Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

My shop cat/house cat/best bud crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. I was halfway expecting it, but also holding onto hope that he would pull through. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, and I am beyond heartbroken. This little guy was always by my side, and constantly hopped up into my trucks to hang out whenever I was working on them. We rescued him from the shelter in 2019, and the fact that we only had a few short years with him stings, but at the same time I am eternally grateful for the past few years. He will be greatly missed each time I am out working on my trucks, but I have laid him to rest directly behind where I park my trucks so that I can see his resting place each time I walk the path from my shop.

Sorry to hear that Shaun. This is why I try not to have pets, but alas, strays always show up and become family. I firmly believe our pets teach us about ourselves.

Sorry to hear that Shaun. This is why I try not to have pets, but alas, strays always show up and become family. I firmly believe our pets teach us about ourselves.

Thanks for the kind words and prayers guys, it is greatly appreciated.

Ray, the cat from across the street enjoys stopping by my place every once in awhile for some food and to hang out. She's been doing it for years, so I can at least spend time with her if I ever have that yearning for a pet again. But I cannot foresee myself going out and getting another of my own because I'm just not interested in the heartbreak each time they pass as it generally hits me pretty hard.

Thanks for the kind words and prayers guys, it is greatly appreciated.

Ray, the cat from across the street enjoys stopping by my place every once in awhile for some food and to hang out. She's been doing it for years, so I can at least spend time with her if I ever have that yearning for a pet again. But I cannot foresee myself going out and getting another of my own because I'm just not interested in the heartbreak each time they pass as it generally hits me pretty hard.

Shaun I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your friend/companion.

I know the feeling when familiar routine isn't, or they're just no longer there to share (joy, cuddles, scratches)

Please take the time to appreciate what they've brought.

Shaun I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your friend/companion.

I know the feeling when familiar routine isn't, or they're just no longer there to share (joy, cuddles, scratches)

Please take the time to appreciate what they've brought.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the kind words.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I took my lunch time to go at my local salvage yard, to see if I could find a specific connector.

As usual, I looked around the closest part of the yard, where more "recent" donors vehicles are stored. I knew that they have older "antique" cars and trucks (70's and previous), but never went to this part of the yard.

Since I rapidly found the famous connector, I had some time before going back to office. So I walked "deeper" in the property.

Waow, it's very impressive, big stock! :nabble_smiley_scared: I took couple of pictures, just to give an idea of the site:

B0002C91-2DDB-4AAC-AA6A-27C5A1BBAB7B.jpeg.4e93d8c286a163a45fc45c395f803ea9.jpeg

ACF61138-4522-45BC-A17F-EF4B9627E63E.jpeg.6c4da59d9bf24d1a56a514c84868e5b1.jpeg

A105264A-9C79-4A97-B24A-7A56D6CD80FF.jpeg.4c8092fee1ac8b2842289e07f4f706c7.jpeg

D0D0C583-D370-4C13-A1EC-3824EB726ED4.jpeg.6dd8439166c146517f45d5b1fff5de2a.jpeg

8B97AF27-9AF1-4A56-9DA2-F2BDDABF3D44.jpeg.5faeb102559572ccba40633a4531ad9e.jpeg

7CE935F3-E4DF-478D-BD7D-BA8520ECC1C9.jpeg.8956b030c30159c8d291d53761efc686.jpeg

7FB8ED2C-6EEF-4FD8-91E8-971543B908CA.jpeg.171c51b8f02dc1c411cef5d8af2356e0.jpeg

Today I took my lunch time to go at my local salvage yard, to see if I could find a specific connector.

As usual, I looked around the closest part of the yard, where more "recent" donors vehicles are stored. I knew that they have older "antique" cars and trucks (70's and previous), but never went to this part of the yard.

Since I rapidly found the famous connector, I had some time before going back to office. So I walked "deeper" in the property.

Waow, it's very impressive, big stock! :nabble_smiley_scared: I took couple of pictures, just to give an idea of the site:

Wow is right! That's a treasure trove. :nabble_smiley_good:

Besides the huge selection, the fact that they obviously put forth extra effort to make it easier to crawl under them and keep the area clean from thorns, mud, etc blows my mind.

I noticed that as well, Scott. That is a huge help 'cause you never know what is living under there around here.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you guys enjoy fishing? And some appreciate if it happens in deep woods secret lake?

A friend of mine has a nice camp, near LG3 Hydro-Quebec power plant (James Bay, QC). We went to this fishing paradise couple of time. It's far. And the last 125 miles are gravel road.

First time I went there, I hauled my boat for the fishing trip. I protected it with thick tarpolines, wrapping it all around. Was ok, but gravel is so rough than the trailer and the boat had couple of scratches and bumps when returned home. Next time I went there, I borrowed a boat that is permanently left at my friend's camp.

Yesterday, I crossed a truck+trailer on my way to office.

This guy is probably riding gravel roads on a regular basis. He made his own solution against gravel wear.

His trailer looks more to a tank than a boat trailer, but his boat is well protected.

:nabble_smiley_cool:

IMG_7089.jpg.3e5a529b73d14df3d2c17ae612cb5026.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg.f6331ffdffc375f63373b8f13f38f3f2.jpg