Bullnose Forums

Suggested Prices On Leftover Big Blue Parts?

You know Gary, unless you have some really bad blood with FTE I wouldn't discount listing these parts in their marketplace.

It would cast a much wider net.

But I guess that depends on how hard it becomes to unload these parts.

Jim - I can still post on FTE, including things for sale. I've chosen not to do so for the last two years as any extra time I have for forums can be used here. But, if the items don't move pretty quickly when the time comes I'll post them there.

Now, for a question to you. We've agreed a price for the shackles that are in Big Blue since the bushings are surely better than the ones off the '95. What would prevent me from placing a chain around the frame and spring as a safety, supporting the front of the spring with a jack, pulling the G8's, lowering the spring a bit to get the shackle out, inserting one from the '95, and then raising the spring back in place and reinstalling the bolts?

That way I can ship them to you pretty quickly instead of you waiting for months.

1995_vs_1985_Front_Spring_Shackles.thumb.jpg.87d7fc77c8084d71c63941a794babc10.jpg

Jim - I can still post on FTE, including things for sale. I've chosen not to do so for the last two years as any extra time I have for forums can be used here. But, if the items don't move pretty quickly when the time comes I'll post them there.

Now, for a question to you. We've agreed a price for the shackles that are in Big Blue since the bushings are surely better than the ones off the '95. What would prevent me from placing a chain around the frame and spring as a safety, supporting the front of the spring with a jack, pulling the G8's, lowering the spring a bit to get the shackle out, inserting one from the '95, and then raising the spring back in place and reinstalling the bolts?

That way I can ship them to you pretty quickly instead of you waiting for months.

Don't be bothered Gary.

You have so much going on and I am in no rush to rip into Li'l Red's front end.

The original idea was to upgrade Big Blue's suspension while the engine was out, because that would be expedient and make the most sense.

I have pivot bushings and the rear of the spring bushings that have been sitting in a box since last year.

This will be the last piece of the puzzle, since I was too cheap or broke to drop that kind of money on some simple little part.

Don't be bothered Gary.

You have so much going on and I am in no rush to rip into Li'l Red's front end.

The original idea was to upgrade Big Blue's suspension while the engine was out, because that would be expedient and make the most sense.

I have pivot bushings and the rear of the spring bushings that have been sitting in a box since last year.

This will be the last piece of the puzzle, since I was too cheap or broke to drop that kind of money on some simple little part.

Ok, Jim. I'll move onto the next thing.....

...the ones on Big Blue, but obviously have the later one upside down.

1995_vs_1985_Front_Spring_Shackles.jpg

:nabble_smiley_thinking: You have that body mount assembled upside-down, too. The hex-recessed shell & rubber go on top; the bolt & round rubber on the bottom (views U & Z):

https://supermotors.net/getfile/194329/thumbnail/body-mounts.jpg

https://supermotors.net/getfile/919955/thumbnail/bodymtl1c.jpg

Well, score another for the "mechanics". Hmmmm, I've often heard about "shade tree mechanics". But palms aren't shade trees, are they? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thanks for pointing that out. But that is coming apart as they also butchered the core support, so I have one Jonathan brought me almost two years ago that'll replace that one. So I'll fix the mounts at the same time.

Well, score another for the "mechanics". Hmmmm, I've often heard about "shade tree mechanics". But palms aren't shade trees, are they? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Thanks for pointing that out. But that is coming apart as they also butchered the core support, so I have one Jonathan brought me almost two years ago that'll replace that one. So I'll fix the mounts at the same time.

I might be interested in that Performer Intake...

Currently debating between that one and the Weiand Stealth. I'm not really sure on what used ones go for.

I might be interested in that Performer Intake...

Currently debating between that one and the Weiand Stealth. I'm not really sure on what used ones go for.

1985 Bronco - I don't know either, but I'll keep you in mind for it. But I'm not sure when I'll take it off. Hopefully this fall. Anyway, email me if you are interested.

Jim - I built an Eddy 600 for my brother. A 750 is just too much for his little Bowtie 350. :nabble_smiley_wink: