Bullnose Forums

Eddy Myrtle

Sac79

Rob, I'm running a metal filter with a 90* built into the outlet.

While it's only 8mm in and out it's enough for my 460.

I just happened into it when I was working on my brothers Altima, but there are all sorts of OE applications you won't know about.

That might solve your problem and clean up the routing a bit.

Any possibility to turn the regulator clockwise 90*?

That would take a whole lot of that S out of the hose on the left hand side.

I don't know how you'd feel about the pressure gauge facing up, but we often used to see that in the pits.

Glad to see you're making so much progress, because progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Jim, I thought about the orientation of the regulator a lot, the best position would have been with the inlet facing the front, gauge the driver's side, outlet the passenger's side and adjusting nut the firewall... But with the mounting bracket and location I chose that wasn't possible. I'll run it like I have it and if I don't experience problems, great. If I do have problems, I'll experiment further.

I think the 90 deg banjo fitting from Edelbrock should suffice for now to tie up my fuel system, but as I say, we'll see how it goes ones it runs... Thanks for the idea though, and yes, I would like everything to be as 'clean' as possible, but first I need the truck running. I have house/yard projects that need more than a Toyota pickup...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the regulator, Holley & Summit Racing's knock off are the same from what I have seen.

It should have 4 screws holding the top part on to the main body.

This is a Holley regulator on my drag race car that I run a Holley Blue Pump on.

On your regulator I would have mounted it closer to the pump and either used a short rubber hose between pump and regulator or steel line & 2 short rubber hoses.

Then use steel line out of regulator to carb again using short rubber hoses.

You want to keep the rubber hose used as short as you can because when it dries out (not if) you have more of it that can leak and spray gas all over a hot engine and start a fire.

When I was drag racing NHRA has a limit of 1 foot TOTAL for rubber hose used on cars for a reason and I try and stick to it on all my builds.

Other wise looking good.

Dave ----

Dave(and Gary), it's a Holley knock off from Summit. Yes, it has the 4 screws on top holding the 'dome' on, the hole I'm referring to is orientated the same as the outlets and positioned on one side of the 'dome' itself. You can see it in this picture. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3032 The fact that it's open in that picture suggests it is how it's suppose to be.:nabble_anim_crazy: Still, looks weird to me.

Thanks for the advice on the fuel line. Maybe I can get some more ideas as to the location of the regulator and routing of the lines at Gary's next get-together. For now, I'll just add changing the lines to regular maintenance until I have a permanent solution. As I mentioned to Jim, my priority now, is getting it running. I can always come back and tackle individual issues over weekends etc. after plans have been thoroughly thought out.

Thanks David. Interesting find, I haven't seen those. Doubt I would find them in the yards around here and those prices are a little high just to avoid an aftermarket cleaner.

Wow eddy!! That is one nice build!! Love the plain Jane truck! The way most should be haha. Your attention is detail is wicked

Now you see one of many reasons why I don't want the C-II pump. Just turn the wheel and it'll puke its guts out, all over the engine, floor, etc. Add noise and lower assist and it has three strikes.

Well I hope the new cap reduces the puking significantly. I could live with puking at full lock for now, but the current level of pukiness is not acceptable...:nabble_smiley_angry:

The C2 pump will always pee a stream onto the bottom of the hood through the vent hole no matter how tight the lid.

Although sometimes unavoidable, be conscious of turning the wheel with the engine off.

The C2 pump will always pee a stream onto the bottom of the hood through the vent hole no matter how tight the lid.

Although sometimes unavoidable, be conscious of turning the wheel with the engine off.

Ahh, I think you just pointed out a mistake on my part, which I realized was wrong at the time, I just didn't think it would affect the outcome as much. The manual directed turning the wheel while cranking the engine. Since I have no power and were doing those things individually I suppose the puking was exacerbated. So maybe it won't be as bad with the pump running. Hopefully, otherwise I see a Saginaw swap as my first weekend project! And yes, I realize that should have been part of my plan from the start, especially since I could have gotten the parts at the salvage for less than the pump I replaced!:nabble_smiley_angry:

Wow eddy!! That is one nice build!! Love the plain Jane truck! The way most should be haha. Your attention is detail is wicked

Thanks Chris, I'm looking forward to following your build and side project as well! My attention to detail is waning as I'm rushing to finish and my budget diminishes, but I'll get it all the way I want it eventually. And yes, plain Jane is a good description, anything without AC probably qualifies for that moniker! So I suppose my truck always will.:nabble_smiley_good:

Ahh, I think you just pointed out a mistake on my part, which I realized was wrong at the time, I just didn't think it would affect the outcome as much. The manual directed turning the wheel while cranking the engine. Since I have no power and were doing those things individually I suppose the puking was exacerbated. So maybe it won't be as bad with the pump running. Hopefully, otherwise I see a Saginaw swap as my first weekend project! And yes, I realize that should have been part of my plan from the start, especially since I could have gotten the parts at the salvage for less than the pump I replaced!:nabble_smiley_angry:

The pump won't puke at all if it's turning.

But it will probably moan, groan and whirr.

The pump won't puke at all if it's turning.

But it will probably moan, groan and whirr.

I remember the whine fondly from when the truck was running. My Toyota has manual steering, so I'll happily put up with noises as long as it stays clean. You've given me hope Jim!:nabble_smiley_good:

I remember the whine fondly from when the truck was running. My Toyota has manual steering, so I'll happily put up with noises as long as it stays clean. You've given me hope Jim!:nabble_smiley_good:

Angelo said he likes it too.

Shaun said a GF of his would know a Ford because she drove a Ranger and knew the sound.

I'm kinda glad I got away from it myself.

But, you're right, power assist is WAY better than Armstrong steering.