Bullnose Forums

Eddy Myrtle

Sac79

The only aftermarket throttle cable I've heard of is Lokar. Can you post a pic? I'm curious what the issue is.

Here was my issue...

I bought the aftermarket bracket. It had to be modified a little, the throttle linkage rubbed against the frame. It came with two return springs, which is too powerful(I could not push it to full throttle with my hand), so I'm using one. My original cable has a broken plastic sleeve inside its return spring, but the issue was simply connecting it to the linkage. I considered just getting an end-assembly and cutting mine.

But I found this in the carb's box...

So problem solved, I think. I'm going to cut the plastic sleeve and return spring off my cable and it should work fine with the aftermarket bracket.

I'll find out tomorrow. I also replaced a couple of the washers on the manifolds with larger ones, where I could.

And here's a preview with the air cleaner. Color suggestions? Options are black, aluminum(aka aluminium:nabble_smiley_evil:) or the same blue as the block...

Yes, the stud is the way to go. I think it'll work. :nabble_smiley_good:

Color? Not aluminum as that is too much of the same thing. I think I like blue.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That cap may be bent. And you do not need a tool to take it off or put it on. Just gloves and/or shop towels to protect your hands - you press down HARD and turn it to lock/unlock it.

I could probably take the one on my tranny off and get a pic of it tomorrow if you need it.

And you've got the PCV system figured out. Air goes in via the filter on the side of the air cleaner, through the hose to the oil filler cap, down through the crankcase, up to the PCV valve, and then into the base of the carb to be burned.

The only aftermarket throttle cable I've heard of is Lokar. Can you post a pic? I'm curious what the issue is.

Thanks Gary, I don't think I need a picture. I thought it might be bent as well and turned the tips in a little without success. I get it pushed down all the way, followed by a slight turn and then it pops out again! I'm thinking the 'ledge' is too small to hold it, hence I thought a piece might have broken off, but unlikely it would be identical on both sides. I might put a file to it and try to modify it a little and then keep trying to get it to stick.

As for the PCV, so air goes into the system through the oil cap, would that be dirty air then(as it draws from outside the filter)? Anyway, bottom line, all I need is those to connections, correct?

Do you know the function of the blue valve in the picture(next to the snorkel)?

Here is the PCV filter they are talking about. Goes in air cleaner and hose goes from it to valve cover cap.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/microgard-4263/engine-sensors---emissions-25132/pcv-25064/breather-element-filter-11980/31a4a4d74441/microgard-crankcase-breather-element/42991/4443973/2004/nissan/titan?q=42991&pos=0

Thanks again Gary. That's quite telling, obviously a big difference. I'll try to customize mine, at least it makes sense now. Doubt I can buy a replacement, maybe pick one up in a yard though...

Replacement:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Dodge-Truck-NP435-NP4530-NEW-Shifter-Boot-Retainer-Kit-Power-wagon-F150/264653089947?hash=item3d9e8dac9b:g:BIYAAOSw-5RZiyrH:sc:USPSPriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox!34470!US!-1

Thanks again Gary. That's quite telling, obviously a big difference. I'll try to customize mine, at least it makes sense now. Doubt I can buy a replacement, maybe pick one up in a yard though...

Replacement:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Dodge-Truck-NP435-NP4530-NEW-Shifter-Boot-Retainer-Kit-Power-wagon-F150/264653089947?hash=item3d9e8dac9b:g:BIYAAOSw-5RZiyrH:sc:USPSPriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox!34470!US!-1

Well done, Shaun! Not only is it a replacement, it is a good price. :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks Bruce. I've seen that part in the LMC catalog, but not on my truck... So that should have been connected to this hose(from the oil cap) inside the air cleaner? Explains why I couldn't understand why everyone said the air was filtered. Now why on earth would the PO not replace that for $3!?

IMG_3495.jpg.32b774d3a8026d6cac3a4c85a33456cf.jpg

Replacement:

Done! Thanks Shaun. I suppose I could have looked myself, but I was set on just customizing mine today. The price changed my mind though. I have enough to do as it is.