Bullnose Forums

More Emoticons? Less Emoticons? Which Ones?

As for the poop, I didn't know if Matthew was serious or not. Let's see what he says. Or others for that matter.

Having said that, I worry that it is not in keeping. However, maybe if it is called "Poop"? Is this what y'all envisioned? 💩

As my wife would readily tell you, I may be nearly 50 years old but I still have the sophisticated sense of humor of a pre-teen. So sure, I was serious about suggesting the poop emoji, but if it's not in keeping with the tone of the establishment I'm hardly going to complain.

Ok Matthew, just for you we have poo: :nabble_poo-23_orig:

(Get it? It rhymes. I'm a poet and my feet show it - they are longfellows. :nabble_smiley_whistling:)

And, we lost Pirate. :nabble_waving_orig:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Gary, how much room is there in the panel for emoji?

I went through ALL the unicode and copied the strings for some I thought we could use.

A couple of dozen, at least. (But some are better alternatives to the ones we have, imo)

***Like the blue 'scream' for shocked. But it then loses its sarcastic connotation ability***

The Ford F-150 has been the best-selling vehicle in the United States for the past 35 years. But you wouldn’t know it from looking at your smartphone.

There are 54 emoji to represent different modes of transportation, at least on modern iPhones. A mind-boggling 12 of them depict trains: You can text a friend everything from a light-rail car to a steam locomotive to the shinkansen. There’s a red coupe, a yellow taxi, an ambulance. There is even a scooter emoji.

But there is no pickup truck emoji.

Perhaps someone out there has made one we want? Can someone find one?

Now, in news you want to hear:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/07/ford-designs-a-pickup-truck-emoji-petitions-unicode-consortium/

So, coming to a phone near you, soon????

truckemoji-800x450.jpg.04f10ec4666c434e8b5a38d0ec51af75.jpg

It's Blue!!! :nabble_smiley_wink:

The Ford F-150 has been the best-selling vehicle in the United States for the past 35 years. But you wouldn’t know it from looking at your smartphone.

There are 54 emoji to represent different modes of transportation, at least on modern iPhones. A mind-boggling 12 of them depict trains: You can text a friend everything from a light-rail car to a steam locomotive to the shinkansen. There’s a red coupe, a yellow taxi, an ambulance. There is even a scooter emoji.

But there is no pickup truck emoji.

Perhaps someone out there has made one we want? Can someone find one?

Now, in news you want to hear:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/07/ford-designs-a-pickup-truck-emoji-petitions-unicode-consortium/

So, coming to a phone near you, soon????

It's Blue!!! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Jim - I don't think there's a limit to the size of the panel/popup you get when you click the Smiley button above. The site came pre-loaded with 4 rows of 10 smileys each, for a total of 40. I replicated the code that generates the last row to give us 10 more, and then edited the titles and content for each. And the panel got taller to accommodate them, so I'm guessing that it'll take as many rows as we want.

However, it doesn't use unicode. Currently we are using gif or png files, with the gif's being the animated ones. Basically what happens is that I save a pic file in about 23 x 23 pixels and give the system a link to it in the code that generates the panel/popup.

So to use unicode simileys, which I think are all static, I screen-snag the image that it generates and save it as a png. Then edit it down to the right pixel count to make it uniformly-sized to the others, which takes trial and error. There may be a better way, although I've not found it yet.

At first blush this seems like an opportunity to have a poll. But polls on this forum aren't very flexible as you have put it in the first post of a thread and you cannot change it after pulling the trigger. So we could have multiple polls to figure out what we want?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jim - I don't think there's a limit to the size of the panel/popup you get when you click the Smiley button above. The site came pre-loaded with 4 rows of 10 smileys each, for a total of 40. I replicated the code that generates the last row to give us 10 more, and then edited the titles and content for each. And the panel got taller to accommodate them, so I'm guessing that it'll take as many rows as we want.

However, it doesn't use unicode. Currently we are using gif or png files, with the gif's being the animated ones. Basically what happens is that I save a pic file in about 23 x 23 pixels and give the system a link to it in the code that generates the panel/popup.

So to use unicode simileys, which I think are all static, I screen-snag the image that it generates and save it as a png. Then edit it down to the right pixel count to make it uniformly-sized to the others, which takes trial and error. There may be a better way, although I've not found it yet.

At first blush this seems like an opportunity to have a poll. But polls on this forum aren't very flexible as you have put it in the first post of a thread and you cannot change it after pulling the trigger. So we could have multiple polls to figure out what we want?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I don't see the point of a poll.

We already have a request for input and suggestions!

If anybody cares, they can post them up, here

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I wouldn't mind smiley's a little bigger.

What would 26x26 or 30x30 look like?

I wouldn't mind smiley's a little bigger.

What would 26x26 or 30x30 look like?

30 x 30 looks much bigger than the default ones, and that looks odd to me. And I can't edit the default ones.

But we could replace all of the 40 defaults and use bigger ones. However, inserting a smiley does cause the line spacing to change, so the bigger the smiley the more spacing there will be.

30 x 30 looks much bigger than the default ones, and that looks odd to me. And I can't edit the default ones.

But we could replace all of the 40 defaults and use bigger ones. However, inserting a smiley does cause the line spacing to change, so the bigger the smiley the more spacing there will be.

Yeah, I understand about the line spacing, that's why I asked what it would look like.

Too much whitespace is not good, but as it is now, my old eyes need to check what it is on my phone.