew-86-but-its-shifting-focus-to-hybrids/

I'm never getting an hybrid again... Especially, the Toyota/Lexus only ones with the Toyota-only made "master cylinder/brake booster/abs" assembly. If and when those things fail, causing internal seal rupture of the pump which fills up the fluid with air.. the pedals go soft and its a safety risk. Toyota issued recalls that replaced the units a specific "VIN range" which is cover your *** BS. Cost of replacement is over $4000 and this happens quite often. Check carcomplaints.com, you will find too many cases. Sorry but i'm not going to attempt to save a few bucks in gas and drive an over-engineered and expensive piece of ****. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

So many of these old hybrids end up at the auction with a "mechanical" issue. I know exact which issue that is. Cost of repair exceeds cost of vehicle... i'll pass.

I'm never getting an hybrid again... Especially, the Toyota/Lexus only ones with the Toyota-only made "master cylinder/brake booster/abs" assembly. If and when those things fail, causing internal seal rupture of the pump which fills up the fluid with air.. the pedals go soft and its a safety risk. Toyota issued recalls that replaced the units a specific "VIN range" which is cover your *** BS. Cost of replacement is over $4000 and this happens quite often. Check carcomplaints.com, you will find too many cases. Sorry but i'm not going to attempt to save a few bucks in gas and drive an over-engineered and expensive piece of ****. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

So many of these old hybrids end up at the auction with a "mechanical" issue. I know exact which issue that is. Cost of repair exceeds cost of vehicle... i'll pass.

Prius electric steering *and brakes * is a highly valued aftermarket swap.

I think that plug-in hybrid is a whole new level.

But I'm not interested in any of them.

Gee that brake assembly sounds like the system Chrysler used on some of their cars and minivans. We had a 1993 with the Bendix 10 ABS system, had a 2000 psi pump mounted on the top of the differential housing of the transaxle. Pump would fail and you had virtually no brakes. Accumulator would leak and the pump would cycle on and off continuously, or the check valve on the pump would fail, and same issue with the pump motor.

Gee that brake assembly sounds like the system Chrysler used on some of their cars and minivans. We had a 1993 with the Bendix 10 ABS system, had a 2000 psi pump mounted on the top of the differential housing of the transaxle. Pump would fail and you had virtually no brakes. Accumulator would leak and the pump would cycle on and off continuously, or the check valve on the pump would fail, and same issue with the pump motor.

Interesting. I had thought all along that Toyota had come up with that on their own. Not surprised they copied one, and a flawed one at that. Yes that is exactly what happened, the pump would cycle on and off. Initially every minute or so, and then down to every 15 seconds as it got worse. New "unit" from Toyota was over $4k. The other option was a $700 used unit from a salvage yard which probably was going to fail anytime soon. They used this design on all their hybrids and continue to do it today. I learned today from my brother-in-law who drives a 2011 prius that he spent $5K at the dealer a few months ago!! I asked him, would you buy a Toyota hybrid again, and he said "Yes". I told myself there is no saving some people.

Interesting. I had thought all along that Toyota had come up with that on their own. Not surprised they copied one, and a flawed one at that. Yes that is exactly what happened, the pump would cycle on and off. Initially every minute or so, and then down to every 15 seconds as it got worse. New "unit" from Toyota was over $4k. The other option was a $700 used unit from a salvage yard which probably was going to fail anytime soon. They used this design on all their hybrids and continue to do it today. I learned today from my brother-in-law who drives a 2011 prius that he spent $5K at the dealer a few months ago!! I asked him, would you buy a Toyota hybrid again, and he said "Yes". I told myself there is no saving some people.

This is AFTER 3 days of antibiotic infusion.

da7773de-e490-4a16-b4d7-b3ca4c7cd8b1.thumb.jpg.5d8b56e6cd6b0cd427be57f925d7bdc9.jpg