Bullnose Forums

About a reliable ignition coil

Johns3524

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Motorcraft coil that came in my truck lasted from '86-2012.

This coil fit perfect and hasn't skipped a beat in five years, so I feel good about it.

I'll get the # for you in the morning.

FD476

It is under $19 on RockAuto, and $22.13 Amazon Prime.

So, a better deal without RA's outrageous shipping/handling, and there's no hassle returns from the big A.

Something has changed though.

Mine is blue and made in Mexico.

Now black and no country of origin shown

FD476

It is under $19 on RockAuto, and $22.13 Amazon Prime.

So, a better deal without RA's outrageous shipping/handling, and there's no hassle returns from the big A.

Something has changed though.

Mine is blue and made in Mexico.

Now black and no country of origin shown

Ardwrktrk, thanks for that part number. I did a quick search las night and found that blue coil and wondered if that is what you have. I see they offer a TFI style as well for the early eecIV engines as well.

I’ll see what my local standard parts warehouse can get hopefully at least a blue Mexico version as you use.

Number dummy has a lead on a part number that he thinks might be an oem canister but we shall see.

Thanks for the input

“Petesponies”, I actually have in my possession a couple of Mallory 4 pin modules and a couple of heats sinks to do exactly what you had described. I have a hunch some do that with a hot coil.

Since my wiring is still in pretty good shape, and it is all stock at this point I will try to maintain the original system as “duraspark” as long as I can get reliable parts.

We have to see how it shakes out...I’m not sure what coil I have now (the one I got from a junkyard run), but at least a canister is easy to change.

Thanks again all.

I need to make a plan to rebuild one of my spare 208f Xperia cases next, Iv’e developed a bit of a leak on the output shaft of my DD and it’s starting to make a mess on my carport...

Ardwrktrk, thanks for that part number. I did a quick search las night and found that blue coil and wondered if that is what you have. I see they offer a TFI style as well for the early eecIV engines as well.

I’ll see what my local standard parts warehouse can get hopefully at least a blue Mexico version as you use.

Number dummy has a lead on a part number that he thinks might be an oem canister but we shall see.

Thanks for the input

“Petesponies”, I actually have in my possession a couple of Mallory 4 pin modules and a couple of heats sinks to do exactly what you had described. I have a hunch some do that with a hot coil.

Since my wiring is still in pretty good shape, and it is all stock at this point I will try to maintain the original system as “duraspark” as long as I can get reliable parts.

We have to see how it shakes out...I’m not sure what coil I have now (the one I got from a junkyard run), but at least a canister is easy to change.

Thanks again all.

I need to make a plan to rebuild one of my spare 208f Xperia cases next, Iv’e developed a bit of a leak on the output shaft of my DD and it’s starting to make a mess on my carport...

Keeping it 'stockish' is good because down the line you can always get parts for that application.

Even if I have a '92 Taurus 3.8l alternator, a 1986 E350 power steering pump, and a 2002 Altima fuel filter.

1509542866092189863205.thumb.jpg.65e71de6f90e484ef264bade18a5e26f.jpg

Yes on the stockish. I love your power steering pump setup, both of my vans came that way and that is an upgrade I will get to someday. Seeing your motor reminds me I need to look in parts shed and see if I still have and aluminum 351HO air cleaner cover. I need to clean that shed out anyway, thats a good project for today.

If I do I may have a few parts to share or bargain with for something I can use. I know I have a cast iron bell housing small block ..

Keeping it 'stockish' is good because down the line you can always get parts for that application.

Even if I have a '92 Taurus 3.8l alternator, a 1986 E350 power steering pump, and a 2002 Altima fuel filter.

Well, my local warehouse had an FD476 Blue Streak made in Mexico so i bought one and put it on...it runs fine..

IMG_1195.jpg.632b70bf7a14abb474a50002056ff329.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg.1d86de828215db6517f63496be1df77b.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg.09405622bf0bea37f1941804c2aebd29.jpg

They had two in stock..so I may pick up the other as well. Thanks for the tip ardwrktrk and others who are still workin on their own..

Well, my local warehouse had an FD476 Blue Streak made in Mexico so i bought one and put it on...it runs fine..

They had two in stock..so I may pick up the other as well. Thanks for the tip ardwrktrk and others who are still workin on their own..

I'm not a super mechanic, just a guy who's been there.

If I can share, I will.