Bullnose Forums

New member - Atlanta

Greetings! No idea how I didn't find this forum before, but this is a great resource! Live in north east Atlanta area (Johns Creek). I have an 86 XLT that has been an on again/off again project. I'll give a brief history:

Bought the truck about 4 years ago to get work on with my son and get it running for his 16th birthday (he drives a pickup now since this thing has been such a bear) . We spent a good bit of time cleaning it up and fixing random maintenance items. However, the "simple oil pan leak" was anything but simple and resulted in a rebuild. below is a mix of doing it myself and working with a couple of different shops to various degrees of success. so now we have:

86 XLT

347 stroker (302 original, but new block since the one we rebuilt grenaded)

SD converted to MAF (fiveology racing kit with 94/95 mustang EEC-IV)

4" superlift

superlift superrunner steering

35" Dick Cepek MT's

4.56 gears

new gauge cluster with autometer gauges

current problems

Priority 1: Just developed a no injector pulse situation that I can't figure out. truck was running great...then just no start. the wiring is an absolute mess and repeatedly a problem, so I'm going to order a painless harness (60511) and start over with it.

Priority 2: need to replace dash panel (not pad), since the previous one cracked in half, and the junkyard spare I found didn't have A/C vents on passenger side. Now found one with the vents, so will replace that again.

Priority 3: A/C doesn't work anyway

Priority 4: paint and body work

IMG_7621.jpg.8f204d875907fd2372bce79883a9b198.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, welcome to the forum!

Matthew (Dorsai) lives in the Atlanta area (yeah, I know it's huge)

Steve83 and Bill (82Lebaront2) are both well versed in efi.

What's up with your AC?

I only have vent Windows up here, I can't imagine steamy Georgia in the summer.

Yes, welcome to the forum!

Matthew (Dorsai) lives in the Atlanta area (yeah, I know it's huge)

Steve83 and Bill (82Lebaront2) are both well versed in efi.

What's up with your AC?

I only have vent Windows up here, I can't imagine steamy Georgia in the summer.

Welcome!

Welcome, I just found this forum not too long ago myself, and so glad that I did. It's worth infinitely more than I pay to access it! LOL

But seriously lots of great references, and the people are super quick and accurate with the responses.

I'm pretty courious what else that you added to the internal of your stoker engine.

Enjoy,

Welcome, I just found this forum not too long ago myself, and so glad that I did. It's worth infinitely more than I pay to access it! LOL

But seriously lots of great references, and the people are super quick and accurate with the responses.

I'm pretty courious what else that you added to the internal of your stroker engine.

Enjoy,

Gary can provide the details, but the following link [Gary's engine] will act as a teaser:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Gary+Lewis+Tim+Meyers+dyno+400&view=detail&mid=9937D16FFCEA80CEC5039937D16FFCEA80CEC503&FORM=VIRE

I'm pretty courious what else that you added to the internal of your stroker engine.

Enjoy,

Gary can provide the details, but the following link [Gary's engine] will act as a teaser:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Gary+Lewis+Tim+Meyers+dyno+400&view=detail&mid=9937D16FFCEA80CEC5039937D16FFCEA80CEC503&FORM=VIRE

I think he's asking about dsstephens 347 in the powder blue Bronco, but I could be wrong.

Wow. I am out of step... Gary has referred to his engine as a stroker. Thanks and have a good day. The link is still enjoyable to watch! :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Gary's 400 is essentially a 'factory stroker' of the 351M.

The same way a 302 and 351W share bore and c-c distances. (Block and crank are different)

And 429-460 share everything but the crank & compression height of the pistons.

347's are also stroked 302's but rely on a 0.030 overbore for some of that increased ci.

They have a 3.400 stroke

ETA.bore.& stroke detail. :nabble_smiley_cool: