Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

I'll probably never figure out what this was, because its now gone but i cant help but wonder. As you know, I replaced the intake manifold and put a new ( to me ) Holley 4160 carb on it. Was finally able to get the engine started and have nothing, except power steering leaking. Without doing anything at all to the carb, the car starts and runs. The engine runs nice and quiet. By quiet i mean, before the new intake and carb, I had a factory intake and a 2150 carb, the engine always had a tippy tap and always sounded like it was coming from the carburetor. Some years back i had to change the 2150 and replaced it with another one with the same tippy tap ( sounds like lifters tapping ) with the new intake and the 4160, no tippy tap. Any ideas?

I'll probably never figure out what this was, because its now gone but i cant help but wonder. As you know, I replaced the intake manifold and put a new ( to me ) Holley 4160 carb on it. Was finally able to get the engine started and have nothing, except power steering leaking. Without doing anything at all to the carb, the car starts and runs. The engine runs nice and quiet. By quiet i mean, before the new intake and carb, I had a factory intake and a 2150 carb, the engine always had a tippy tap and always sounded like it was coming from the carburetor. Some years back i had to change the 2150 and replaced it with another one with the same tippy tap ( sounds like lifters tapping ) with the new intake and the 4160, no tippy tap. Any ideas?

was the previous intake and carb the type to have an egr plate also? does the new setup have egr?

but is it possible that you had an exhaust tick from an egr plate gasket before?

we had an rv come in for a little revival last year. it had been sitting for a long, long time as many do. 85 e350 chassis with 460/c6 and a four corner idle holley original carb. the extended gasket around the exhaust portion was missing. burned away. I replaced it before I ran it so I cannot say how much noise it might have made.

I had a terrible dream last night where I brought my Bronco to a restoration shop and they decided to go hog wild with anything left vague or unspecified on the list of work I wanted performed and then demanded $30,000 when it was finished. The interior was tan instead of teal, they put in an automatic transmission, a carb'd V8, and the restoration was of poor quality.

Unrelated, but is there a way to reply to threads without replying to a specific post? ie avoiding the "In reply to this post" message that pops up whenever I post and because of that I typically pick the original post to reply to :nabble_anim_crazy:

I had a terrible dream last night where I brought my Bronco to a restoration shop and they decided to go hog wild with anything left vague or unspecified on the list of work I wanted performed and then demanded $30,000 when it was finished. The interior was tan instead of teal, they put in an automatic transmission, a carb'd V8, and the restoration was of poor quality.

Unrelated, but is there a way to reply to threads without replying to a specific post? ie avoiding the "In reply to this post" message that pops up whenever I post and because of that I typically pick the original post to reply to :nabble_anim_crazy:

Yes, just hit the reply button on the most recent post.

Today I switched auto insurance carriers. My premiums went down by about $500 (per 6month), and none of my coverage limits changed. Funny how that works.

Yes, as Shaun said just hit Reply on the last post in a thread. But, since I wanted to look at your post while replying I am replying to it. That way I can see what you said.

And, what you said is a nightmare! :nabble_smiley_oh:

I have been quite worried about parking Big Blue in hotel parking lots, in spite of having the security system on it. Yes, I know he's very, very well insured. But I couldn't replace him. It has taken me soooooo long to get him where I want him, and I just don't think I could do that again. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Yes, as Shaun said just hit Reply on the last post in a thread. But, since I wanted to look at your post while replying I am replying to it. That way I can see what you said.

And, what you said is a nightmare! :nabble_smiley_oh:

I have been quite worried about parking Big Blue in hotel parking lots, in spite of having the security system on it. Yes, I know he's very, very well insured. But I couldn't replace him. It has taken me soooooo long to get him where I want him, and I just don't think I could do that again. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I recently switched insurance carriers. So did my son.

USAA, and I’m impressed with the savings!

Also, my son just bought a 2023 Mazda CX 30. Nice car. Surprised that it was just under $25K.