Bullnose Forum

Woodgrain repair kit [for ideas only]

Barry - I want you to see where the info is so you'll have confidence in it. Go to the page at Documentation/Literature and it'll show you a spreadsheet for much of the complete doc's that are on the site. Scroll down to the row that says Dealer Facts Book and click on the On Site for 1983.

That opens up the 1983 Dealer Facts Book. Then click on the Vehicles tab and then the F-Series 4x2 tab. And then go to:

• Page 4: Standard features, and it looks like the base trucks had no extra trim

• Page 7: Shows the XL trim, and those trucks got "bright" trim on the front doors, which I take to be the chrome surround.

• Page 8: Shows the XLT trim, and the doors there got "woodtone applique"

Does that help?

On the XLS trim, do you happen to know what the horn pad with cruise looked like? my truck has the black basket weave bezels but the rosewood pattern horn pad for use with cruise and I am curious about the XLS and if it might would look better with the basket weave than the rosewood design.

On the XLS trim, do you happen to know what the horn pad with cruise looked like? my truck has the black basket weave bezels but the rosewood pattern horn pad for use with cruise and I am curious about the XLS and if it might would look better with the basket weave than the rosewood design.

XLS is a brushed aluminum. Very rare. I don't, yet, have one but Jonathan does.

XLS is a brushed aluminum. Very rare. I don't, yet, have one but Jonathan does.

Ah ok, so it probably wouldnt look good with the black basket weave dash trim then. Just was thinking outside the box as the woodgrain is quite hard to find in NOS condition ive had the NOS part number plugged in ebay for 2 years now and the only hits I get are for the non cruise variant.

Ah ok, so it probably wouldnt look good with the black basket weave dash trim then. Just was thinking outside the box as the woodgrain is quite hard to find in NOS condition ive had the NOS part number plugged in ebay for 2 years now and the only hits I get are for the non cruise variant.

I'd think if you get hits for the non-cruise variant you have the wrong part number....

I'd think if you get hits for the non-cruise variant you have the wrong part number....

Nope I have a saved search for the exact part number and then I do another save of the same part number minus the suffix cause some people dont type out the whole part number in their listings I noticed. So without the suffix at the end it opens up a wider arrange of hits. I even get hits for the stylized steering wheel horn pads that have the ford oval and is round with 6 screws that hold it to the steeringwheel because of this. But I rather get hits like this in the off chance some fool doesnt type out the whole part number in their listing.

E07898EE-3819-4DE9-9C61-42B86FA13D8F.jpeg.ab1b75782a476084c63bcf38241f36b7.jpeg

B2CC815C-858E-4B55-882B-E2B958438D9D.thumb.jpeg.9334a73bb8e239d791aa42e5c2042d8a.jpeg

This one is a silver spray paint clone that one of our members made to match genuine XLS bezels. This might be an option especially if you just want something that looks good with black weave and does not have to match exactly with the brushed texture:

B33ADE6C-0368-445E-9658-CC26F5EFDD66.thumb.jpeg.716c52e9cc7573087b29f56c53725798.jpeg

This one is a silver spray paint clone that one of our members made to match genuine XLS bezels. This might be an option especially if you just want something that looks good with black weave and does not have to match exactly with the brushed texture:

Interesting. I will have to think on that one. its a toss up now between the wood grain or the silver xls style. If I go xls style I could just clean up what I have and shoot it in silver paint since mine is not chipped or damaged its just the wood grain has been worn off down to the base brown.