Bullnose Forums

New member - Atlanta

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's asking about dsstephens 347 in the powder blue Bronco, but I could be wrong.

You are correct Jim, But I did check out the link, and that's some pretty big inspiration there!

I'd still love to hear about dsstephens 347

Buddy of mine has a HOT 347 in a Factory Five Cobra replica.

Nascar heads, Carrillo rods, titanium valves, and on and on...

I think the last time he had it dynoed it was 480/480!

You can make a lot of power with a small block. :nabble_smiley_oh:

I think he's asking about dsstephens 347 in the powder blue Bronco, but I could be wrong.

You are correct Jim, But I did check out the link, and that's some pretty big inspiration there!

I'd still love to hear about dsstephens 347

Catching up on the thread! thanks all for the welcome. I will try to spec out the motor. and forgive me, I can't for the life of me find the specs for the parts, and since I basically just paid for it to be done, I can only partially recall details. I have the specs somewhere... the saga of this motor is a fantastic story on how to part someone with their money to the point where they have no choice but to just dump more into it or explain wayyy too much to the spouse. :) oh...this is the second motor. I'll have to find the pictures of the first one. #MetalIsWeakerThanWater

block was cleaned up, bored and decked

new Eagle rotating assembly

comp cams extreme 4x4 cam, have to find the specs

main cap girdle

aluminum heads from a brand I can't recall, not the highest end

edelbrock performer intake

bbk throttle body

can't recall where we ended up on the injectors

MAF conversion

Yes, welcome to the forum!

Matthew (Dorsai) lives in the Atlanta area (yeah, I know it's huge)

Steve83 and Bill (82Lebaront2) are both well versed in efi.

What's up with your AC?

I only have vent Windows up here, I can't imagine steamy Georgia in the summer.

ArdwrknTrk - thanks for the replies

posted some info on the internals in another message

looks like @dorsai lives within same burb I do, so big city...small town

I definitely need the EFI help. I am an accomplished parts changer. the debugging...and anything electrical...is mostly voodoo to me.

w/o AC is NO BUENO. I imagine it all needs to be replaced, the vacuum lines are shot, the duct work behind the dash I know has a crack...so I have replacement parts for it all. just have to do it and charge it. "just".

I'm also rebuilding another truck at the same time. and working more than full time. so nothing gets done fast.

Welcome! So glad you found us!

We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you want.

That's a neat truck! And, I love its story, especially the part of working with your son on it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Welcome!!!!

Thanks! happy to be on the member's map.

#MetalIsWeakerThanWater

Ouch!

Since you live in Atlanta I'm going to assume you hydrolocked the rods, or bent the crank.

If it was up here *it would have been* that the block froze and cracked.

aluminum heads from a brand I can't recall, not the highest end

Procomp maybe?

Edelbrock?

They seem to go into a lot of budget builds.

Ford Racing Performance Parts and Trick Flow seem to cost a little more but need less work to make them right.

ArdwrknTrk - thanks for the replies

posted some info on the internals in another message

looks like @dorsai lives within same burb I do, so big city...small town

I definitely need the EFI help. I am an accomplished parts changer. the debugging...and anything electrical...is mostly voodoo to me.

w/o AC is NO BUENO. I imagine it all needs to be replaced, the vacuum lines are shot, the duct work behind the dash I know has a crack...so I have replacement parts for it all. just have to do it and charge it. "just".

I'm also rebuilding another truck at the same time. and working more than full time. so nothing gets done fast.

Start a thread about your efi problems in the main section of the forum.

I saw that Bill was posting a few minutes ago.

Steve is more of a drive by guy with lots of tech pages on SuperMotors.

#MetalIsWeakerThanWater

Ouch!

Since you live in Atlanta I'm going to assume you hydrolocked the rods, or bent the crank.

If it was up here *it would have been* that the block froze and cracked.

Ooof!

That's one for the wall of shame. :nabble_anim_handshake:

We all keep bits and pieces to remind us how expensive not paying attention to every little detail can be.