Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Went to go find a picture of the wooden armrest(s) I had in my F150, and then went down memory lane, and fell down pretty hard when I looked back at the pictures of that truck. Wish I could have seen it with the eyes I have now because I definitely would have kept it around. I would have scrapped the 400/BBC6 and thrown in a cheap 302 and SBC6 and just drive the thing. It had some rust issues but nothing that would have kept it from driving down the road. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Nice truck!

Went to go find a picture of the wooden armrest(s) I had in my F150, and then went down memory lane, and fell down pretty hard when I looked back at the pictures of that truck. Wish I could have seen it with the eyes I have now because I definitely would have kept it around. I would have scrapped the 400/BBC6 and thrown in a cheap 302 and SBC6 and just drive the thing. It had some rust issues but nothing that would have kept it from driving down the road. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I was appalled when I saw you were selling that truck. In fact, if I remember correctly I contacted you about it, but you were sure you were "moving on".

However, you are "back" and that's what counts. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I was appalled when I saw you were selling that truck. In fact, if I remember correctly I contacted you about it, but you were sure you were "moving on".

However, you are "back" and that's what counts. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I still remember it. I basically wiped my slate clean and spent the better part of two years traveling all over Florida on the weekends with a good friend. I knew the truck was just gonna sit for even longer and I felt at that point it was better to let it go. I knew it was only good for a parts rig, but I figured somebody would take what they need and then scrap the rest. I didn't think that the guy who bought it was an Ebay seller and that I would come across parts from it during my Ebay searches for the next ten years. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Last pic I ever took. Hard to believe that was already five years ago.

t8HIokh.jpg.a1fc8b990c3ee2ab2e863c32e60ef2b6.jpg

You are correct though; I am back stronger than ever with three trucks that like to take all of my spare time and money. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

• 4 weeks later...

So, in another thread, the topic of diesels outlasting gasoline, and prepping came up. I won't get into the reasons for prepping, as that borders religion and politics, but I would like to discuss hardening my 7.3 against EMP or a solar kill shot CME

Anyone happen to have information on Air Starters for the 7.3 International? I've seen a few Google results that lead to other forum discussions like this, talking about air starters on 7.3 powered Alaskan generators and such....but I've not found any part numbers, manufacturers etc.

The idea is to be able to start the truck in extreme cold, or after a nuclear EMP or Solar CME.

• 2 weeks later...

So, in another thread, the topic of diesels outlasting gasoline, and prepping came up. I won't get into the reasons for prepping, as that borders religion and politics, but I would like to discuss hardening my 7.3 against EMP or a solar kill shot CME

Anyone happen to have information on Air Starters for the 7.3 International? I've seen a few Google results that lead to other forum discussions like this, talking about air starters on 7.3 powered Alaskan generators and such....but I've not found any part numbers, manufacturers etc.

The idea is to be able to start the truck in extreme cold, or after a nuclear EMP or Solar CME.

Boy, we're preparing here for this giant storm, we're about to fall in winter in a strong and instant way. But here (Quebec) we use to deal with snow and cold temperatures.

:nabble_smiley_super:

But looking at the news, seems that a lot of our US friends are under very unusual temps for them. Lot of you guys are supposed to have mild temps (around 45-50°F) and are now as low as 10°F.

:nabble_smiley_scared:

Hoping everybody is ok.

🤞

Boy, we're preparing here for this giant storm, we're about to fall in winter in a strong and instant way. But here (Quebec) we use to deal with snow and cold temperatures.

:nabble_smiley_super:

But looking at the news, seems that a lot of our US friends are under very unusual temps for them. Lot of you guys are supposed to have mild temps (around 45-50°F) and are now as low as 10°F.

:nabble_smiley_scared:

Hoping everybody is ok.

🤞

We're pretty used to it here (Minnesota) as well. But this morning it's -12°F, and the windchill today is supposed to be -40°. We deal with that by staying inside!

And at least it's sunny. Sunny winter days here are usually cold, but they are nicer to look at through a window!

We're pretty used to it here (Minnesota) as well. But this morning it's -12°F, and the windchill today is supposed to be -40°. We deal with that by staying inside!

And at least it's sunny. Sunny winter days here are usually cold, but they are nicer to look at through a window!

We might be some of the ones that should be 45 -50F, but yesterday we saw -1F, snow, and windchill of -20. And we had doctors appointments. So we left an hour early, took Blue, and put him in auto 4wd. Drove slowly and only had one corner where it didn’t want to turn, but just a touch of throttle brought it around. Got home an hour early and hibernated!

We might be some of the ones that should be 45 -50F, but yesterday we saw -1F, snow, and windchill of -20. And we had doctors appointments. So we left an hour early, took Blue, and put him in auto 4wd. Drove slowly and only had one corner where it didn’t want to turn, but just a touch of throttle brought it around. Got home an hour early and hibernated!

Yeah, it's super cold this morning. Just went and checked on the chickens. The roo is starting to get frostbite on his combs. It happened to him last year too.

I think it's -28 here.

My frosted barn.

Horses stayed in today.

🥶

Beautiful photo Jeff! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Here (north of NYC) it is still raining though not as hard or windy as yesterday.

Calling for single digits (F) overnight so I expect a lot of black ice in the morning.

I do feel for those farther south who aren't really prepared for the cold they're seeing.