Bullnose Forum

Which Grille Do You Think Looks Better on My Truck?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Silicones, on the other hand, are good to 400* ( or more!) and very tenacious on clean smooth surfaces.

That's exactly why they're useful to seal windows and bathroom tile.

Good point. I figured the regular two sided tape stuff would be better since it is easier to remove in case he doesn't like it. He's going through some test phases here.:nabble_smiley_happy:

However, I am a big fan of silicone...that will most definitely adhere the best, but it will also be the worse to remove if he doesn't like it;).

Silicones, on the other hand, are good to 400* ( or more!) and very tenacious on clean smooth surfaces.

That's exactly why they're useful to seal windows and bathroom tile.

Good point. I figured the regular two sided tape stuff would be better since it is easier to remove in case he doesn't like it. He's going through some test phases here.:nabble_smiley_happy:

However, I am a big fan of silicone...that will most definitely adhere the best, but it will also be the worse to remove if he doesn't like it;).

It won't be worse than* JB Welding them to the hood! :nabble_smiley_evil:

But we know that wouldn't let go.

It won't be worse that JB Welding them to the hood! :nabble_smiley_evil:

I'm sure you were joking, but I thought the JBW idea was to fill the hollows in order to have more surface area to grab with double-stick tape or silicone. No?

It won't be worse that JB Welding them to the hood! :nabble_smiley_evil:

I'm sure you were joking, but I thought the JBW idea was to fill the hollows in order to have more surface area to grab with double-stick tape or silicone. No?

You DO see the evil grin, right?

I did and do. But was just wondering if I was mistaken.

I was thinking about the F O R D hood letters a little bit more, and I had a thought. The 1980 and 1981 models stretched the F O R D letters across the center of the hood, and the aluminum tailgate finish panel also had F O R D letters stretched across the center:

1980-ford-f150-ranger-lariat-v8_360_8723b02b4e6a7d3af79d4920a879ad69.jpg.bfc1646da65bd059520f1edcddcfcb85.jpg

When the aluminum tailgate finish panel was redesigned for the 1985 and 1986 models, the same FORD letters were used, but they were now closer together and shifted to the right:

IMG_1394.jpg.710e66399df7be1523439da03841db46.jpg

How do you think it would look, if I were to place the FORD letters closer together and shifted to the right of the hood? This would match the placement of the letters on the back better to make it look more consistent - like something Ford *might* have done if they were still using hood letters in 1985? I would use slightly smaller letters, like what was found on the 1979 and 1980 Mustang. These are in the same font style as the 1980 and 1981 truck hood letters:

8183491932_3260177019_b.jpg.4e7a6cc93176a9032c8b1ea6c3f65eae.jpg

I was thinking about the F O R D hood letters a little bit more, and I had a thought. The 1980 and 1981 models stretched the F O R D letters across the center of the hood, and the aluminum tailgate finish panel also had F O R D letters stretched across the center:

When the aluminum tailgate finish panel was redesigned for the 1985 and 1986 models, the same FORD letters were used, but they were now closer together and shifted to the right:

How do you think it would look, if I were to place the FORD letters closer together and shifted to the right of the hood? This would match the placement of the letters on the back better to make it look more consistent - like something Ford *might* have done if they were still using hood letters in 1985? I would use slightly smaller letters, like what was found on the 1979 and 1980 Mustang. These are in the same font style as the 1980 and 1981 truck hood letters:

I don't think I'd like that, Rick. It is your truck, but ......

I don't think I'd like that, Rick. It is your truck, but ......

Oh, good, you put a thumbs-down emoji on here:

:nabble_thumbs-down-23_orig:

Again, just a thought.

How do you think the FORD letters look closer together and on the right of the redesigned 1985 tailgate panel?

How do you think the FORD letters look closer together and on the right of the 1979 Mustang hood?

Would it look odd to see the F O R D letters stretched across the center of the hood (1980/1981 style), combined with the FORD letters closer together and on the right of the tailgate trim panel (1985/1986 style)?