Bullnose Forums

Which Grille Do You Think Looks Better on My Truck?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You have the letters on your hood.

I thought it was either/or?

Since I liked the letters on the hood, I got creative and added "L A R I A T" on my hood, along with the stock 1985 grille with the Ford oval. I did that last year with stock Ford Freestar letters. I think "F O R D" on the hood AND a Ford oval on the grille looks rather redundant.

This time, I only swapped the grilles. But if I decide to stay with the earlier style grille without the Ford oval, I could always replace the custom "L A R I A T" hood letters with the stock "F O R D" hood letters instead.

Since I liked the letters on the hood, I got creative and added "L A R I A T" on my hood, along with the stock 1985 grille with the Ford oval. I did that last year with stock Ford Freestar letters. I think "F O R D" on the hood AND a Ford oval on the grille looks rather redundant.

This time, I only swapped the grilles. But if I decide to stay with the earlier style grille without the Ford oval, I could always replace the custom "L A R I A T" hood letters with the stock "F O R D" hood letters instead.

I like the earlier grill. As always, your truck looks great!

I vote for the 1985 grill!:nabble_smiley_good:

Rick - When you start a thread you can create a poll. I'm not sure you can when editing the first post or not.

Anyway, I like the early grille with the faux early hood. It just seems too busy with the later grille and the lettering on the hood.

Rick - When you start a thread you can create a poll. I'm not sure you can when editing the first post or not.

Anyway, I like the early grille with the faux early hood. It just seems too busy with the later grille and the lettering on the hood.

Thanks for the poll idea; I just added it.

And I appreciate your opinion. I see what you are saying and I agree with you. It's funny that the earlier 1980 grille has *more* bars than the 1985 grille, yet the letters look "too busy" with the 1985 grille.

What do you think about the "L A R I A T" hood letters in lieu of "F O R D" letters with the earlier 1980 grille? It seems to work out okay, since "LARIAT" has 6 letters, and the 1980 grille is divided into 6 compartments at the top.

And I appreciate your opinion. I see what you are saying and I agree with you. It's funny that the earlier 1980 grille has *more* bars than the 1985 grille, yet the letters look "too busy" with the 1985 grille.

What do you think about the "L A R I A T" hood letters in lieu of "F O R D" letters with the earlier 1980 grille? It seems to work out okay, since "LARIAT" has 6 letters, and the 1980 grille is divided into 6 compartments at the top.

I had missed that there are six columns and six letters. It looks to me like you nailed it. I like it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Even though as a purist the idea of putting an earlier grille on a later truck offends me, I have to agree it looks good on your truck. Given that you're already violating the natural order of things, have you considered replacing the fender badges with the earlier style as well? The later ones clash with the lettering on the hood.

Even though as a purist the idea of putting an earlier grille on a later truck offends me, I have to agree it looks good on your truck. Given that you're already violating the natural order of things, have you considered replacing the fender badges with the earlier style as well? The later ones clash with the lettering on the hood.

Interesting thought about the 1982 - 1986 fender emblem lettering "clashing" with the 1980 style hood lettering (the Ford Freestar lettering I used for the hood letters is in the exact same font as the 1980/1981 hood letters).

I see what you are saying that the lettering is different, but does it "clash?" For example, the 1973 Ford trucks used one script for the hood letters, and a different style was used for the side emblems. I don't think I would want to change the fender emblems. The earlier fender emblems are made of metal and attach with pins, and I think the script is rather boring.

And I like the large "F" in the 1982 - 1986 style fender emblem. If I decide to keep the 1980 grille, I may simply remove the "L A R I A T" hood letters. That would make a really clean look.