Bullnose Forums

About a reliable ignition coil

Johns3524

They do rotate backwards to the VW engine, and loo like they rotate backwards to everything, but if you look at the rotation of most engines they are clockwise viewed from the front, or counterclockwise viewed from the rear which is exactly how a Corvair engine rotates. It allowed Chevrolet to use some components that were the same as the RWD cars and some of the same machine tools like the hypoid gear tools. As a result, the 1966-69 models used Saginaw 3 and 4 speed transmissions.

As for a radiator, for a Corvair, damn hard piece to find!

I assume this is about Corvairs. I actually did just buy another 64 coupe. It’s a mess, but these were a great part of the my earlier days of car adventures...kinda fun. 145236...

I used to have (2) 66 coupes with 4 speed Saginaws...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume this is about Corvairs. I actually did just buy another 64 coupe. It’s a mess, but these were a great part of the my earlier days of car adventures...kinda fun. 145236...

I used to have (2) 66 coupes with 4 speed Saginaws...

EveryBody needs a spare motor..AA0FD563-3176-4398-948C-EC3D2746CC8B.jpeg.5a60eb7ef99699ce250fa1e9914e3cbc.jpeg

Strange! Why are the carbs on the ends of the manifolds instead of in the middle? They look perfectly placed to have another one at the other end, but there isn’t one.

Hi Gary, actually they DO come in a 4 carb version. I had a 66 Corsa 140. Interesting to tune. Ran quite well. I was really into the years ago. Now they adapt fuel injection, and adapt them to use in home built aircraft as well. Now that I’ve bought another one and a few spare parts, I imagine I’ll always keep one.

Hi Gary, actually they DO come in a 4 carb version. I had a 66 Corsa 140. Interesting to tune. Ran quite well. I was really into the years ago. Now they adapt fuel injection, and adapt them to use in home built aircraft as well. Now that I’ve bought another one and a few spare parts, I imagine I’ll always keep one.

Here is a GM special projects car motor.FAAF8B6F-4FDA-4C85-A39F-41386D0643FA.jpeg.b9e28814dbbbe27e77e8263443797f3b.jpeg

Wasn’t a Monza a hot one?

I’ll have to look up that article. I think they were special Weber’s..not sure. Of course the standard carbs we’re Rochester. The turbo used a side draft carter

I’m still remembering details and getting caught up with what I did in the 60s when these first came out. I have home video of doing valves, rings and rod bearings on a 1960 coupe...in 1962. Then I didn’t have a manual. Memories...