Bullnose Forums

More Emoticons? Less Emoticons? Which Ones?

Jim -......However, it doesn't use unicode. .......

So to use unicode simileys, which I think are all static, I screen-snag the image that it generates and save it as a png. Then edit it down to the right pixel count to make it uniformly-sized to the others.

Thoughts?

I've been entering the HTML string associated with Unicode(s?)

Not the Unicode itself, which I've left with the character.

UNICORN'S !!!!

It seems to show right up, here in the forum.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim -......However, it doesn't use unicode. .......

So to use unicode simileys, which I think are all static, I screen-snag the image that it generates and save it as a png. Then edit it down to the right pixel count to make it uniformly-sized to the others.

Thoughts?

I've been entering the HTML string associated with Unicode(s?)

Not the Unicode itself, which I've left with the character.

UNICORN'S !!!!

It seems to show right up, here in the forum.

Yes, we can enter the code into our posts, and that works fine. But I can’t put code into the drop-down panel. Only pics. But if we know which ones we want I can do the screen-grab approach to capture them and put them in the panel.

Yes, we can enter the code into our posts, and that works fine. But I can’t put code into the drop-down panel. Only pics. But if we know which ones we want I can do the screen-grab approach to capture them and put them in the panel.

Weird

You started a new thread.

I just replied.... over there.

Weird

You started a new thread.

I just replied.... over there.

Just read through this thread. Please, whatever you do - keep the Bronson one!! Kept cracking up at work every time I scrolled down and it became visible.

As for the others, I am more of a minimalist I guess from back when you had the option of colon, semicolon, D, (, and ).

The problem with those two, Bronson and ROTFL, is that they need to be BIG in order to be recognized. But they don't play well with the other, smaller smileys in the smiley menu. And, they cause major line space issues in a paragraph.

However, it might be possible to put the bigger ones at the bottom of the menu and only put 3 or 4 on a line. And, users will have to realize that placing them in a post will cause issues with line spacing.

What do y'all think? Should we try it?

The problem with those two, Bronson and ROTFL, is that they need to be BIG in order to be recognized. But they don't play well with the other, smaller smileys in the smiley menu. And, they cause major line space issues in a paragraph.

However, it might be possible to put the bigger ones at the bottom of the menu and only put 3 or 4 on a line. And, users will have to realize that placing them in a post will cause issues with line spacing.

What do y'all think? Should we try it?

I don't think we need two rotfl's.

We get it with the red one.

But Gif's, sure