Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

This is an open forum for off-topic discussions. However, please stay away from politics and religion as they are subjects that could easily polarize us.

In fact, as David/1986F150Six put it, "FORD" in the title of the thread stands for:

Friendly

Open

Respectful

Discussion

So, let's get started. How 'bout the US women's soccer team? Oh wait, this is an international forum and we have some Brit's on here, which they just beat, so we can't talk about that. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Look what I parked beside this morning;)

IMG_7927.jpg.2b87c3f8f533307b17e2cff1caf77c6e.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg.a672f7de469e227dd56679d93d4e037d.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg.ec97c99ade78df9878d719c915571828.jpg

I was in our neighboring city this morning running some errands and spotted this nice little Bull Flareside. The truck is nothing special really (well, except the fact that it still on the road 40 years later when most of the vehicles of this era were scrapped decades ago), but the one main thing to note about it is that it is a one-owner vehicle. I spoke to the original owner inside the McDonalds. I had actually met the guy a year or two ago out on one of the car nights, but he did not have the truck with him at that time.

It's a 1980 with 300/6 and auto trans. Not a show truck, but a nice little survivor that is in very nice condition for it's age. I quite like the silver color.

I was in our neighboring city this morning running some errands and spotted this nice little Bull Flareside. The truck is nothing special really (well, except the fact that it still on the road 40 years later when most of the vehicles of this era were scrapped decades ago), but the one main thing to note about it is that it is a one-owner vehicle. I spoke to the original owner inside the McDonalds. I had actually met the guy a year or two ago out on one of the car nights, but he did not have the truck with him at that time.

It's a 1980 with 300/6 and auto trans. Not a show truck, but a nice little survivor that is in very nice condition for it's age. I quite like the silver color.

Well spotted, Cory!

These are not OEM, but the Flareside owner might be interested as they are missing on his truck:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1980-1981-To-1986-Ford-Truck-Bronco-Bumper-Guard-No-Impact-Strip-Full-Size/223509230302?hash=item340a3032de:g:HsYAAOSwDvZc03TD

OEM - used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-96-FORD-BRONCO-F150-250-TRUCK-CHROME-BUMPER-GUARDS-BUMPERETTES-PAIR/254256793433?hash=item3b32e2c759:g:T-8AAOSwzBJc-oGw

My first thought was that this post doesn't really belong in the FORD Lounge since it is on-topic. But then I noticed it says FORD across the hood and across the tailgate, so it really does fit. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Seriously though, that is a really nice truck. And I really love that it is a one-owner. I'd say he needs to join this forum, but he obviously knows how to maintain the truck already. :nabble_smiley_good:

David,

We had a discussion about these bumperette-less bumpers a while back. They DO look incomplete to me, but they did indeed come that way from Ford. Still...I think I'd install them if it were mine.

My first thought was that this post doesn't really belong in the FORD Lounge since it is on-topic. But then I noticed it says FORD across the hood and across the tailgate, so it really does fit. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary,

True enough....but the reason I stuck it in here was that it was just a truck that was spotted in the wild, and not for sale. Wasn't really worth starting a whole new thread over it, but thought it worth a mention being a one-owner and all. I mean really, how often do we see that these days?....

In the grand scheme of things, there can't be very many one-owner Bullnoses left around. Around here, they were already well rusted out even in the 90's.

Well, let's be clear, while my Devon family may be still throwing chippies at the pub screen, and no one is spotting me a pint, some of us were already proudly wearing our number 13 jerseys on this side of the pond!