Bullnose Forums

Lucky 81' F100

ETM

You Sir are a God among men when it comes to Ebay finds, being in Canada most wont ship to me and they are a little high in price. Will post up the parts off my F250 and see if I can do some local digging and find something closer. Thanks :nabble_anim_handshake:

Thank you, Sir, for the kind compliment, but there is but one true God and I am not he. He did, however, bless me with a good memory and a desire to help others.

Good luck with your search!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

Getting around to posting this today, Have been really thinking of the 5 speed swap the M5od, but think I'm going to leave it how it is Farm fresh stock ish. On that note the OG owner gave me some paint turned out it was the rear bumper paint. So When out an Wire wheeled the hole bumper down until the wheel called it quits, thought that looks good enff for me, so sent it with some paint and it looks pretty good.

IMG_20190622_180636.jpg.8ac1e319f21a442823f46df40c6ffa01.jpg

No Bumper looks weird

IMG_20190622_180642.jpg.4bf0fc1171016f0ffae90774d56b2f34.jpg

Started working on it.

IMG_20190623_141947.jpg.c578e200581773d4aaf079110183cd98.jpg

Finished Product looks pretty good. Pulled the tailgate and made it more straight.

Good Morning,

Getting around to posting this today, Have been really thinking of the 5 speed swap the M5od, but think I'm going to leave it how it is Farm fresh stock ish. On that note the OG owner gave me some paint turned out it was the rear bumper paint. So When out an Wire wheeled the hole bumper down until the wheel called it quits, thought that looks good enff for me, so sent it with some paint and it looks pretty good.

No Bumper looks weird

Started working on it.

Finished Product looks pretty good. Pulled the tailgate and made it more straight.

Looks good! And if there's nothing wrong with the existing tranny there's no good reason to change it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks good! And if there's nothing wrong with the existing tranny there's no good reason to change it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Which is true, Want to do so much but it is mostly original. My old man talked my out of messing with it. But it would help the Drive-ably. The OG owner thinks it's cool. So at an lost on doing it put my car on the road to drive as I don't car about messing with it.

Small little Update.

Stopped and has a Visit with one of my Mothers Friends and her husband is a big ford guy (like's pre 80's :( has 43 coupe, 55 truck, and 73 f250 daily), On with how it relates to me, He has an 81' F150 there with an Okay long bed, Single Gas tank, he said to stop in and we can pull it out to take a look at it and see if it is worth it. As well in the bed there is an M5od that I can have as well. so 2 for 2. Yet to meet a ford guy that wasn't this nice. When I got my new wheels a guy stopped me at Canadian Tire and said he had some center caps and lugs I can have. He really liked how clean I have kept the truck in my time owning it which is less then a year, will look really good with the og bed, if it some what save able.

Did something small going to put my center back in as not a big fan of my XLT radio panel.

IMG_20190703_223542.jpg.9e6518576ea35c0140eb5bca82b0326f.jpg

Cut cut, going to have a couple more sets of these. Still like my chevys but this bulls kept coming home :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Small little Update.

Stopped and has a Visit with one of my Mothers Friends and her husband is a big ford guy (like's pre 80's :( has 43 coupe, 55 truck, and 73 f250 daily), On with how it relates to me, He has an 81' F150 there with an Okay long bed, Single Gas tank, he said to stop in and we can pull it out to take a look at it and see if it is worth it. As well in the bed there is an M5od that I can have as well. so 2 for 2. Yet to meet a ford guy that wasn't this nice. When I got my new wheels a guy stopped me at Canadian Tire and said he had some center caps and lugs I can have. He really liked how clean I have kept the truck in my time owning it which is less then a year, will look really good with the og bed, if it some what save able.

Did something small going to put my center back in as not a big fan of my XLT radio panel.

Cut cut, going to have a couple more sets of these. Still like my chevys but this bulls kept coming home :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Wow! You are on a roll! Congrat's! :nabble_anim_claps:

But I'm not sure what cutting you are going to do on the radio bezel. Can you enlighten me?

But I'm not sure what cutting you are going to do on the radio bezel. Can you enlighten me?

Currently it has an XLT Center, it it looks off with my Custom Dash.

IMG_20190105_114447.jpg.245f10d41210d3d1d89c1c42e30c09e6.jpg

Still not 100% on it but I will looks better will need to do some thing about that gap it will have.

Currently it has an XLT Center, it it looks off with my Custom Dash.

Still not 100% on it but I will looks better will need to do some thing about that gap it will have.

There were mesh radio bezels, as you can see from the table below. And any '85 or '86 bezel will have a DIN opening, unlike the bigger opening on the one you are planning to cut up.

However, an 85/86 "medium gray metalic w/o bright bead" bezel isn't going to be a perfect match for your original "black mesh weave" instrument bezel. So wherever you find the 85/86 radio bezel you might want to also get the instrument bezel.

9232054.thumb.jpg.8b86094f71fb6069052de357f3367037.jpg

Gary, it looks like it has been "trimmed" fro a radio and thinking he wants to make it look a little more even when the radio is installed.

As for a filler a piece of sheet metal trimmed to fit the radio tight and over size of the bezel painted black I think would work.

Both of my radio bezels, custom/black & ranger/wood, have been trimmed for radios. I have a few radios to pick from to install but that is for another time.

Dave ----

• 1 month later...

Just was rereading over my post on my brakes sticking, it eat through my passage pads and I near hit the gate at my farm. So was time to fix it correctly as going to cheap out and not replace the calipers but, did some work and when and bought all new stuff, so new flex lines, calipers and pads. The right rotors are marked up but still had lots of meat on it so got it turned at an local shop, $40 vs $100 for an new one. When I was changing the one flex hose I snapped an Line :nabble_smiley_cry: But I have an Parts Stuck that I can go sell some parts off of. Saved an Trip into town

Old Vs some what old

IMG_20190819_200210.jpg.91ae0899868ef34c3afed5da35e6ea81.jpg

All that new new

IMG_20190819_184813.jpg.878f587ab03a80ed0d1693369ba7b5f1.jpg

Not the most happy with the Car Quest calipers as they needed to be grinded to fit the slid pins, wasn't much work but I just bought them.

It Feels good to drive it to work again after having it side for 3 weeks.

test.jpg.e943a6124d8da5817977f68a21216a3d.jpg