Bullnose Forums

More Emoticons? Less Emoticons? Which Ones?

Added a couple of ROTFL's, but the yellow/blue guy is too hard to see, so I like the rolling head better. Thoughts? Got a better one?

:nabble_rotfl-23_orig::nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Bastille Day is almost upon us, so that rolling head one might come in handy!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added a couple of ROTFL's, but the yellow/blue guy is too hard to see, so I like the rolling head better. Thoughts? Got a better one?

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/rotfl-23_orig.gifhttp://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

Bastille Day is almost upon us, so that rolling head one might come in handy!

ROTFL.gif.4f97f51638fc561b2b07c451e4fa0298.gif

Say, this just gave me an idea! There are two ways to put emoji or gifs on here. The easy way is to click on the Smiley dropdown above and select something. And that's the menu I've been working on. But those have to be very limited in size since they also show in the menu.

However, you can copy the URL of something that you like that isn't on the list and paste that into the Insert Image popup. And I could make that easier by hosting various emoji/gifs on the website so you'd know where to go get some of them.

In fact, I sorta have as I created a hidden page to house the various emoji I'm placing in the menu. But, I've just added three things that you could easily use. It is on this page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/smilies.html. As said, it is hidden 'cause I didn't think anyone would want it, but if you do I can easily un-hide it.

Thoughts?

And here are the bigger things that are on that page:

bronson_1_orig.gif.83a71b558740af80def307c2171443c2.gif

rimshot_1_orig.gif.0b5d3d14747531f30ff1a09bb9bceb6d.gif

rotfl_orig.gif.1db89b5b64c4bca1b09269c5a2171505.gif

Jim - Are you saying that all you are seeing is the name of the file? Or what?

I'd really like a white background for the Ford oval, but haven't found it yet. But this one is far better than one to which you refer. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the slow-clapping one, I haven't found one yet that I think will work. Basically all that I've found are like the Bronson one - they have to be large in order to know what they are. Can someone give me a link to a good one that is easy to recognize at smiley size?

If I quote you I see the file name and extension.

Just cut & paste your own oval.

A little fotochop or whatever.

You're hosting it, right?

If Dearborn comes down on yo azz pull it.

A pair of animated yellow cartoon hands slow clapping would be fine to me.

If I quote you I see the file name and extension.

Just cut & paste your own oval.

A little fotochop or whatever.

You're hosting it, right?

If Dearborn comes down on yo azz pull it.

A pair of animated yellow cartoon hands slow clapping would be fine to me.

Yes, you can quote it and see the source, but that requires being a member. Anyone on the internet can right-click the pic and see the link.

But, editing it isn't quite that easy as that gif is made up of 15 frames, and each of them has to be edited. I can do that, but maybe later if we don't find one we like better.

As for Dearborn, they'll have to go after thousands of others as well. I found that gif in about that many different places, not to mention all of the places that actually use them. So I'm not too worried.

And I've found clapping hands, but not slow-clapping hands. But if we can find them they'd be just the ticket. Simple things work pretty well, but complex things not so well.

Yes, you can quote it and see the source, but that requires being a member. Anyone on the internet can right-click the pic and see the link.

But, editing it isn't quite that easy as that gif is made up of 15 frames, and each of them has to be edited. I can do that, but maybe later if we don't find one we like better.

As for Dearborn, they'll have to go after thousands of others as well. I found that gif in about that many different places, not to mention all of the places that actually use them. So I'm not too worried.

And I've found clapping hands, but not slow-clapping hands. But if we can find them they'd be just the ticket. Simple things work pretty well, but complex things not so well.

Ok, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in this, so maybe I should stop right here and give it a break. But I added:

• Money Flying: :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

• Sarcastic: :nabble_sarcastic-23_orig:

• Thumbs Down: :nabble_thumbs-down-23_orig:

See what y'all think. And we can pick this up later.

Ok, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in this, so maybe I should stop right here and give it a break. But I added:

• Money Flying: :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

• Sarcastic: :nabble_sarcastic-23_orig:

• Thumbs Down: :nabble_thumbs-down-23_orig:

See what y'all think. And we can pick this up later.

I think that flying money one will see a lot of use!

Say, this just gave me an idea! There are two ways to put emoji or gifs on here. The easy way is to click on the Smiley dropdown above and select something. And that's the menu I've been working on. But those have to be very limited in size since they also show in the menu.

However, you can copy the URL of something that you like that isn't on the list and paste that into the Insert Image popup. And I could make that easier by hosting various emoji/gifs on the website so you'd know where to go get some of them.

In fact, I sorta have as I created a hidden page to house the various emoji I'm placing in the menu. But, I've just added three things that you could easily use. It is on this page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/smilies.html. As said, it is hidden 'cause I didn't think anyone would want it, but if you do I can easily un-hide it.

Thoughts?

And here are the bigger things that are on that page:

Hmm... I'm trying to get GIF's from the interwebs, but when I try to put it into "Insert Image" it returns an error on file type... Not sure that's your problem to fix, but I will look at it a bit more before giving up.

Hmm... I'm trying to get GIF's from the interwebs, but when I try to put it into "Insert Image" it returns an error on file type... Not sure that's your problem to fix, but I will look at it a bit more before giving up.

It is not my problem.

Bronson.gif.0d345101eb467d6297d51e43bf34af2c.gif

That is a gif and it loads nicely. But the clip I found of slow clapping from Friends won't load 'cause it is over the 1 Mb max size.