Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

That's scary - to have something on a very complex device that if you forget to do it could cause the whole thing to blow up. :nabble_smiley_oh:

I worked for Boeing for about 6 months once - until they lost a contract and laid everyone off. So I should have a soft spot in my heart for them. But I've probably flown on their planes for far more than the equivalent of 6 months and it worries me that their systems and processes rely on people remembering to turn something off or add 4 bolts.

And I guess others are a bit concerned as well. I saw a video where they had a high-ranking official sitting next to the door plug when the first Max 9 returned to service, and you could see in the video that he had his seatbelt on tightly. :nabble_smiley_wink:

"turn something off"

That they were never trained on, and were never informed was actually active on their flight deck.

The bean counters who thought "we can save $300 on a pitot tube" should be on the gallows

"turn something off"

That they were never trained on, and were never informed was actually active on their flight deck.

The bean counters who thought "we can save $300 on a pitot tube" should be on the gallows

Pitot tube and/or temp sensor. There are lots of ways to make it failsafe. But to rely on memory .... wait, what are we talking about? :nabble_anim_confused:

Pitot tube and/or temp sensor. There are lots of ways to make it failsafe. But to rely on memory .... wait, what are we talking about? :nabble_anim_confused:

Probably the pitot tube Airbus incident where insects got into the tubes so they were plugged and the pilot never looked up and saw they were plugged during the walk around.

Probably the pitot tube Airbus incident where insects got into the tubes so they were plugged and the pilot never looked up and saw they were plugged during the walk around.

No, not really.

Was the 737 Max-8.that had the AOA anti-stall software in fly-by-wire override executive control from the front seat.

The mud daubers on the Airbus are the reason we have "Remove Before Flight" pins in the pitots that should be ,manually removed by the flight crew on their walk-around immediately before taxiing away from the gate.

It isn't just the low-end things. Look at the problems Boeing is having with quality control.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/01/boeing-withdraws-bid-for-safety-exemption-as-details-on-missing-bolts-emerge/

Ooopsie! :nabble_smiley_blush:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/02/four-bolts-were-missing-from-boeing-737-before-door-plug-blew-off-ntsb-says/

People should go to prison for this to EVER being allowed to roll out the plant.

Capital Investment groups and beancounters before industry SOP, that's how!

This is the place for random off topic things....

Here's another video that Bill would appreciate.

This guy makes AMAZING reproduction intakes and has some of the rarest performance carburetor setups I've ever seen.

This is the place for random off topic things....

Here's another video that Bill would appreciate.

This guy makes AMAZING reproduction intakes and has some of the rarest performance carburetor setups I've ever seen.

That is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing.

I had no idea that it was so complex to re-create something link an intake manifold. I guess once you work out the CAD and get the kinks out the next one would go more smoothly/quickly, but he sure has a lot of time in that intake.

But I'm surprised that he is casting the Ford logo and ID #'s in the parts. I would think the logo would get him in trouble with Ford, and the ID #'s aren't "correct" as it isn't the same as whatever the part was that he's copied. Still, the vast majority of people would never know that it isn't the original part.

That is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing.

I had no idea that it was so complex to re-create something link an intake manifold. I guess once you work out the CAD and get the kinks out the next one would go more smoothly/quickly, but he sure has a lot of time in that intake.

But I'm surprised that he is casting the Ford logo and ID #'s in the parts. I would think the logo would get him in trouble with Ford, and the ID #'s aren't "correct" as it isn't the same as whatever the part was that he's copied. Still, the vast majority of people would never know that it isn't the original part.

These are bespoke, for concours cars owned by VERY wealthy people.

He's not trying to hide the fact that he makes them.

I don't think he has anything to worry about... 🤷‍♂️

I've tagged Bill before (I think for a downdraft Pantera intake and one for a GT40) but he must not read the mail, or he has notifications turned off globally.

Some of these old Ford carb setups are pretty cool! :nabble_smiley_cool: