Bullnose Forums

About a reliable ignition coil

Johns3524

May I ask Gary do you prefer the The HEI solution to be the future for the bullnose era trucks?

I don't see anything wrong with the DS-II box. However, the GM module is strong as well. So I'm neither here nor there on that.

However, I'd ask Jim and Bill for their opinions. They've played with these things more than I have.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anything wrong with the DS-II box. However, the GM module is strong as well. So I'm neither here nor there on that.

However, I'd ask Jim and Bill for their opinions. They've played with these things more than I have.

I was asking because of the general lack of available good spark boxes without some planning.

Me being a 300-6 fan and more concerned about the reliability of anything that drives my oil pump, I wouldn’t mind a more expensive distributor drive if it would help take away that sheared pin fear one can dwell on.

My thoughts take me to more simple when I think about. I still have a source for oem points units.

But my motor barely sees 2200 rpms when I’m cruising...and we’ll no one is listening now...

I was asking because of the general lack of available good spark boxes without some planning.

Me being a 300-6 fan and more concerned about the reliability of anything that drives my oil pump, I wouldn’t mind a more expensive distributor drive if it would help take away that sheared pin fear one can dwell on.

My thoughts take me to more simple when I think about. I still have a source for oem points units.

But my motor barely sees 2200 rpms when I’m cruising...and we’ll no one is listening now...

I wish Big Blue's 460 only turned 2200 when cruising. Instead it is turning 2500 at 65 MPH. Imagine that, the biggest engine they sold turning more R's than one of the smaller engines. :nabble_anim_crazy: But wait until I get the ZF5 in it.

I wish Big Blue's 460 only turned 2200 when cruising. Instead it is turning 2500 at 65 MPH. Imagine that, the biggest engine they sold turning more R's than one of the smaller engines. :nabble_anim_crazy: But wait until I get the ZF5 in it.

In my neck of the woods we have so much scenery in this Bronco I barely hit 50 mostly, and since my motor pulls from idle right on up it works for me...did I tell you I don’t drive on the freeway when I can help it? I hope you get that ZF soon. Have a great night all..:nabble_smiley_good:

Damn, Darth's used to turn around that, Monday coming around Salisbury MD I was doing 70 at 1800 rpm.

I can’t remember, is that an internal slave version?

No, the small-block version of the ZF5 has the internal slave while the big-block version has an external slave. Which reminds me, I'd better check that the one from the T-19 will work w/the ZF5.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand. But, I think it means that the T-19 and the ZF5 take the same slave: E3TZ 7A564-A.

Clutch_Slave_Cylinder.thumb.jpg.9b93ebff779ade1f4e0b0b00a10ad73c.jpg

Jim - As we discussed yesterday, the retard during cranking is critical for Big Blue. With the initial advance I have dialed it he starts perfectly as long as the retard works, but if it doesn't the engine kicks back. So that 5-pin module seems like a good plan if using a GM unit.

I like to run manifold vacuum to my vacuum advance units. Therefore, not much advance while cranking or WOT. You dial that in with initial and mechanical. But the cruise advance is high . . . . great for MPGs!!

I like to run manifold vacuum to my vacuum advance units. Therefore, not much advance while cranking or WOT. You dial that in with initial and mechanical. But the cruise advance is high . . . . great for MPGs!!

Good tip... my 300 is definitely idling rough since I deleted the vacuum booster for hydroboost. I wonder if it's getting too much advance? The vacuum booster was leaky so when I plugged that line it might be pulling it too far now. I'll try it. Thanks.