Bullnose Forums

Eddy Myrtle

Sac79

Stove pipe opening - The bottom opening on the snorkel(I thought it was very descriptive, I guess not:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:). I was thinking it might be open this morning when I first started the truck up. It wasn't. The temperature might have been high enough, or it doesn't work... Not that it would make a huge or any difference. More out of curiosity and the fact that I hooked it up to the vacuum. Unnecessary tubing if it doesn't work! The truck starts first time, no choke required. Takes a couple of blips of the throttle to leave it idling though.

And yes, I did lube the calipers thoroughly, but with the paint(more so on the knuckles) it's a tight fit. The retainers needed some serious encouragement... Could that be my problem. I guess I can afford a few miles of bad fuel efficiency to give the brakes a chance as is. Majority of the driving I'm planning is just 5 miles to a garden center and back...

Our page on Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners says that at 10 degrees you'll be getting straight hot, and at 90 degrees you should be getting straight cold. And in between a mix.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truck looks great! I like how simple it is! :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Shaun. Yeah, it's pretty simple, no options or trim here. And now it's simple under the hood too. I'm thinking of adding some stainless wheelarch trim though, mostly to hide the holes left by the running boards. And some steps, to help the wife get in!

Our page on Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners says that at 10 degrees you'll be getting straight hot, and at 90 degrees you should be getting straight cold. And in between a mix.

Thanks Gary. I might have to wait for winter to test it properly, or get a vacuum tool. I don't have a check valve in place, could that be an issue, looking at the documentation the check valve only keeps the door shut for longer?

Thanks Jim, I'm very happy with the wheel and tire combo. The mat should hopefully do the trick of keeping the bed floor in decent shape.

Looks good! I like the wheels. Nice looking truck!

It looks like the same bed mat as I have.

Thanks Gary. I might have to wait for winter to test it properly, or get a vacuum tool. I don't have a check valve in place, could that be an issue, looking at the documentation the check valve only keeps the door shut for longer?

The illustration is messed up.

It shows the spring compressed, or extended, but it never really shows the door completely horizontal.

The check valve is there so the door doesn't move to fresh air when accelerating while cold.

(This is much the same problem as climate control defaulting to defrost under acceleration)

The illustration is messed up.

It shows the spring compressed, or extended, but it never really shows the door completely horizontal.

The check valve is there so the door doesn't move to fresh air when accelerating while cold.

(This is much the same problem as climate control defaulting to defrost under acceleration)

Jim - Are we talking about the same page? I was referring to the one that has these images:

Air_Cleaner_Pg_1.thumb.jpg.f52e0cb88084138a69814134f94cfdec.jpgAir_Cleaner_Pg_2.thumb.jpg.d2a01ca5540eb12461cc2ee5ab6750e3.jpg

Nope.

I'm taking about the third illustration under the path you posted

I think we are still talking about two different pages as those are the 2nd and 3rd illustrations from the page at Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners. I'm guessing that the way I have the pages set up is causing you to go to another page than that one.

Can you give me the URL of the one you are looking at?

Looks good! I like the wheels. Nice looking truck!

It looks like the same bed mat as I have.

Thanks Dane. The bed mat is a Trail FX, I would guess that a few companies probably sell the same mat under a different name...

I think we are still talking about two different pages as those are the 2nd and 3rd illustrations from the page at Documentation/Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners. I'm guessing that the way I have the pages set up is causing you to go to another page than that one.

Can you give me the URL of the one you are looking at?

Gary, I think he is referring to the next two pages, 68 & 69. Regardless, for me it appears as though my ambient temps are too high to test the system at the moment(without a vacuum pump). It says that even with a check valve the door could only be shut for seconds after startup at 70F. Even though I've added an AC duct to my basement garage, I won't see anything below 75 until October...