Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

That came through for me, Jonathan. Thanks. But what a tragedy!

On a happier note, I came across this while picking here and there on the web (Facebook, yep :nabble_smiley_wink:).

This gentleman (Hugo Colton) published this in December 2020:

«I have a small addiction to bullnose fords and I want them all. [...] The diesel pulled this set up 1400 miles one way weighting in at a grand total of 27000lbs. Average speed was 60mph.»

I suggested him to join this Forum too. Maybe is he already a member?

133430017_3556654801093451_8744215692452443289_n.jpg.0536f36c663844ddb6312894e928d5c5.jpg

On a happier note, I came across this while picking here and there on the web (Facebook, yep :nabble_smiley_wink:).

This gentleman (Hugo Colton) published this in December 2020:

«I have a small addiction to bullnose fords and I want them all. [...] The diesel pulled this set up 1400 miles one way weighting in at a grand total of 27000lbs. Average speed was 60mph.»

I suggested him to join this Forum too. Maybe is he already a member?

Wow! That is quite a load! For him to maintain 60 MPH I'm guessing he has a turbo on that IDI - assuming it is an IDI.

I don't think he is a member. And I think the truck is an '86. It certainly is either an '85 or '86 since the side trim is below the marker light, but it looks like it has a solid front axle, and that happened in '86 if not late '85.

Wow! That is quite a load! For him to maintain 60 MPH I'm guessing he has a turbo on that IDI - assuming it is an IDI.

I don't think he is a member. And I think the truck is an '86. It certainly is either an '85 or '86 since the side trim is below the marker light, but it looks like it has a solid front axle, and that happened in '86 if not late '85.

Cool! Good point on the axle, nice truck to have.

I think an IDI would handle 60 MPH on flat ground with the four speed and assuming it has 4.10’s.

The 88 I used to have (7.3 IDI) would pull good on flat ground with a 30 or 31 foot travel trailer I pulled for someone. But the mountain passes sure slowed it down!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool! Good point on the axle, nice truck to have.

I think an IDI would handle 60 MPH on flat ground with the four speed and assuming it has 4.10’s.

The 88 I used to have (7.3 IDI) would pull good on flat ground with a 30 or 31 foot travel trailer I pulled for someone. But the mountain passes sure slowed it down!

Because I don't have enough to do:nabble_smiley_whistling: we started three house projects this weekend. First we cut down a big blue spruce

DSC_3852.jpg.39c3705bc3753459da268612664e89e7.jpg

Then we started tearing out our deck

DSC_3858.jpg.33ce015cc5e24abacef9c454fd493ab7.jpg

That's all to be ready to have a patio put in right after our vacation. We're done with the tree, but still have to get about half of the deck frame taken out (the deck floor is done).

And if that's not enough, we also are fencing my son's back yard (no pics of that yet). He and his wife want the yard fenced so they can get a dog, and we want them to be able to dog-sit our two dogs when we go on vacation. We got all of the posts in, so tomorrow we hope to finish by getting the fabric stretched.

Because I don't have enough to do:nabble_smiley_whistling: we started three house projects this weekend. First we cut down a big blue spruce

Then we started tearing out our deck

That's all to be ready to have a patio put in right after our vacation. We're done with the tree, but still have to get about half of the deck frame taken out (the deck floor is done).

And if that's not enough, we also are fencing my son's back yard (no pics of that yet). He and his wife want the yard fenced so they can get a dog, and we want them to be able to dog-sit our two dogs when we go on vacation. We got all of the posts in, so tomorrow we hope to finish by getting the fabric stretched.

Man, that's a lot of WORK! But "fabric" on the fence? What kind?